Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Avinash KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old. I drink occasional and smoking. In this month I drink a beer and my mouth, throat, and tang gets dehydrated. In last week I have pain in my jaw. It was swollen and when I try to open my mouth it slightly pains in between my jaw joint. My sensitivity, the cavity has increased suddenly. On last Saturday I drunk one beer and on next day my throat get swollen from inside. It was paining. Does it symptoms on any type on cancer or its alcohol allergy or teeth and sensitivity problem.
I am suffering from mouth ulcer. It happens twice or thrice every month. Which is right medicine for this.
I have a problem of smell from my mouth & my teeth seem to become yellow type. What should I do sir.
Hi My boy kid age of 4 years got badly decayed molar tooth. Please suggest me its must to go for pulp therapy or any other alternate is there and pulp therapy is safe for kids as well will it affect permanent tooth growth? Thanks.
Recently I got oral thrush. Can I know the reason behind occuring of it? and the medicines that needed to be taken? thanks in advance.
I am 24 year old male having protruded teeth. As teeth were protruded, I was not able to close mouth normally, So I forced my lips to close which caused my lips portion to increase, I guess. So now I have fuller lips and I am planning to have braces. Is there will be any noticeable change in lips portion. Will it get smaller thinner?
The first checkup for your child should start as soon as he/she gets the first tooth. Remember it's parents responsibility to take care of their child's teeth to save them from necessary pain.Also don't not get your child's tooth extracted as it serves as a guide for the permanent teeth to come in proper position.
Hi I'm a boy or male if we go to sleep early in the night by 10 thn wat time or how vill brush our teeth in the night what is the right time to brush our teeth in the night what time should we go to brush our teeth in the night please tel me plz.
I need to implement braces, so please give me information for this if age does matter. And what will be changes and duration.
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.