Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Avilasha Phatak
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Avilasha PhatakYour feedback matters!
Libido or sex drive means the desire to have sex; there are a number of reasons that can lead to low libido. There are a number of methods by which you can increase your libido, some of them are:
Exercise is one of your major weapons against low libido; make sure to exercise on a regular basis as it helps in improving circulation in the body. Do various exercises such as squats and push-ups to improve your strength and endurance. It is known to increase production of sex hormones and endorphins in the body.
2. Limit smoking
Smoking cigarettes causes complications in the body as it is known to be a vasoconstrictor. The blood vessels tend to narrow, thus leading to damage in the arteries and veins. The veins of the penis may be damaged leading to sexual problems.
You need to sleep adequately and sleep sound as sleeping deficiency has been linked with erectile dysfunction. Sleep also revitalizes your body and releases beneficial hormones in the body.
5. Restrict alcohol consumption
It is important that you restrict alcohol consumption as alcohol in excess may lead to obesity and other related disorders. It may also lead to mental health problems such as anxiety which can impair sexual drive.
6. Cut down on coffee
Coffee is a known vasoconstrictor as it tends to narrow your blood vessels. It limits blood flow, thus may reduce your sex drive. Make sure you limit coffee intake to 1 or 2 cups of coffee to avoid the complications.
Include plenty of vegetables and fruits in your diet to get the necessary nutrients in your diet. Vegetables such as cabbage and broccoli contain antioxidants that protect your body against free radical damage. Include oily fish such as salmon that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids because they help in improving sexual drive.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
At night time. I feel pain in my nipples in breast. This pain is awkward irritating. It's not like a wound. I need help.
I am 25 years old. I had unprotected sex the day before I got period. On 18 nov I got period and on 13 jan I got again got period i.e, yesterday. But the problem its not happening nicely. Also just before getting period this time I suffered from diarrhea. Is this pregnancy?
My wife (29) had ovarian cysts and she had laparoscopy done (27). But her cysts appeared again. We want to have a child but doctors are suggesting ivf. Is this the option we had or we can go for another option. please suggest.
I had oral sex with my boyfriend. In the very next day there was excess secretion of white fluid from my vagina with the different consistency then normal. My periods date is 20. And since last 2 days there comes only a drop of blood from vagina. Why?what is your diagnosis?
Hi I'm, 6th month pregnant. I have placenta previa. It's completely covered my cervix. I'm not doing anything. But I need to climb 3 steps regularly daily once or twice. Is this cause any problem to my baby.
I am 13 week pregnant. How much water should I take this time. Please help me with your valuable advice.
The 10 percent we easily see above the watermark are the hallmark symptoms of adhd: inattention, impulsivity, and hyperactivity. They’re important, of course, but they’re not the whole picture of adhd. What’s under the surface is just as (if not more) important when raising or teaching kids with adhd.
Unanticipated facets of adhd lie under the surface. These traits are too often mistaken for character flaws, personality defects, or moral or ethical deficits. They’re not any of those things. They’re part and parcel of the adhd brain.
Let’s look at each of these hidden layers of adhd.
1. Poor self-esteem and self-confidencestruggling with adhd can damage anyone’s self-esteem. For parents, that means your child needs more of your help building self-confidence. Craft lots of opportunities for successes, no matter how small. Create activities and environments where your child can shine, despite his developmental delays.
2. Developmental delays children with adhd develop 2-3 years more slowly than their peers. We see this impact in maturity, social skills, executive functioning, emotional dysregulation, and self-regulation. Keep this in mind as you create appropriate (and achievable) expectations for your child. This will help you craft ways for her to succeed.
3. Inflexibility stubborn streaks in our kids with adhd are not willful. Instead, inflexibility is a result of not having the skills to see more than one way or to manage emotions. When he is inflexible, your child is communicating a bigger, deeper struggle.
4. Emotional dysregulation children with adhd struggle to regulate their emotions in a way that’s appropriate for the situation and/or their age. They may have a different way of expressing emotion, poor self-regulation skills, or poor communication skills — whatever the root cause, emotional dysregulation impacts how they function at home, in the family, at school, and in social interactions with peers.
5. Skill deficits because adhd is a developmental disorder resulting from a physiological difference in the brain, skill deficits are common. The most common skill deficits for kids with adhd include time management, frustration tolerance, planning and organization, emotional regulation, problem solving, social skills, and flexible thinking. Some lagging skills can be taught and improved; others will be a lifelong struggle.
6. School incompatibility mass education is designed with an expectation of conformity. Students must sit still, be quiet, and remain attentive for long periods of time. The teacher will distribute an assignment and expect that all students will find it important, be motivated to complete it, and effectively self-start. Students are expected to be responsible and accountable for themselves and their academic experience. That’s expecting a lot since it considers none of the weaknesses and challenges common for students with adhd. It essentially makes them incompatible with western education. That is a crucial awareness for parents. You cannot expect your child with adhd to meet all those mainstream, neurotypical expectations at school; the design of the educational system destines struggle. Your definition of academic success can and should be different.
Treatment for adhd
1. Protein and complex carbs for breakfast
Artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives are troublesome for individuals with adhd. “across the board, [artificial additives] cause people to be more hyper and less attentive,” newmark says. Studies2 show that almost all children “are more hyper and less attentive when given certain artificial colors and flavors and certain preservatives. I think this is even more striking for some individuals with adhd.”
2. Omega-3 supplements for adhd brains
Besides being good for heart health, omega-3 fatty acids improve symptoms of adhd, including behavior, cognitive skills, and focus. A comprehensive look at many studies3 showed that adhd-optimized doses of omega-3s are moderately as effective as stimulants in relieving symptoms. Research also suggests that striking the right balance between omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids is important, and should be undertaken with a physician’s help.
3. Vitamin c for dopamine
Vitamin c is important in modulating the neurotransmitter dopamine at the synapses in the brain, hallowell says. (adhd stimulants are effective because they increase dopamine levels in the brain.) hallowell recommends getting vitamin c from food, but if you or your child doesn't eat healthily, try a daily supplement.
One caution: don't take vitamin c within an hour before or after taking adhd meds. Its ascorbic acid prevents the medication from being absorbed fully in the blood stream.
4. Protein for focus
If you or your child doesn’t eat high-protein foods, which are key to increasing attentiveness and focus, or is a picky eater, try a protein-powder drink. Look for brands that are low in sugar and free of artificial flavors and preservatives. Organic whey protein is one popular source of lactose-free, soy-free protein that is found unsweetened and free of artificial ingredients.