Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Avantika TuliYour feedback matters!
Whenever I eat crispy items like french fries or popcorn or potato chops my roof of the mouth and gums get chaffed and take 2-3 days to heal. Is it due to vitamin deficiency? Please advise.
Hello sir, I have a small lumps in inner tongue area and feel something stuck in my upper throat . Have browsed internet and worried about oral cancer I used to smoke rarely and usually maintain low oral hygiene , I don't hav any symptom of oral cancer as shown in net but it's been for two weeks now Started feeling this lumps when one day I had stomach upset.
Munching foods like apples, pears, carrots or celery after brushing can help in preventing discoloration
Hello sir. I have a serious problem. Since last 6 years I press my teeth on the table because my height of teeth. And last 6 months I'm getting full headache then I will stop pressing of my teeth. Now my mind is not working in some times and I forgot easily when my sir handover some works I forgot it. It is very problem to me what I do sir And which doctor can I consult.
Plaque is a film that forms over the teeth. This film is sticky in nature and it is also colorless. It is formed due the presence of bacteria and materials secreted by the bacteria. Plaque has the potential to damage the enamel of the tooth. If plaque is not treated within a reasonable amount of time, then it becomes hard in texture and causes even more damage.
Reasons that cause plaque:
1. Failure to brush every day: This is the chief reason behind the formation of plaque. Teeth must be brushed twice every day in order to keep them clean and healthy. If food particles remain stuck in the groves of the teeth, they can lead to many problems, like cavities and plaque. Each area of the teeth should be cleaned with a suitable toothbrush. The insides of the teeth should not be neglected.
2. Failure to floss every day: Flossing is unfortunately not so common in India. Brushing helps to keep the teeth clean overall but it does not reach some of the spaces between the teeth. Flossing is therefore required to make sure that the plaque on the gum line and other problematic areas are removed.
3. Excessive consumption of sweet and sugary food: Foods like cakes, muffins, sweetmeats, cold drinks, ice creams etc contain carbohydrates which the bacteria tend to feed on. In the process of creating the film of plaque, they turn the sugar into acid, which causes damage to the tooth. Such foods should, therefore, be avoided as they cause plaque.
4. Avoiding natural foods that improve teeth: There are many natural foods which keep teeth healthy. Failing to include such foods in one's diet could lead to the formation of plaque. Fruits and vegetables like guava or carrots can serve this purpose.
5. Failing to visit the dentist regularly: Since dentists are experts when it comes to taking care of death, everyone should make sure to get dental checkups regularly. Even if one flosses and brushes regularly, plaque may still form. A dentist should be consulted regularly to check if any such formation has occurred. Failure to this may cause the formation of even more plaque and more damage.
Related Tip: The Chemistry between Calcium and Teeth?
Last 2days I am suffering from severe toothache. I tried some medicines. Buy it didn't work out. Help me to get out of this pain.
I am losing my teeth whiteness and I used all type of toothbrush but not results. So give me suggest for making teeth strong and healthfully. I will waiting for your reply. So please help me.
Root canal treatment is an effective procedure which is used to treat a tooth whose pulp has been infected. The treatment helps to remove the elimination and further protects the tooth from future microbial attacks. Root canals are physical hollows in a tooth which naturally consists of nerves, blood vessels and other cellular beings.
Learning about Root Canal Treatment-
Before one decides to go for root canal treatment, it is important to realize that this method is useful for preserving a dead tooth, not to save one. So, why does one keep the old tooth which is beyond repair? One can pull out the dead tooth and fill the gap with an implant along with an artificial tooth. However, the main reason for doing this is because it is much simpler than an implant. Even though the old tooth is dead, one can immensely benefit from keeping it as its structure will help you to chew food and talk properly.
In root canal therapy, the doctor cuts off the infected nerve tissue inside the tooth so as to prevent it from infecting the rest of the tooth. But there are consequences of root canal therapy as well. A root canal procedure makes the tooth brittle and much more fracture prone. This is because the inside of the tooth has been removed leaving the outside shell dry and brittle. This is why a root canal therapy often involves a second procedure called crown. A root canaled tooth needs to be protected because the tissue inside of it has been removed. Here comes the crown. The crown is a strong outer covering which is even stronger than the enamel which preserves the structure of the tooth thus preventing fractures.
Failure to undergo permanent restoration placement by the dentist after root canal treatment within next few weeks may result in failure of the root canal treatment due to decay, infection, tooth fracture and/or loss of the tooth structure.
Factors Determining the Success of Root Canal Treatment-
A root canal therapy is an attempt at saving the remains of your tooth. However, sometimes the damage is too much or the enamel is too brittle to withstand the procedure. These factors may cause the loss of a tooth.
Many factors contribute to the success of root canal treatment and not all factors can be determined in advance. Some of the factors are:
- individual resistance to infection.
- the size, shape and location of the canals.
A case may be more difficult if the tooth has blocked, curved, or narrow canals. The treatment may not relieve the symptoms and treatment can sometimes fail for unexplained reasons. If treatment fails, other procedures (including re-treatment or surgery) may be necessary to retain the tooth, or it may have to be extracted. During and after treatment, the patient may experience some pain or discomfort, swelling, bleeding and loosening of dental restorations and may also need antibiotics to treat any associated infections.
Another factor in this method is the development of an abscess near the root of the tooth if some of the infection remains back or if the antibiotics are not effective enough. Root canal instruments sometimes separate (break) inside the canal which may or may not effect the prognosis. If the separated fragment cannot be retrieved, it may be sealed inside the root canal, or require additional treatment in the future.
Failure to undergo permanent restoration placement by the dentist after root canal treatment within next few weeks may fail if the root canal treatment, decay, infection, tooth fracture and/or loss of the tooth.
The alternative techniques to root canal therapy include either no treatment or tooth extraction. Tooth extraction may be followed by any prosthetic replacement procedure like dental implants or a removable denture. One can also fix a partial denture which is commonly called a bridge in medical terms.
Conducting no treatments is often accompanied by factors like occasional pains, infection and a possibility of deterioration in the dental infection such that the tooth will no longer be restorable. If a massive loss of tooth structure occurs, then extraction may be the only option.
Taking all factors into consideration, root canal therapy is a very effective method for removing dental infection and is the best possible method in the field.