Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Atul Sardana
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Atul SardanaYour feedback matters!
Best Homeopathy Treatments for Skin Problems
Who doesn’t want a healthy skin? But getting that healthy skin is far easier said than done! We all suffer from skin issues-some common, some not so much. Skin conditions depend on umpteen numbers of factors, such as hormone imbalance, blood impurity, stomach problems, etc.
There are some skin problems, which are just superficial while most others are related to internal problems. Skin issues affect the face, hands and other exposed parts of the body. Treating them superficially means just suppressing them, which may lead to similar or graver problems elsewhere or cause it to reappear with more intensity. So the best way to treat these skin problems is to treat them from their roots, internally.
Homeopathy is the system of medicine in which ailments are treated by minimal doses of natural substances. It attacks and cures the root cause of the ailment without causing side effects. To deal with skin disease, it not only studies the skin type but also takes into account a complete analysis of the mind, genetic factors and the condition of the immune system. Homeopathy just doesn’t treat the symptoms, but delves inside the body and takes on the root cause behind the symptoms.
Homeopathy has vast range of medicines for treating and curing skin problems and skin allergies. There are many medicines, other than the 10 mentioned above, that can treat a number of skin issues. Each homeopathy medicine treats a variety of diseases. So, the homeopath first prefers to understand the mind, habits, genetics, and other ailments of the patient and then prescribe the medicine to address the problems.
The only limitation of this branch of medicine is—time! Homeopathy takes its own sweet time to cure, as it cures from the very root. In today’s world, when everything is ‘instant’, this aspect maybe is taken as a drawback. But homeopathy medicines are the most effective and sure shot treatment option that not just heals but repairs the body from within.
The first drops of rain, the lush greenery, the landscapes all rain drenched - the monsoon makes it truly enchanting, bringing the best out of nature. While most of the people enjoy the monsoon, some people often end up being at the receiving end. The season can be quite punishing triggering a host of digestive and skin problems and infections. In this article, we will discuss some important tips to help keep your skin healthy and problem free during the monsoon.
Common dermatological problems synonymous with the monsoon:
The onset of monsoon may not be at all welcoming for the skin. With an increase in the humidity levels, fungal infections, intertrigo, ringworms, skin rashes, and irritation become inevitable. A study suggests that diabetic patients need to be extra careful as they stand a greater chance of suffering from skin infections and other related problems triggered by the monsoon. Mentioned below are some of the skin problems and infections that are often known to affect people during the monsoons:
- Eczema: It is a non-contagious dermatological condition characterized by skin inflammation, redness, and itchiness. The affected area of the skin also appears rough and cracked with the formation of blisters. Monsoon is known to act as a catalyst, aggravating the condition and the associated discomfort to a great extent. People with eczema or sensitive skin should be extra careful during the monsoon.
- Scabies: A contagious skin infection caused by the Sarcoptes scabiei (parasitic mites), scabies results in the appearance of a rash along with severe itching (which often worsens at night). The humidity and temperature fluctuations during the monsoons serve as a perfect environment for the mites to thrive. If left untreated, the condition will result in extreme discomfort.
- Athlete's foot: A contagious fungal infection that is known to affect the skin mostly around the feet, toenails (the fungus grows on the feet) causing itching and blisters formation. The affected skin and toenails appear rough, cracked, and at times, even discolored.
Effective measures to avoid the skin problems during the monsoon:
The following tips can go a long way to ward off the annoying the skin problems.
- Practice a good personal hygiene. Keep yourself and your clothes (especially under garments) clean.
- Keep yourself dry. Avoid staying in wet clothes for too long. Rain or no rain, keep a raincoat or an umbrella with you all the time.
- As some of the skin problems are contagious, one should avoid sharing their clothes and personal belongings with others.
- Your diet can also play a pivotal role in minimizing the incidences of skin infections. Avoid hot and spicy food. Instead, opt for more fruits (avoid mangoes, watermelon), vegetables, yogurt, almonds, garlic, brown rice, oats, to name a few.
- Keep your body well hydrated. Sip water (preferably purified or boiled) at regular intervals.
- The use of medicated soaps, antifungal and antibacterial creams and powder may be helpful.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have shin problem like. Small small holes on the chick. How to clear that damaged cell on the face sir or madam.
I started having pain and bleeding during bowel movement last year. After 3 months there was no problem except a pea sized lump in the anus which shrinks and enlarges at times. Since yesterday m feeling pain on anus opening and it started bleeding today when I checked why it feels sticky. Kindly help.
Hello. I have oily skin and pimple problem. Pimples also leave scar. Please tell me how to get rid if these pimples and scars, my skin epecially face has also got very tanned and dull please help me to get rid of this tanning and dullness.
I want to look fair as there is pigmentation on my forehead so please suggest mi some medicine or creams plz.
Nutrition facts (for one medium sized sweet potato)
- Calories - 130
- Fat - 0.39 g
- Protein - 2.15 g
- Net carbohydrates - 31.56 g
- Dietary fiber - 3.9 g
- Calcium - 28.6 mg
- Sodium - 16.9 mg
- Potassium - 265.2 mg
- Folate - 18.2 mcg
- Vitamin c - 29.51 mg
- Vitamin a - 26081.9 iu
- Thiamine - 0.05mg
- Riboflavin - 0.3mg
- Niacin - 1.4mg
- Folic acid - 8.4mcg
- Vitamin b6 1 mg
Sweet potato is a skin saviour. Apart from the many health benefits this age old vegetable stocks in itself, it also has following skin benefits-
1. For a glow: the intensity of the sweet potato's yellow or orange flesh color that is directly correlated to its beta-carotene content which helps our bodies to produce vitamin a. When eating such sweet potatoes, include a small helping of fat such as ghee to maximize the beta-carotene.
