Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Avinash Kaur Mehta
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Avinash Kaur MehtaYour feedback matters!
I am having vaginal itching since 2 weeks. Is there any infection or what. Some times its more than normal. Also I used razor at the bikini area for the first time, since then this problem persist. Please suggest.
I have a blood flowing with my urine and have pain in my left abdomen for past 3 months what is the cause, I am 23 years old.
I have pain in my lower abdomen often. During periods the pain is unbearable and the flow is heavy. This is since my delivery which was cesarean in the year 2006.
Chewing an elaichi (cardamom) or laung (clove) when you are craving always helps.
Also there are many nicotine replacement methods in the market (not only chewing gum). All these should be used under supervision of the doctor.
I am having pcod but in follicular study multiple follicles are there where it will problem for pregnancy right side 10 and left side 10 thickness 15 mm.
I'm 26 years old Married recently 7 months back. After marriage my periods were irregular like two months don't know why all these thing doctor said nothing to worry no problem. But pms symptoms for me from 3 weeks. Last july 14 th periods. Till no periods. But no periods and very light spotting dark brown color please tell me reason and which tests I have to do. One more question am using homeopathy is it any reason for not conceiving.
Today mrng me & my bf had dry humping we were on clothes me on underwear & he on pants & the same day I got blood in my mucous secretions from vagina can I be pregnant & why I got blood in mucous secretions pls do reply.
What is the perfect diet for women after normal delivery? Suggest me a healthy food to overcome after problems Normal delivery like blood loss or illnesses?
An often painful condition usually involving the bowel, ovaries or the tissue lining the pelvis, endometriosis is characterized by the abnormal growth of the endometrial tissue beyond the premises of your uterus or your pelvic region. The endometrium, in fact, functions perfectly normal with each menstrual cycle, but because of it being displaced, it cannot exit the body and consequently gets trapped.
Besides causing severe pain and distress, endometriosis can also adversely affect fertility. When the ovaries get involved, certain cysts known as endometriomas tend to develop which often result in the formation of scar tissues and adhesions.
Complications associated with it
- Infertility: Impaired fertility is the most common kind of complication arising from endometriosis, with approximately one-third to one-half women having problems with pregnancy. During endometriosis, the fallopian tube gets obstructed, thereby restricting the union of the egg and sperm.
How best to treat it?
Depending on how severe your symptoms are, endometriosis can be treated via the use of medications or through the advent of surgery.
- Pain medications: Certain medications, including pain relievers and anti-inflammatory drugs, are particularly useful in providing relief to painful menstrual cramps.
- Hormone therapy: Undergoing hormonal therapy can help ward off or reduce the pain of endometriosis, but it should be kept in mind that it is only a temporary fix and that symptoms might reoccur. Hormonal therapies include:
- Hormonal contraceptives
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) agonists and antagonists
- Conservative surgery: This can either be done through laparoscopy or, in more extensive cases, through traditional abdominal surgery.
- Assisted reproductive techniques: These include In-vitro fertilization (IVF), and are sometimes more preferable over conservative surgery.
- Hysterectomy: This is usually done in more severe cases of endometriosis whereby ovaries are also removed with uterus and cervix. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am female 23 years old. I got married 2 years back. I want to know about DIMPA pregnancy injection. What are its uses and side effects? Will there be any problem if I want to get pregnant later on? Please advise. I have been taking UNWANTED 21 for the last 2 years. It lead to blood loss in my body.
Hello doctors, I am trying to conceive. Goin thru the treatment of clomid and injectable as I am having PCOS and Thyroid. Having 2 failed cycles and now I am on 3rd cycle and ovulated naturally too. I am 10 dpo. I want to reduce my weight but nothing help me alot. I am 83kg and 5'3 tall. I am having two questions- 1) can I take 3-4 cups of green and ginger tea (mixed together) after ovulation has occurred? 2) can I use herbalife products like shakes for reducing weight? These products do help in loosing weight but I want to know if taking herbalife can cause some problems with conceiving?
