Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Avantika
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. AvantikaYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old male and I am doing running for few day and there is a pain in my outer calf bone due to that. What should I do?
From two days onwards I was suffering from backache pain how to control those problem. please suggest me any remedies or natural cure process.
I have back pain since last two years the pain is came when I carry weight or luggage any weight age item. Please tell me how to cure my pain immediately.
I have shoulder pains and knees. I hav used some normal. Medicines but there is no. Relief from. That medicines. So. please tel me. Some medicines for my shoulder pain and knees.
I am having backache since a year now. Lumber region is affected the most. Pain mostly aggravates when sitting period is prolonged. It covers the whole lumber region and does not radiate. Relieves by itself.
Your hip plays a very crucial role in the proper functioning of your body. It bears the weight of the entire upper body and also supports your back to maintain balance. The hip joint is a ball and socket joint that connects the pelvic region to the thighs. Some sort of injury on the hip joint/bones or a disease can cause pain in the hips. Also, women are more likely to suffer pain in the hips than men.
Here are some common causative factors of hip pain in women:
1. Arthritis - One of the most common causes of hip pain in women is Arthritis. As women grow older, the risk of suffering from arthritis increases. The ball and socket joint of the hip gradually degenerates with age. This wear and tear of the joint causes swelling and stiffness which results in pain.
2. Obesity - Excessive body weight results in excessive pressure on the hip joint. Due to the development of excessive pressure on the joint, an obese/overweight woman may experience pain on the hip joint.
3. Osteoporosis - Mostly found in older women, osteoporosis is a condition in which the density of the bones reduces. As a result of which, the hip joint becomes weak and is unable to withstand the weight of the entire upper body and gives rise to extreme pain.
4. Bursitis - A sac-like structure cushioning the muscles and bones around the hip joints, filled with some sort of fluid is known as bursae. The inflammation of bursae is a condition called bursitis, which results in extreme pain in the hip joint.
5. Gynecological issues - Pregnancy leads to excessive pressure on the hip joint due to weight gain and growth of the lining of the uterus, resulting in pelvic tenderness. Both of these factors induce a feeling of pain in the hip joint in a pregnant woman. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.