Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Psychologists online in Nagpur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ayesha Durdana
Submit a review for Dr. Ayesha DurdanaYour feedback matters!
The black seed can be used in various medical formulas to cure numerous ailments. From its usage is a list below of simple remedies for common nuisances and illnesses, bear in mind that an alternative formula can be used to achieve similar results (as are found in various books on the black seed).
- Curing dandruff- crush black seed with vinegar and apply to the sculp this should relieve the ailment (for acne, mix the black seed with a little vinegar to form a paste and apply to the affected region)
- Improving memory- take a teaspoon of blacked oil with a glass of pure orange juice every morning for a period of 10 days
- Backache and muscular pains- mildly heat a little black seed oil and then massage into the affected area alternatively powder equal quantities of asparagus seeds, black cumin, fenugreek and caraway. Take ¼ teaspoon of powder every morning with a glass of water.
- Sleeping disorder - mix a teaspoon of black seed with some honey and water and drink before retiring to bed
- Asthma and bronchial and respiratory problems- mix a teaspoon of black seed oil in coffee, and take twice a day. Also rub the chest with black seed every night and inhale the vapour of black seed in hot water
- Hair loss- massage lemon juice into the hair and leave for 15-20 minutes, wash out thoroughly with shampoo, then aply black seed oil into the sculp and continue for a period of 20 days
- Eye infection, pain and weak sight - apply the oil around the eyes and on the eyelids before retiring to bed, and take ½ a teaspoon of black seed oil mixed with carrot juice, for weak sight continue this treatment until there is improvement
- Flu and nasal congestion- insert four drops of black seed into each nostrils to relieve from nasal congestion and head cold distress
- Toothache and gum- cook some black seeds in vinegar then add black seed oil. Rinse the mouth with this combination to ease toothache and help gums (or even simpler mix a half a teaspoon of black seed oil with warm water and gargle in the mouth, apply oil on the affected tooth for quick relief)
- Healthy complexion- mix black seed oil with an equal amount of olive oil, massage into the face and leave for an hour, then wash out with soap and water
- Diabetes- grind together equal amounts of black seed and watercress (or mustard seed as an alternative) with half its amount of pomegranate peal and fumitory. Take ½ a teaspoon of the mixture together with a teaspoon of black seed oil daily before breakfast, continue treatment for a period of one month.
- Increase in flow of breast milk- mix together 250 grams of black seed with 250grams of pure honey, stir and take one tablespoon with black seed oil twice a day
- Vomiting- take half a teaspoon of fresh ginger juice mixed with equal amount of black seed oil, twice a day
- Brain fever - allow the vapors of kalonji oil to enter the body through breath. Take one lemon juice and half tea spoon kalonji oil and use for 3 days twice a day. From fourth day half tea spoon kalonji oil in one cup of decoction twice a day.
- Blood pressure - in any hot drink tea / coffee, and half tea spoon of kalonji oil and use this mixture twice a day. Also eat two cloves of garlic daily.
- Bleeding related diseases of woman - white discharge etc. Put half bunch of mint pudina in two cups of water and reduce it to one cup by heating it. Add two spoon powder of misree + ½ spoons kalonji oil takes this mixture before breakfast. Treatment may continue for 40 days.
- Cancer - take one glass grape juice add half tea spoon kalonji oil and use thrice a day once in the morning before the breakfast, after the lunch, after the dinner take one kg. Wheat flour, mix together, make bread (roti) or daliya of harira and give to the patient. Treatment may continue for forty days, avoid potato, arvee, brinjal and ambada vegetable.
- Cough - take one cup warm water, add two spoons of honey mix with half tea spoon of kalonji oil and use this mixture twice day once in the morning before breakfast and once in the evening after dinner. Treatment may continue for two weeks. Avoid cold stuff items.
- Ear diseases - heat one teaspoon kalonji oil with one spoonful of olive oil and let it cool. Put two drops of mixture at bed time, you will get immediate relief.
- Heart attack - in a cup of goat milk add half tea spoon of kalonji oil and use this mixture twice a day. Avoid all fatty food items. Continue treatment for ten days. After ten days use daily once.
- Headache - rub the kalonji oil on the forehead and near ears, and also drink half tea spoon kalonji oil twice a day.
- Joint pains - swelling on ankle and other pains in the joints. Take one spoon vinegar and two spoons of honey and add half tea spoon of kalonji oil. Use this mixture twice a day and also message with the same oil. Avoid gas producing elements for 21 days.
