Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Azhar Khan
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Azhar KhanYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am suffering from fissures past 3 months now I am using a ointment I guess it's not much working effectively, I request you all to let me know a best ointment and oral drug to heal faster and I am using homeopathy, it's taking long time to heal, I request to suggest drug in allopathic and ointment.
The skin on your body is an important organ which also has many important functions such as regulating the body temperature through perspiration, allowing you to touch and feel the world around us. The skin is a supple organ with folds and variations and different levels of thickness. To maintain its health, it is very important to keep it properly hydrated. Let’s look at a few ways that can be done naturally:
- Moisturize: This is an important step that many don’t follow and it is a very important part of skin care. Moisturizing is necessary in both dry and wet climates. What you need to be aware of is to change the type of moisturizer from season to season. It is better to moisturize with a lighter lotion and less often during summers while the winters would require a heavier lotion with increased frequency.
- Use humidifiers during the dry seasons: Many people may miss this trick, but it is a good idea to run a humidifier within the room during the dry seasons as it helps you to breathe better as well as keeps your skin hydrated. Also, when sleeping in air conditioned rooms, it is a good idea to run a humidifier to ensure that the cold air doesn’t dehydrate your skin.
- Stop taking hot showers for too long: This is another common reason for dry skin. Taking hot showers for extended periods of time will rob your skin of its natural moisturizers and result in dry, scaly skin. Too long and hot showers will strip the skin of its essential oils and thus result in it becoming scaly and dry. Preferably, take shorter and colder showers.
- Change lifestyle habits: One of the greatest disruptors of skin health are bad habits, such as smoking, drinking excessive alcohol and sun damage. Ensure that you have enough protection from the sun to stop sun damage. Smoking and alcohol both dry out our skin and thus result in you looking older as well as developing more wrinkles. Give up smoking and try to limit alcohol consumption to limited quantities.
- Exercise: Many of the skin related woes occur due to the lack of physical movement, which results in underlying conditions. These underlying conditions may not only cause the skin quality to deteriorate, but will also result in it being dry. It is important to exercise to keep the internal regulatory systems in best condition and keep the skin hydrated.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have a skin rashes on my whole body. So tell me which medicine I will take so that the rashes will get well.
A swelling on my rectum area, which is paining and bleeding while I go for loo. For last two days it's happening, due to this I'm not able to eat much and I feel tired and thirsty too. What can I do to come out of this. Thanks.
Acne vulgaris is a skin disease that causes pimples. It begins in the skin’s oil glands.
Oil travels onto the surface of the skin via a canal called the hair follicle. Pimples pop up when the hair, oil and cells in the follicle form a plug, which clogs the pore. This allows for the bacteria that normally live on the skin to grow and multiply in the clogged pore and when your body’s defense system attacks these bacteria, the area gets inflamed resulting in an unsightly pimple.
Most pimples are found on the face, neck, back, chest, and shoulders and just about anyone can get these zits. No one knows exactly what causes acne in adults. Contrary to what you may have heard, pimples are not caused by dirty skin, but dirt may aggravate acne and so does stress.
Types of acne
Acne can be two types:
- White heads - If the clogged follicle stays beneath the skin and you get a whitish zit, it’s called a white head.
- Black heads - If the plugged follicle reaches the skin surface, you get a blackish bump called a black head. The blackness is because the sebum or oil darkens on the skin’s surface due to exposure to air.
Who is susceptible?
- Anyone can get pimples, but people who are undergoing hormonal changes like adolescents and pregnant women are more susceptible. An increase in levels of certain hormones during puberty can cause the skin oil cells to enlarge and make more oil.
- Adult women become predisposed when they stop taking the contraceptive pill or begin taking it, as this causes a hormonal see-saw too.
- Studies suggest that you can also inherit a tendency to have acne. So genes play a role.
- Certain drugs can cause acne.
- Oily cosmetics can clog pores, leading to acne.
Prevention of Acne
There is no sure way to prevent acne, but try these measures to prevent severe breakouts –
- Wash your face often if you have oily skin.