I am pregnant now I am tried to be after 5-5 mint I have to go for pee even I can't sleep at night can you suggest for pee n insomnia.
Hello doctor,I am suffering from adenomyosis. Doctor has advised me for operation for the removal of uterus. So, I want to know that if I perform operation after 9 months then is there any problem? Or there are chances of any other problem. please help.
Hi all I am a mother of a month old boy and facing following problem while breast feeding. 1 My baby does not get satisfy completely after taking direct feed. I have to then pump the milk out and give it to him. After I bring him close to me he drinks little amount and then sleeps. After that when I make him sleep on his bed he wakes up and becomes cranky. So currently I am pumping out milk and feeding him 2. There is very less amount of milk that gets pumped out from left breast as compared to right one 3. Which food to intake to increase milk production 4. Does milk production reduces if I pump out the milk and feed instead of direct. Please help me out on this.
Registered Dietitians (RDs) are regulated health professionals who are uniquely trained and authorized by Indian Dietetic Association to advise on diet, food
and nutrition. RDs support the nutritional health of a population through health promotion, disease prevention,treatment, support and rehabilitation.
Functions of an RD:
Work individually with you to assess your nutrition needs (review your medical and diet history, blood tests, weight and weight trends, along with other physical measurements)
Design a personalized meal plan for you
Help you establish realistic goals, short term and long term
Equip you with techniques to stay on track with your nutrition plan
Provide ongoing encouragement and support in 15-30 minute sessions until your goals are met (three or more visits are recommended for best results)
Reasons to see a Registered dietitian
Blood pressure control
Womens' health (osteoporosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome)
Pregnancy (proper nutrition, management of gestational diabetes)
I am 27 year old I have problem of pcod and taking med krimson 35 from last one year and my periods are regular but whenever I tried to left the med my periods comes twice a months. What should I do? should I continue this med. Is any side effect of this medicine.?
4 Dietary Changes that can Increase Your Chances of Getting Pregnant
At times being able to conceive becomes a challenge due to certain biological reasons. Feeling positive and eating healthy naturally takes you a step nearer to getting pregnant. In case of no medical condition acting as an obstruction, consuming the right food can increase your chances of getting pregnant.
Here’s a list of supplements you can include in your diet to maximise your chances of getting pregnant.
1. Choose whole grains over refined carbohydrates: Reducing the intake of refined carbohydrates (found in milk, potatoes, corn to name a few) can reduce inflammation of the genitals, which will help increase fertility. You can still continue to have your favourite foods, but ensure they are low GI (glycaemic index- a figure used to represent the ability of carbohydrate to increase glucose in blood) carbohydrates.
You can consume whole grains, which help in reducing insulin levels that in turn reduce the risk of heart diseases and diabetes and also help lower cholesterol levels. Try having whole grain bread instead of white bread and porridge instead of sugary processed cereals to reduce your GI ingestion.
2. Harness the power of Proteins: Proteins are an important part of your diet and the type of proteins you require careful consideration as they help make new hormones. Try having 25gms of vegetable protein like seeds, legumes and nuts instead of animal protein.
Add dairy foods to your diet as they are also a rich source of protein. They provide vital minerals and nutrients like magnesium, calcium and vitamin B12 to the body and at the same time are low in calories. Include milk, yoghurt and cottage cheese to your meals so that you have a minimum of three servings of dairy products a day, which is essential to meet your nutritional needs and increase your chances of having a baby.
3. Welcome Good Fats: Processed foods, fatty meats and takeaways are high in saturated fats including trans fats. These lead to inflammation and an increase of oxygen free radicals in the body, which decrease fertility. So, incorporate good fats in your diet in controlled quantities. Try having avocado and tomato on a whole grain toast, for instance.
4. Make folate an integral part of your diet: Folate is an essential nutrient that helps in decreasing the incidence of birth defects in babies, while ensuring a healthy conception. Along with the prescribed supplements, try to increase its intake in its natural form. The best way to do this is by having green leafy vegetables, which are a rich source of folate. You can also have veggie sticks and vegetable soup along or green vegetable dishes to increase your folate intake.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!