- Male related diseases - night discharge: take one cup apple juice and half tea spoon of kalonji oil and use this mixture twice a day in the morning before breakfast and in the night after dinner. Daily four drops of kalonji oil should be rubbed on the head. Treatment may continue for 21 days. Avoid hot/spicy eatable items.
- Skin disease of all types - n one cup of vinegar add half tea spoon kalonji oil and apply this mixture on the effected areas before going to sleep and take bath in the morning. Treatment may continue until you get relief
- Severe cold - take half cup water and half spoon of kalonji oil and quarter spoon olive oil and mix together and filter. Put two drops of filtered mixture into the nose. This method is the best for old col. Use this process twice a day.
Although there are not many sources that speak about the side affects of the black seed it is advised that one does not exceed more than 25g as excessive dosage may be harmful (healing with the medicine of the prophet). Pregnant women are not advised to take the black seed and patients with major illnesses such as liver and kidney disease should consult a doctor as it can cause a drop in blood pressure. Diabetic patience are advised to consult a physician before using the black seeds.
Treatments using honey
The most effective way to take honey is by oral consumption; however it is applied topically depending on the malady that it is used for. We will mention a few of the ways honey can be applied.
- General health – take one teaspoons 2-3 times a day.
- Burns, cuts, wounds, bruises and lacerations – apply topically (i. E. Directly on the place effected)
- To bring lustre to the face – mix equal parts of olive oil, honey and almond oil (this can be stored in a jar), apply the mixture to the face and leave for 15 to 20 minutes before washing off.
- To prevent bed wetting – the child (or patient) should empty their bladder and then take one teaspoon of honey before going to sleep.
- To rejuvenate hair – mix ½ cup of honey and ¼ of a cup of olive oil, massage into the scalp. This will get the nutrients into the roots of the hair. Leave for 30 minutes to an hour and then wash off.
- Cough - 4 table spoons of honey, one table spoon dry ginger powder, and one table spoon lemon juice are uniformly mixed and use one table spoon of this mixture for 2- 4 times a day. For small coughs use one tea spoon of equivalent mixture of honey and onion extracts 3-4 times a day.
- Asthama - boil 1 ltr of water with 100g honey and finely chopped small red onion (shallot) in low flame for about 3 mins. Store it in fridge in a dry container. Heat the mixture before consuming every time. One table spoon of mixture should be only administered to children while adults can use 2 tablespoons. Treatment will only be effective if the medicine is consumed for 3 times a day for 3 days to 3 weeks. Chronic asthama will take more time to cure.
- Constipation - consume a spoon of honey with a cup of cold milk at night. Medication can be continued if constipation persists. Strengthening of heart: boil 2 spoons honey and one spoon of pomegranate bark paste in half cup of water and consume 3 times a day after cooling it down. Care should be taken not to consume anything which may weaken the heart nerves or cholesterol increasing oils and not to smoke.
- Urinary bladder diseases - boil 2 table spoon of kalonji oil in one cup of water till it is reduced to half cup. Add this mixture to half glass boiled water and half cup honey and consume it two times a day for 2 weeks. If problem persists, continue use.
- Premature ejaculation - add one spoon of ginger powder in half cup of honey and consume about quarter of cup of this mixture 2 hrs before sleep. Effective when used continuously for 4 weeks or more
- Nervous disorder - add 3 teaspoons of apple surkha (made from apple juice) to one cup of honey and consume 2 table spoon of the mixture before sleep. If the subject doesn’t sleep in one hour consume the mixture at same quantity again. Natural sleep can be attained after some days of medication.
- Fever - mix powdered spanish cherry (elengi, mimusops elengi) bark to half cup honey and consume one spoon of mixture with boiled water for 4 -5 times a day.
- Diabetes - consume one tea spoon of honey empty stomach and at night before sleep daily. Care should be taken not to eat sweets and rice foods. Note the sugar level before taking honey and after 3days of medication, if the sugar level reduces, then only continue the medication till sugar level drops to normal.
- Fire burns - apply a paste of honey mixed with white of a chicken egg. In case of higher degrees of burns dip the affected part in the paste or keep pouring continuously.
- Sleeplessness - consume two spoons of honey with cold milk one hour before sleep and bath in cold water in morning. Sleeplessness will cure in one or two weeks.
- Obesity - drink one glass of black tea after consuming one table spoon of honey in empty stomach.