2. Sun protection: it contains a compound called lycopene which contains large amounts of vitamins that help the skin from ultra violet damage. Consuming sweet potatoes leads to healthier skin and glowing face.
3. Wrinkle free skin: the presence of high levels of vitamin c in sweet potatoes speeds not only repairs the skin it also produces collagen to maintain our skin's elasticity. It particularly helps the skin during stress and has anti ageing properties.
4. Moisture locking: sweet potatoes add to our requirement of vitamin d, which helps in locking moisture and keeps your skin soft and supple.
5. Iron dosage: sweet potatoes also contain iron which we need in adequate amounts for metabolizing protein, energy, blood cell production, which in turn makes the cheeks red and skin healthy looking.
A tattoo has a strong emotional association with the person having it. Commonly it is the loved ones name, idols, quotes or just anything that a person feels connected to. However, over time, it may happen that the tattoo may not hold the same relevance as it used to once upon a time. It could also lose the esthetic appeal it once held. Whatever the reason, the tattoo needs to go. While tattoos were considered something permanent, there are now ways to remove it.
While the earlier methods were crude including removing the tattooed skin and grafting new skin, sanding the area, or dermabrasion; but today with the use of laser, the process has become much simpler and convenient. Laser is now the most widely used method of removing the tattoo.
A thorough evaluation to see the extent of the tattoo, in terms of depth, size and colors, is done before planning its removal. The type, strength and sessions of lasers will depend on these factors.
During the removal, the tattooed area is focused with a handheld device that emits laser light of the desired frequency and strength. This removes the colored pigments of the tattoo without affecting the surrounding skin. Different wavelengths of light are used to remove different pigments, which get broken down. These pigments are then washed out from the body as wastes.
Depending on the size and colors used in the tattoo, more than one sitting may be required. For large ones, up to 6 to 8 months may be required for complete removal. A minimum of 4 weeks gap is required between two sittings, allowing sufficient time for the skin to heal.
Professional vs Amateur Tattoos-
Professional applied tattoos penetrate deeper into the skin at uniform levels which can make it easier to treat, but not always, as the ink is usually more dense. Amateur tattoos are often applied with an uneven hand which can make the removal challenging but overall they are easier to remove.
Risks and Side Effects:
There are a handful of symptoms you might see post-treatment. Among them are blisters, swelling, raising of the tattoo, pinpoint bleeding, redness, and/or temporary darkening. Not to worry, though. These are common and usually subside within one to two weeks. If they don't, talk to your doctor.
Not just the tattoo pigment but also some of the natural skin pigment is lost, so the skin can become lighter or darker than the surrounding skin.
In some cases, there could be some scarring. The scar will get better and can be treated after tattoo laser sessions.
So, if you thought a tattoo is forever, it is not so. Go ahead and plan for its removal, of course after understanding what it entails. If there is any tattoo on your body which you no longer like, meet your dermatologist for consultation and then laser to make that undesired ink fade!!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Blessed are the people who enjoy a flawless, radiant and healthy skin throughout their lives. Pollution, stress and unhealthy lifestyle have been affecting mankind like never before. Flawless skin is becoming a thing of the past. Skin problems like acne, pimples, freckles, fine lines and wrinkles, to name a few; are on a mercurial rise. The skin is losing its radiance at an alarming rate. Unhealthy and dull skin can affect a person's confidence greatly. Do not turn panicky and insomniac over it. A few healthy habits, if practiced daily, can work wonders and help in restoring the skin pH acidic 5.5 balance and skin radiance.
- The power drink to flawless skin: Skin problems are an amalgamation of many internal as well as external factors. The toxins that accumulate within our system act as a catalyst. If not flushed out, the toxins can deteriorate the skin tone and texture, resulting in acne and other skin problems. Thus, detoxification becomes very important. Drink a glass of warm lemon water every morning. It helps to greatly detoxify the body.
- The sweet route to skin problems: Cakes, pastries, ice creams, pizzas, beverages, can satisfy your taste buds, but they will do your skin no good. Excess intake of sweets and sugar greatly accelerates the ageing process. When it comes to acne problems, the Glycation (attachment of the digested sugar to the collagen protein) process is the main wrecker in chief.
- Go the healthy way: Unhealthy eating habits can damage your skin immensely. To look healthy, you need to eat healthy. Include lots of fruits and vegetables in your diet. Avocados, broccoli, berries are a rich source of antioxidants and should be taken regularly. Make a habit of eating at least one fruit daily. Citrus fruits are highly recommended. Salads are equally beneficial.
- One of the golden rules to enjoy a flawless skin is to keep your skin hydrated. The skin pH acidic 5.5 is very important for a healthy skin. Drink 6 - 8 glasses of water daily and feel the difference.
- If glowing skin is what you desire, sound sleep is what you need. A good 6-8 hours of sleep can do your skin a world of good.
- Stress and mental fatigue can have serious skin implications. Meditation and exercise are the best medicines to keep stress at bay. Exercise regularly and flawless skin will be sure be a reality.
- It is very important to keep your skin clean. Cleanse your face twice daily. It is a crime to sleep with your make up on.
Enjoying a healthy flawless skin is no Herculean task. We are always at your service. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!