Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Avilasha PhatakYour feedback matters!
Hi. I am trying to conceive for 2nd baby last 3 months. What food diet I have to follow to get conceive.
The year 2014 has seen a massive increase in the number of patients affected by Gonorrhoea. The most infected age group is between 15 and 24. This is mainly due to lack of knowledge in this age group about the disease. Here are some facts about Gonorrhoea that one must know.
Gonorrhoea Transmission: Gonorrhoea, also known as drip, is transmitted when a normal person comes in contact sexually with an infected person. Infected fluid of a mother can also pass to her newborn infant during delivery. The disease can affect both the genders.
Cause of Gonorrhoea: Neisseria gonorrhoeae bacteria cause the disease. The bacteria grow in mucus membranes and usually grow in the warm and moist areas of humans' reproductive tracts such as uterus and fallopian tube of women. These can also grow in anus, mouth as well as throat. As a matter of fact, the infection can be passed even via oral or anal sex.
Symptoms of Gonorrhoea: An infected person will develop symptoms of the disease in 2 to 14 days. Men may feel burning or painful sensation while urinating. Other symptoms are as follows:
- Swollen and painful testicles
- Swollen or redness at the tip of the penis
- Penis may have a drip or discharge
- Frequent urination
- Recurrent soreness of throat
Females have milder symptoms of the infection. This makes it difficult to diagnose, and is sometimes misinterpreted as common vaginal yeast or other bacterial infection.
Following are a few symptoms of the disease in women:
- Burning or painful urination
- Frequent urination
- Vaginal discharge
- Soreness in throat
- Lower abdominal pain
- Pain while sexual intercourse
If the disease is not treated, infection spreads in blood stream leading to rashes, fever and even pain in the joints. Such unnoticeable symptoms make it difficult to treat.
Testing Methods of Gonorrhoea: One method is that penile or vaginal discharge samples are taken from patients and examined under a microscope by adding reactive stain. However, this is not an accurate assessment.
Another test is conducted where exposing samples are incubated. In case of infection, colony of gonorrhoea shows growth. Preliminary test may take 24 hours. Final assessment may take around three days. Samples can be from the patient's anus, joint fluid, blood, throat, vagina or tip of the penis.
Treatment: The disease is treatable under proper medical supervision. However, the bacterial resistance to Azithromycin drug has made it more difficult for treatment.
Protection: It is highly recommended to have a protected intercourse. Women of age group less than 25 need to have STI evaluation once a year. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
It is built on the concept of maintaining the balance of various body elements including blood, nutrients and the energy force known as ‘chi’ which flows along lines called meridians in the body for optimum health. Putting pressure by finger placements at designated points from where these meridians can be accessed, is supposed to unblock the flow of energy to get rid of chronic pain and disease.
Acupressure for pain-relief
- Acupressure is used for a variety of ailments. One of its most common uses is to relieve pain, such as back pain, sciatica, menstrual cramps and headaches.
- It can also be used to help with nausea and vomiting, fatigue, stress, weight loss, and even addictions.
Acupressure helps relieve pain in different ways, like
- It is believed to cause deep relaxation and a decrease in muscle tension and is thus useful in relieving low back pain, post-operative pain, and headaches.
- L4 point, for example, is commonly used for stress, facial pain, headaches, toothaches, and neck pain.
- It is located on your hand between your thumb and the index finger.
- Liver 3 point (LV3) is also used for stress, lower back pain, high blood pressure, menstrual cramps, insomnia, and anxiety.
- This point is located in between your big toe and second toe, in the soft flesh.
- You can press these points yourself for about 4 seconds and then steadily reduce pressure to experience relief from pain.
How does acupressure work?
- Studies have been done and are still being done to understand how acupressure relieves pain.
- They suggest that acupressure releases endorphins and promotes anti-inflammatory effects, helping with pain due to arthritis like back and limb pain.
- Endorphins are the pleasure-inducing, painkilling chemicals that flood the brain and numb pain signals.
- A few theories also call acupressure something that’s all in the mind and no more than a placebo. But either way, it does provide relief to patients when done over long periods of time.
- Acupressure is also an effective way to treat depression during pregnancy, and to reduce the pain of menstrual cramps, according to a new research done at the Stanford University School of Medicine.
Similarly, a recent Korean study has found that acupressure treats menstrual cramps more effectively than pain killers. If you want to benefit from acupressure, you need to press the pain points over time as each time you manipulate the pressure points, you help balance your ‘chi’. Some people may see results immediately, and sometimes results are seen after some time. Pain can also return. You have to keep pressing the pressure points to keep the pain away forever. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
My son got married in nov. 2011. His wife miscarried after 3 months pregnancy in july 2012. Since they had to go to germany after a few months from then, his wife had some rest due to loss in nov. After being settled abroad, they were reluctant for some months. Say, since last one year, on our, the parents' pursuation and their (son & daughter-in-law) agreeing to go ahead for family way, they have not yet succeeded. They have got done all their check-ups in germany. As per doctors over there, the couple does not have any, any problem and it is a matter of chance only, for which there is no matter of worry as the couple (son and his wife) is of 32 years and 26 years of age, respectively. Physically they both are very healthy.. May they be blessed with a child with advice, efforts and blessings of we all and the almighty god. Doctor. Sir, we all are very worried. Please advise.
I am 42 years old. My periods start again after 10 days of regular period. But only 2 drops of spot not more bleedings. Pl.suggest.
