Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Avinash Kaur Mehta
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Avinash Kaur MehtaYour feedback matters!
I'm married an year ago and trying to conceive since we got married. I have pcod so it was not successful and I took clomid100 5months ago but I didn't even get my periods. Now I started treatment in a fertility centre. I am asked to come on 2nd day of my next periods to start treatment. Will I get preg in the first month of trying with fertility medicines?
Hi, Kya phali bar sex krne se pregnant ho skte hai? Aur maine 2 hours mai hi unwanted 72 tablet le li thi. Kya aap btaenge ki ab main pregnant ho sakti hu kya?
Hi, My wife is pregnant she usually get cramps at midnight at calves while sleeping and rarely at day time. I need to rub it down and then it is settled down. Pls tell me the reason and how can it be cured. Thanks.
I had unprotected oral sex with a hooker, going down on her. I had protected vaginal sex. Its been 10 days now for this. I am worried about getting HIV or STD. I don't know what to do next. I am having mouth irritation but no other symptoms yet. Please tell me what should be my next steps. Should I go for PCR RNA test or should I wait for HIV antibody test. I am getting too anxious and worried.
I have my periods date on 24. On 18 feb, I just had cosy time with my boyfriend. Though he did not inserted inside me but he just ejaculated near my vagina. Earlier I use to have periods 4 days before my date. But not this time. I am frightened. Please help me out.
Recently I have taken a ultrasound (normal, as not getting periods from 2 months) ,all beta hcg n hpt are negative ,they told me to not to pee and withhold till you can manage, but I drink around 600 ml water, my bladder was almost full that if I drink furthermore I could vomit, want to go for urine but not that much i.e not in very hurry to pee, but yes I wanted to pee, does ultrasound be accurate.
My monthly period date had 26th april. Still now period is not start. 6th may I will go to shiridi. Can you help me? how to period start today or tomorrow. Give me ans.
A uterus has 2 layers the one with a thin layer is known as the endometrium and the thick outer layer is known as myometrium. Menstruation occurs after every 10-14 days post the ovulation. In a normal menstruation cycle, the wall of the endometrium thickens as part of the preparation process of pregnancy. In a normal scenario, the endometrium wall sheds if a woman does not conceive. While doing this the uterus might shed some blood. However, if the bleeding becomes erratic and in higher frequencies, the condition is termed as abnormal uterine bleeding.
Here is a list of reasons for abnormal uterine bleeding:
- Young girls: Any bleeding before the first menstrual cycle is termed as abnormal. The bleeding might happen due to trauma, the intervention of a foreign object, problems related the urinary tract, irritation of the uterus etc. Bleeding might also occur due to sex abuse. A qualified gynaecologist would be able to diagnose the exact cause for this condition.
- Adolescents: After the first menstrual cycle, there could be fluctuation in the subsequent menstrual cycle accompanied with excess bleeding from the uterus. This is a condition which is treatable and normalises once the ovulation and the hormonal cycle stabilises. However, if the bleeding persists in after 3-4 menstrual cycle, a doctor has to be consulted.
- Premenopausal women: There could be a variety of reasons for more than normal bleeding in women between menopause and adolescence. Some of the common reasons are hormonal changes and hormonal therapy for birth control. For women who fail to ovulate regularly can experience conditions such as endometrial polyps, uterine fibroids and uterine adenomyosis leading to excess bleeding from the uterus. Some other common factors of uterine bleeding include cervix infection, pregnancy, cervical cancer, disorders related to clotting, certain illnesses related to the kidney and liver.
- Hormonal birth control: Women taking help of hormonal birth control can experience breakthrough bleeding. This often occurs due to changes in the uterus lining. If the bleeding from the uterus persists for few months at stretch, a different birth control pill should be tried. Bleeding can also occur due to due to irregular consumption of birth control pills. If the situation does not improve, it is wise to consult a doctor to get the condition addressed.
- Menopausal transition: Towards the end of the menstrual cycle, the period timings become irregular. While the secretion of the oestrogen continues the progesterone flow declines. This phase is known as perimenopause. The sudden hormonal changes lead to an excess fluid secretion by the walls of the endometrium. The whole process can lead to an excess bleeding from the uterus. Even using birth control pills during this phase can lead to excess bleeding. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.