- Try oil-free cosmetics. Choose products labeled ‘noncomedogenic’, which do not promote the formation of closed pores.
- Always wash after exercising because sweat can clog your skin pores and make your existing acne worse.
- Remember to wash your face and other areas prone to acne as soon as possible, especially after cooking hot, greasy food.
- If you use stuff like hair sprays or styling gels, make sure that you keep them away from your face as much as possible as these products contain oils that can make acne worse. Always try to use water-based products if you are prone to acne.
- If you get acne on your chest or back, avoid wearing tight clothes as these can rub against the acne and cause irritation.
- Never try to pop or squeeze a zit as this can push infected skin and pus deeper into your skin, which can lead to more swelling and redness.
- Wash hair often if you have an oily or dandruff-prone scalp.
Treatment of acne
- It usually takes time to find a product that works for your skin. Over-the-counter (OTC) products come in different strengths. The ingredient that works for most people is benzoyl peroxide. Another ingredient, salicylic acid, is also very effective as it helps to dry up pimples.
- It's best to seek a dermatologist's advice if you find OTC products aren't working for you. He or she will prescribe special gels, creams or pills to fight stubborn acne.
I have dark spots on my face recently. As the pimples have reduced but tuned with dark spots please guide.
I have a black heads and pimples. I used a creams, home treatments but not any effect so how can I remove my pimples and black heads ?
How many times should oily skin be washed on daily basis? Can excess washing of oily face creates problems by creating more oil in face?
If any grown-up skin faces it, it is a condition which is regarded as undiagnosed till date by dermatologists, it is none other than Keratosis Pilaris. The building of keratin on the skin and blockage of hair follicles is termed as Keratosis Pilaris. Arms, butt, and legs are the areas where the formation of these scaly plugs is likely to be found. Though not dangerous, this kind of skin texture can offer a feeling of irritation. Estimation shows that almost forty percent of adults have a tendency of having Keratosis Pilaris.
Dry weather and eczema are conditions with which Keratosis Pilaris can be closely associated. As a matter of fact, this condition also does come along with genetic conditions. Hence, the next time you have ingrown hairs, consult a doctor before you begin to scour your skin.
Areas of the skin that are affected
- When feeling troubles due to some irritation on your skin, especially around your legs and arms, stop for a minute and think what it can be.
- Allergy on your skin, white bumps similar to whiteheads, raised lumps are some the visuals that you can see on your skin if you detect that you might have Keratosis Pilaris.
- Patches of rough or uneven skin are also few of the symptoms.
- Self-diagnosing is never recommended for which you need to see a dermatologist straight away so that you do not have to think for solutions for a condition that you do not have.
To be honest, Keratosis Pilaris is that condition that will linger if you are an adult for life. But for a child, the effects are less harmful as the skin disease seems to fade away by the time they reach thirty. Effectual treatment options have now materialized in this modern era due to such encroachment in medical science for treating the condition of Keratosis Pilaris in the best possible way. Few medical treatments available are as follows:
- Laser Treatment: Reduction of inflammation, scarring and redness, call for the implementation of laser treatment. If you have acute Keratosis Pilaris, then this is the option that you must opt for.
- Creams: Chances are when you visit a reputed dermatologist; the expert will recommend you to apply creams that include salicylic and alpha-hydroxy acid that obstructs the building of keratin scaly plug. The amlactic body lotion is one of the products that are highly sought-after ones that also make your skin smooth and soft.
- Topical Immunomodulators: Tacrolimus and pimecrolimus are few topical immunomodulators that can be utilised for treating Keratosis Pilaris.
- Oral medication: Isotretinoin pills are considered as a very effective oral medication for this skin condition. Acne scarring can be reduced to large extents with this.
Every individual is known to have different kinds of skin. Hence, not every tip will help you to eradicate the disease but will do help in controlling the spreading of the skin condition. Listen to what your body is trying to say to you, agree with what your doctor recommends, and you will have beautiful skin in no time. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!