Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Atul Kumar SrivastavaYour feedback matters!
Hi, This is regarding my dad. He is a patient who was having maxillary cancer. His left jaw has been removed completely and operated multiple times. Now his mouth opening is very limited with no denture. Now currently he is cancer free but has tooth pain and his lower tooth has cavity in it. Due to the limited opening the Oncologist he visits said nothing can be done for the tooth. Would you know a way to help him with the pain and suggesting a solution?
Have a hard knot into the breast and wanted to know why it comes and what is the cure for that coz had come cross n heard it is d begning stage of cancer can you people tell me what it is actually n what way it can b cured.
Those who inherit damaged copy of bra 1 from parent have a greater chance of developing breast n ovarian cancer. As a faculty bra1can not repair damage DNA
Due to BPH and acute urinary retention, I have bladder stones. Been checking into having PAE done to reduce the size of my prostate, but the radiologist says that I must have the stones removed before the PAE. My new urologist told me that because my prostate is so large (no urologist has told me.
I have three fully impacted wisdom teeth. But they are not infected. From last 6 months I have jaw, throat, ear, tongue & tooth pains. Meanwhile I suffered from throat infection which was due to Enterobacter clocae. I have also reactive lymphnodes in neck. Can impacted wisdom teeth cause all such symptoms?
She have got lumps in her breast. They have become tight and its painful. I have consulted to a doc and he has given medicine. I want to know is there any oil for breast massage to relive pain and for reducing lump. Age 19.
I wanted to do an early detection of cancer for my family, especially my children. I do not have any options to go straight to a hospital and ask for tests for cancer especially the blood. Incidentally, My husband's sister died of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia, at the age of 19. Can there be tests similar or that can give some indications of the presence of cancerous stage or likelihood in the future, like bone marrow test. Why is bone marrow test not a part of early detection tests of cancer for children? Are there side effects, if affordability is not a concern. What other early detection tests are recommended for children.
Breast cancer, is a type of cancer, which is common to women, where cancer cells grow on the breasts or the female mammary gland. It starts out with the formation of a small lump in your breast and can spread out to your other organs very rapidly. It generally affects women above forty years of age. Breast cancer can be classified into two types. They can either start forming on the inner linings of your milk ducts ( known as Ductal carcinoma) or in the lobules which supply milk (known as Lobular carcinoma).
There are many causes responsible for breast cancer they are mentioned below:
- Obesity or post-menopausal obesity (Learn more about Heart Diseases Post Menopause)
- Exposure to frequent radiation (X-ray)
- Consumption of alcohol
- Being taller than average
- Start of periods at an early age
- Late menopause
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Consumption of birth control pills
The most common symptoms of breast cancer are as follows:
- Formation of a lump in your breast
- Swelling or shrinking of your breast
- Change of size, shape and color of your nipple
- Blood or milk discharge from the nipple
- Breast pain
- Itching sensation
- Appearance of rashes (Learn more about to maintain the skin health)
Breast cancer if not diagnosed and treated at an early stage may turn out to be fatal. Ayurveda offers promising cures for breast cancer.
A few of the Ayurvedic remedies are mentioned below:
- Include foods, which are well supplied with vitamin D in your diet. Researches show that women with less amount of vitamin D in their bodies are more likely to develop breast cancer. Consider including foods like eggs, orange juice, dairy products and fish like salmon in your diet.
- Drink more of green tea as it has anti cancer properties.
- Exercises like walking, yoga, meditation and certain breast exercises can help you to relax the pain sensation, reduce stress and also get cured.
- Incorporate bitter gourd in your diet. Researches show that bitter gourd can kill those cancer cells, which cause breast cancer.
- Ayurvedic herbs like Ashwagandha, tulsi, curcumin have certain properties that can destroy cancer cells.
Since, breast cancer has less survival rates, it is absolutely essential for you to visit an Ayurvedic practitioner if you wish to get cured through Ayurvedic treatment.