Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Atul Sardana
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Atul SardanaYour feedback matters!
It is normal for a woman to have fine and light facial and body hair. The problem arises when the facial hair is thick and are present in excess (more like males), especially in the sideburns, chin, upper and lower lip area. It leaves them highly embarrassed, shattering their self-confidence like never before. While threading or waxing do help, but it is a temporary solution. Sooner or later the problem resurfaces leaving them helpless and distressed. In fact, many, if not all, females have to face bullying, harassment, and humiliation only because they have facial hair. At times, the situation goes to such an extent that the person starts avoiding functions and get-togethers. For such women, laser therapy comes as a blessing aiding in effective facial hair reduction and removal.
What triggers excessive facial hair in females?
Hormonal imbalance (especially, increased level of testosterone or androgen) is one of the prime factors that results in thick and unwanted facial hair in females. This hormonal imbalance and the resulting appearance of facial hair can be brought about by medical conditions such as
- PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome), characterized by the presence of cysts in one or both the ovaries
- Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (an inheritable autosomal recessive disorder which interferes with the ability of the adrenal glands to produce the sex hormones
- An ovarian tumor can play an instrumental role in the appearance of excessive facial hair in females
- Cushing's Syndrome
Laser Therapy for Facial Hair Reduction
The Laser Therapy can work wonders, reducing the facial hair with elan and without any hassle. In Laser therapy, a high-intensity light beam (laser) is focussed on the target area (in this case, the facial hair). The light is being absorbed by the pigment present in the hair follicles thereby destroying the targeted hair.
Steps involved in the laser-assisted facial hair reduction
Before carrying out the laser hair removal, the facial hair undergoes trimming (usually just a few mm above the surface of the facial skin).
- For proper penetration of the laser beam and also to keep the epidermal skin layer safeguarded, a cooling gel or a cooling device is used during the procedure. Preventive measures should also be implemented for the safety of the eye.
- The laser beam is then focussed on the target skin to be treated. It is also important to monitor the treated area closely to ward off any complications that may result from the treatment.
- Finally, the dermatologist uses ice packs, anti-inflammatory lotions (cold water can also be used) to cool the treated skin area.
- The time interval between two sessions depend upon the body part that is being treated.
- The effect of laser facial hair removal is more precise and long-lasting.
- It enhances your overall appearance doing your confidence a world of good.
- With experienced dermatologists, chances of major complications are almost negligible.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 24 years old I have black mark on my fore head and even chicks dnt knw hw I m a male frm last two years hw can b cured.
Mujhe face par shayd infection ho raha h.kbhi kbhi skin red ho jati h waha daane aa jaate h fir skin nikalti bhi h. Aur thodi itching bhi Hoti h.
Hello doctor, M a 24 years old girl m a student. My skin tone is going to be dark (whole body) since 1 year. Please suggest me something dental treatment.
Frequent Urination specially at night as I wake up every 2 hrs to empty my bladder.I was told I have an enlarge prostate . my recent PSA was 1.5 .I have taken supplements like:Complete Prostate support and Prostate Deffense These do not seem to help much.I await to hear from you at your convenience.With my kind regards.
Dermal or skin fillers are natural or synthetic substances that are used to make a particular area on the face look plump, in other words 'fill' the skin produce younger looking, firmer, plumper skin. Usually used as injections, they plump up the skin just enough to make the wrinkle or the fine lines disappear. While Botox is also used as an injection, its intended use and area of use is different from fillers. Botox is most often used in the outer corners of the eyes and around the forehead.
Fillers are used in other areas mentioned below:
- The laugh lines or the nasolabial folds, lines that run from the nose to the mouth. Fillers can help smooth out the creases and add volume to this area.
- It can make the cheeks look fuller and provide a youthful appearance. Especially in the lower cheek areas, the fat pads shift constantly giving a hollowed out appearance. Fillers can be used in this area to produce younger appearance with fuller cheeks
- The undereye area, where there are depressions or hollows can produce a sagging, elderly look. Fillers used here can improve the appearance markedly
- Even out scars resulting from chicken pox or chronic acne
- Even out irregularities due to shifting fat pads, especially in the temple area or the lower cheek areas.
- Adding volume to thin lips, which again can make one appear old and aged
- Smoothing out vertical lines around the lip edges, which again produce an elderly appearance
These are some uses of dermal fillers. As mentioned, they can be natural or synthetic substances.
Natural fillers usually has hyaluronic acid and is usually effective immediately, but last for about 6 months to a year. In some people, subsequent filler injections produce effective results and the interval between injections may continue to increase. If you are
Synthetic ones on the other hand contain collagen or other similar chemicals, but can produce more long-lasting results. They can be semi-permanent or permanent.
When to use fillers: A great skin care regime can help delay the onset of ageing changes and also reduce the severity. However, despite it, after a certain stage, there would definitely be changes arising out of muscle movement, fat loss, chronic sun damage, ageing skin, etc. When these begin to bother you, then dermal fillers are a good option to consider.
However, a detailed discussion with your dermatologist including aspects of both should ensue. From the doctor's end, check for his skills, experience, technique used, testimonials and expenses. Discuss your skin type, risk tolerance, and potential side effects before choosing a treatment option. Once you opt for dermal fillers, the routine skin care with well tested products needs to continue, including aggressive care against sun damage.