Hello Doctor. Am pregnant with twins. My random blood sugar tested at three months of pregnancy was normal around 101. At 27 weeks I again got tested for sugar and results are bit high. FBS is 108, after one hour it is 174 and 2 hours its is 163. Please suggest what does this mean. I was not having diabetes before pregnancy as clearly shown by random blood sugar. What effect it can have on my babies and will it come back to normal after pregnancy?
Ovulaion date me egg fatilise ho to kis cromosome se egg fatilise hone ki chance Jada hota hain. X cromosome se ya Y cromosome se? Meri wife ki period 28 th March ko hua period lenth 4 days, period cycle 27 days So sir / mam. Ovulaion date kab hogi?
I am six months pregnant with my second child. I had a normal delivery of my first child. Recently my sugar level at pp was 145mg. I am worried. Is it serious? What diet should I follow? Can I take coconut water?
Newly married trying to conceive from 4 months . My penis is only 4 inch when erect can my wife get pregnant ?
A Pap Smear is a screening test done to to test for occurrence of uterine cancer. Carried out in a quick and simple way to extract a sample, the sample is collected from the cervix area of a woman during a pelvic exam. The examination of the sample takes place under a microscope thereafter to find abnormalities that can point towards cancer and pre cancer changes.
There are many reasons why women should get a pap smear screening done:
1. Women who are HIV positive should get this test done regularly so as to detect any anomalies in the cervix. This condition usually comes with higher risk of infections and cancer, which is why regular screening is required.
2. Age is also another factor and women over the age of 30 should go through an annual screening on a compulsory basis. This is also true for women who have been through pregnancy and child birth.
Preparing for a Pap Smear: To prepare for a pap smear test, you need to ensure that you are not menstruating at the time. Also, you may want to avoid sexual activity just before the test so as to get the most accurate readings. During the process, remember to stay calm and relax your body physically.
Procedure: The pap smear procedure is a quick one that might be only slightly uncomfortable. This test is usually carried out on the examination table at the gynecologist's clinic. The legs will need to be spread and placed in stirrups. The doctor will insert a speculum to hold open the vaginal opening so that the spatula can be inserted easily to take a sample from the area. This sample of the cells will be tested in a lab after due preservation.
Test Results: The test results can either be normal or abnormal. An abnormal result does not point at the presence of cancer. Rather it can simply mean that abnormal cells exist in the cervix. The doctor may ask you to go through these tests and screening more frequently so as to study the anomalies in a more detailed manner.
Im 44 yrs okd female n I got my periods after 2 months n now its getting with full of clots and im suffering with lot of pain snd Dr. suggested me (k stat ET) and I facing with its side effects plzzzz help me to get rid of dis problem.
I'm 21 old. I have pcod, my height is 157 cms and weight is 71 kgs I want to cone down to 60 kgs. How hard I try working out I can lose only 3 or 4 kgs not more than that! can I know what can be done to lose weight?
Mam I have unprotected sex with my partner on 2nd of octo. Health Query Fertile Period Mam I have unprotected sex with my partner on 2nd of october and taken unwanted 72 within 3 hrs and today is 8th of oct I do not have any withdrawal bleeding and I have backache. Me and my partner have done protected sex yesterday and day before yesterday as I always have my periods after doing sex but unfortunately its not working. And one more fact is that in past I have also done unprotected sex and taken unwanted 72 and after exactly 5 days I got my withdrawal bleeding but now its 7th day I have not get my periods. Please suggest me. Some solution, is it necessary to have withdrawal bleeding please help me I am very much tensed lastly I have taken unwanted 72 on 11th of august and I got my withdrawal bleeding on 16th of august then I have my periods on 16th of spt. Normally before this I have taken unwanted 72 on 2nd of july nd got my withdrawal bleeding on 7th of july nd then got. My periods on 7 th of august normally.
I am not pregnant and my last period was on 26th January. What tablets should I take for regular periods.
Main 26 years ki hu mujhe utreus me rasoli hai. Please mujhe medcine btaye ki main kon si medcine lu? Please advise.
Hello, everyone. I am Dr Indu Taneja, working as a Senior consultant at Fortis Escorts Hospital, Faridabad. My area of interest is high-risk obstetrics and laparoscopic surgery. Today I will speak about PCOD i.e, Polycystic Ovarian Diseases.
This is a disease which is affecting a maximum number of girls these days. In my OPD, there are 10-20 % of the girls are suffering from PCOD. The main symptoms of this disease are;
The most common cause of this disease is the change in lifestyle of the young generation. Nowadays, the young girls are just sitting, chatting on their phone, keep sitting in front of the computers, having a lot of junk food like old drinks and hardly go for any outdoor activity. All these leads to increase in the weight gain and hormonal distribution changes which are hormonal imbalance leading to the symptoms of irregular periods and hair growth.
This disease is treatable. This disease can be treated very easily by your own will power.
- You have to change your lifestyle. Changing lifestyle means doing any kind of exercise like yoga, gym, atleast 4-5 days in a week.
- Cut down your junk food.
- Do some kind of dieting. This will lead to the reduction in your weight. If the weight is less than definitely, the hormonal imbalance is going to be better.
- Of course, the medicines are required to treat this disease but medicines are not as important as a change in the lifestyle. The medicines can be required for a long time also. But if you continue losing weight then the medicines will be more effective.
If you want to consult me the treatment or for any other problem, you can connect with me via. Lybrate for the video call or audio consultation. Also, you can come to my clinic which is Fortis Escorts Hospital in Faridabad.