Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Avinash SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am having a severe pain in my abdomen I don't know why it is so I was having jaundice can you please say why it is so.
Is anal sex harmful for female partner, what are the tips to b taken while having anal sex. How to warm up clitoris.
I am 20 years male and have a tiny fissures of 5mm at anus due to this there is a heavy blood loss when I go to nature's call (motion) kindly help me out. Thanks in advance.
The way your day starts can affect your entire day and nothing is worse than fighting constipation in the morning. Along with a feeling of heaviness in the abdomen and bloating, constipation can also cause mood swings and lower your attention span. While laxatives can be temporary quick fixes, they can worsen the problem over time.
Hence, it is better to treat this disorder with a few simple lifestyle changes and home remedies.
- Eat plenty of fibre: A bad diet is one the key factors triggering constipation. Fibre not only fills the stomach, but also helps add bulk to your stool making it easier to pass. Ideally, a person should have 20-40 grams of fibre a day. If you suffer from chronic constipation, you can increase this amount a little as well. As an easy way to increase your fibre consumption is ensure that you eat some form of raw salad with every meal. Other foods that are rich in fibre are oats, almonds, cereals, beans, lentils and fruits.
- Ginger tea or mint tea: Ginger is a warming herb, which when had in form of tea can make the body generate more internal heat. This helps activate the digestion process and thereby relieves constipation. The menthol in peppermint has an antispasmodic effect that helps relax the digestive tract muscles and makes it easier for stool to pass through. Dandelion tea can also be used as a mild natural laxative.
- Castor oil: Castor oil is a popular natural laxative. This is because one of the components of this oil helps stimulate the small and large intestine. To benefit from castor oil, have 1 or 2 teaspoons of the oil on an empty stomach. You should be able to pass stool within about 8 hours.
- Drink plenty of water: Water not only hydrates the body, but also helps food move along the digestive system. Without adequate water, the stool is likely to be hard and difficult to pass. Ideally, you should drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. Do not count artificially sweetened beverages as part of this count as they can actually cause constipation instead of ease it.
- Warm lemon water: Lemon juice helps stimulate the digestive system and hence is ideal for treating constipation. When mixed with warm water, it can help eliminate toxins from the body. Adding a little honey to the mixture can also work as a mild laxative. Alternatively, you could add salt in place to honey as this encourages the bowel muscle contraction and is rich in magnesium. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
I am 64+, diabetic since last 15 years, inspite regular walking and exercise and controlled dieting my sugar levels are shooting up now it reads as 200mg/dl fasting and 315 after break fast. Now I am using glimmer 1. Please give me suggestions.
Iam a 18 year old boy. Iam suffering from cold. I also have headache which is very harsh. So can suggest me what to do. Please help me.
What are the symptoms of swine flu give me the brief description about the swine flu please answer fast as you can.
Though the world population seems to be increasing by leaps and bounds, there is a general concern about the dropping fertility rates in men. So, is the sperm quality of men today really at a risk?
To understand whether the sperm quality is on a decline or not, one must understand what sperm quality is and what affects it.
What defines Sperm Quality?
The ability of the sperm to accomplish fertility is known as sperm quality. Both quantity and quality of semen is important when it comes to measuring the male fertility rate. Any decrease in the sperm quality, irrespective of the quantity, can result in infertility. One can do a number of tests, such as semen analysis test, to find out their sperm quality, in turn getting an idea of how fertile they are.
Factors that cause a decline in sperm quality
There are a large number of factors that can easily affect the sperm quality in men. Some of the major determining factors are:
1. Age - Though there is no age limit for a man to father a child, but as men grow older, there is a significant drop in sperm quality as sperm motility decreases with age.
2. Heat - Sperms are highly heat sensitive, so at high or very low temperatures, the quality of sperms decline.
3. Diet - Having an unhealthy diet based on junk food does decrease sperm quality dramatically, primarily due to the unhealthy levels of chemicals added to the food.
