Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Avinash Goel
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Avinash GoelYour feedback matters!
Bed Sores are commonly seen in persons who are immobilised and stay in bed or wheel chair for a long time. They do not change their position often and this results in damage to the skin and the underlying tissues because of the constant pressure on skin for a long duration. Bed Sores are also known as pressure sores or Decubitus Ulcers. When a person lies on bed for a long time due to medical conditions like paralysis, spinal problems and several others, the skin is constantly pressed between the bones and the bed.
As a result, the blood supply to skin is hindered, resulting in skin damage. Persons who involuntarily pass urine or stool, while in bed, are at a high risk of developing bed sores due to constantly moist skin. Elderly people and diabetics too are more likely to develop Bed Sores, which are mostly formed on the skin over bony area. Bed Sores are commonly seen on heels, hips, sacrum, elbows, shoulder blades and spine.
Homeopathy is very effective when it comes to treating bed sores. These remedies have negligible side effects and hence can be given without worrying about how they might affect other medication prescribed to the patient. Homeopathic remedies not only provide relief from the pain caused by bed sores but also help cure blisters and soothe the pus in ulcers. Some common homeopathic remedies for bed sores are:
- Arnica: Arnica is the best homeopathic remedy for bed sores that have made the skin turn blue-black in appearance. This may also be accompanied by soreness, itchiness and a feeling as if the bed is too hard to lie down on. Arnica helps reduce the blue-black spots and also prevents the formation of pus.
- Apis Mellifica: Bed sores that are rose coloured and accompanied by a burning sensation and pain on the spot that worsens with touch can be treated with this homeopathic remedy. In such cases, the patient may also have a desire to uncover the affected limb or area to reduce the burning and pain.
- Carbo Veg: Bed sores formed in areas where the skin turns blue due to cold but where the skin simultaneously sweat excessively can be treated with carbo veg. This patient may also complain of itching that worsens with warmth and towards the evening. In some cases, these sores may also bleed.
- Arsenic Album: Ulcers that give off an offensive discharge can be treated with this homeopathic remedy. Such ulcers are often also quite painful and this pain worsens at night and with the cold. The person may also be weakened by the ulcers.
- Silica and Hepar Sulph: Bed sores that are filled with pus can be effectively treated with silicea. In cases where this pus turns bloody, hepar sulph may be prescribed. In such cases, the patient may also complain of extreme pain and sensitivity around the ulcers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
Sir how. To get rid of acne face. Dark circle. Pimples.plz help me. Actually I got a lot pimples past 2 yrs.
I have dandruff problem lots of white flakes from scalp falls down every time I touch my hairs recently one skin specialist prescribed me 8x shampoo it is useful but after 2 days or when I stop using this shampoo dandruff comes again so is there any permanent treatment for this?
Hello Doctor, I just want to ask can I take Amway nutrilite tablets for skin nails and hair actually my hair is long but getting thin day by day and my skin looks dull and dark circles appear under eyes so kindly suggest me is Amway nutrilite is good for me or not thank you.
I am a working women going on job, from last week facing dullness on face small small pimples on my face, as day ends my face gets dulls and got blackness on my face and got too much tired. I am not traveling in pollution working all time in ac kindly assist what to do. Regards
I am of 18 years old. I am having frequent hair fall and also I am having mensuration problem i, e. The mensuration cycle is not in a proper way but the reason behind it is I dnt knw nd I have taken advice of here general doctor and I have tested T1, T2, T3, T4, T5 but there no use of that and I m in need of best advice and suggesting best doctor so that I can contact her/him but preferably lady doctor.
I have fungal infection in my back from the hip to thighs. I have been very careless without caring for it and now the infection has spread wide. It is a white layer like thing which is to itched all the time. Please help me to get cured. I have dandruff too.
Surgical treatment for facial rejuvenation