4. Smoking - Smoking tobacco, as well as cannabis, reduces sperm quality.
5. Chemicals - Chemicals, whether taken intentionally or unintentionally, can cause a decline in sperm quality. Chemicals such as endocrine disruptors can cause severe hormonal changes that can change the sperm quality in any healthy male.
Apart from these major factors, an excess of physical and mental stress also influence sperm quality.
What is the Sperm Quality today like?
From the factors that affect sperm quality, one can get an idea of whether their sperm quality is good or bad. Your lifestyle can be responsible for your semen quality as well. The diet you have and the amount of exercise you get directly affects your sperm quality. The chemicals that you allow into your body also affect the semen quality. At the same time, research shows that even among healthy men, sperm quality is on a steady decline.
Is it about the everyday plastics?
Not always can you be in charge of your environment. Everyday plastic like phthalates, which are used to make daily use products such as shower curtains, car dashboards and cleaning materials, affects sperm quality. Even the chemicals in sun skin lotions can have a degenerative effect. So, the sperm quality in men is truly on a steady decline today due to chemicals in the environment as well as unhealthy lifestyle choices that most men make today. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I am 22 year old male. I have pain in my feet. Its happening from 2 months when I started running. I used pain killers and move sprays but I can't get rid of it. Please show me the right way. I shall be highly obliged to you. Thank you.
I am a 69 year old male and it has been just a few days since I have got a heart attack. Now I feel weakness in my body from last 4-5 days I was eating food and today suddenly I started vomiting and I didn't ate food also.
Hi, I took blood test due to pcod, in my result LH- luteinizing hormone is 9.99. Doctor said that this lh level is very high. But it is curable only. She given pills for that. My doubt is when it will cure or want to do any surgery for this. If lh is high means what will happen. I am expecting my pregnancy. Can you please tell normal level in lh. My lh level is 9.99.
My father is suffering from INCOMPLETE HERNIA doctor saying that my father needed surgery but my father not agreeing to get surgery if surgery not done then is any problems please get me out of this problem.
Last year in my village while playing a syringe needle pricked in my leg. Should I get tested for HIV? What are the chances of infection?
My penis is short how can I increase my penis and in future any problem happen because of penis size.
Dear sir/mam, I have passing stool hard from last some months. I have do everything like milk, dhai, Raisin, papaya, Guava, Looz syrup and try to take more fibre diet but stool continue hard. Kindly suggest me please.
Chlamydia is a Sexually Transmitted Disease. It is generally found in men and women under the age of 25. Researchers have found that in the United States about 2.9 million individuals develop this disease every year.
Here are things that you must know about the disease:
What is it all about?
It is caused due to bacterial infection and is transferred sexually. You can be infected with disease by having vaginal, oral or anal sex with the patient. You must be aware of the fact that you can develop chlamydia even if your partner doesn’t ejaculate inside your vaginal tract. If you had suffered from this disease in the past, you can still get it again by having unprotected sex with an infected person.
What are the symptoms of this disease?
There aren’t any obvious symptoms for this disease. Most of the patients show no sign of developing this disease. Thus, you never get to know when you were infected actually. However, some patients do reflect some symptoms after 4 to 5 days of infection. These symptoms include abnormal penis or vaginal discharge and painful, burning urination. Men can also develop a bleeding rectum.
How do you know for sure that you are infected?
Well, you can get yourself tested to confirm about the infection.
What happens if you don’t get treated?
If the patient doesn’t seek medical help, he or she is posing threat to his or her health. Women may develop pelvic inflammatory diseases, infertility or ectopic pregnancy. In men, it can cause pain and fever as the infection spreads along the tube carrying sperm.
Is there any treatment?
This disease is curable. But it is important to avoid sexual contact with anyone during the period of treatment or medication. First, you need to undertake the test to confirm the infection. You shouldn’t have sex for seven days after the treatment is over. It is advisable to get yourself tested thrice in a year. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.