Lybrate.com has top trusted Urologists from across India. You will find Urologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Atul Kumar Agarwal
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Atul Kumar AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Hii I just wanted to know if a girls who's had multiple sexual relationship. . Unprotected and after been diagnosed with urine infections which led to sum minor kidney issue. Can the female be rest assure to have a normal relationship with her husband in future. As she was diagnosed and had no std or hiv result. But she scared to get married cx of all the past relationship. And mainly cx of urine infection . ?
I just did household, and I replaced my carpet. I have polycystic kidneys. My shoulder hurts extremely all the way to my neck. I have also been dealing with coughing for 7-8 months. every time I cough it hurts very bad. Upper left chest also hurts. My blood pressure is normal. It has been 2 hours since I have done anything. My pulse/minute is 93. Sys = 11.6 Dia = 89.
What you should know about urinary incontinence.
Urinary incontinence is the inability to hold urine in the bladder because of loss of control of the bladder. The severity may range from temporary to chronic, depending on the cause of this disease. Urinary incontinence is more common in women than men and can be categorized into three types.
Types and symptoms of urinary incontinence
Stress incontinence: this incontinence may occur while participating in any physical activity such as a sudden cough, laugh, sneezing or exercising. The stress here refers to the sudden physical pressure that a person experiences, leading him/her to urinate involuntarily.
Urge incontinence: a sudden, involuntary contraction of the muscular wall of the bladder causes an urgency to urinate. This urgency can be formed by a sudden change in position or sex.
Overflow incontinence: this is more common in men with prostate gland problems, damaged bladder or blocked urethra. The person has an urge to urinate frequently but in small amounts.
Causes of urinary incontinence
There are a number of causes of urinary incontinence ranging from aging to cancer and physical damage to the neurological disorder.
1. Aging: with age, the bladder muscle weakens and the chances of incontinence increases.
Damage: since the pelvic muscles support the bladder any damage to it (surgery or any procedure to remove the uterus) can lead to urinary incontinence.
2. Enlarged prostate: enlargement of the prostate gland in older men may give rise to this condition.
Cancer: urinary incontinence may be associated with untreated prostate cancer, which is a side effect of treatments for it.
3. Menopause: estrogen is a hormone that keeps the lining of bladder and urethra healthy. After menopause the production of estrogen is decreased, increasing the chances of urinary incontinence.
4. Prevention: urinary incontinence is not preventable but some steps can be taken to reduce the risk of it. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle, avoiding smoking, practicing pelvic floor exercises, avoiding caffeine and acidic foods and eating more fiber to prevent constipation can help decreasing the risk of it.
Related Tip: Common Symptoms of Urinary Tract Infections Every Woman Should Know
Hi, I have irritation in my anus. It's pricking and sensation like worms. I have these symptoms more than 4 months, but it's mild. What is the cause? How do I get it cured? Pls let me know. Thanks.
Hello lybrate, I want to know that what is the final cure of fissure. My husband has this problem. When he take painkiller and antibiotics he feel relief. But after some time he has same problem. Please suggest me.
I'm 39 I have echoreflective calculus measuring about 8*4 mm in right upper ureter 2 cm away from pelvis uretic junction.
Last year in may (2015) I developed an infection in the area above my vagina and also around my anus. The circle was powdery on scratching and itched a lot and it uses to bleed because of excessive itching. The infection was so contagious that my room mate got it too. I applied a cream and maintained a lot of hygiene. Now I'm sure the infection is gone but on my frnt. Below my navel up to to panty line there is a dark black circle and same around my anus too. The hips look worse. Because of dryness it still itches too much and bleeds when I do it. I'm getting scared because it's more than one year. I'm sure the infection didn't reach my vagina. It was just the area around it.
I am 21 years old female I have uti and I have used antibiotics for 3 days prescribed by doctor for 3 days symptoms gone they are coming backslightly do I need urine test and what will that reveal?
I have pain near buttock n anal. But it feels like there is a tumor over there. When I touch it pain. I can feel the difference between both buttocks. What it could be. What type of doctor I should be concerned.in my precious query I did not mention anything about any kind of tumor. please help.
The pair of kidneys that human beings have, forms an important part in the excretory system. They perform specific and important functions. They excrete urine as well as help in eliminating the toxins, which accumulate in the body. Kidney stones occur when the minerals present in the urine without being discharged, keep on accumulating. This gives rise to an extremely painful and uncomfortable situation. Though sometimes the situation gets revoked all by itself, many a times it requires medical intervention.
Some of the symptoms of kidney stones are:
However, there are several preventive measures which you can undertake in order to avert the situation. Some of them are:
- Drink lots of water: Kidney stone is one of those rare conditions that once occurred, always carry the latent threat of recurring again. Therefore, drinking water in large quantities becomes essential. The more you drink water, the more frequently you would urinate, thereby curbing the chances of the minerals settling in the kidneys.
- Avoid certain foods: Food like beets, spinach, those which are replete with calcium oxalate should be avoided in order to minimize chances of having kidney stones.
- Change your diet: If you are trying to avoid the eventuality of developing kidney stones, it is imperative that you change your diet a bit. It is recommended that you exclude animal protein as much as possible and assiduously avoid the intake of salt as much as possible.
- Take less calcium supplements: Calcium generally is considered a nemesis to your kidneys and is prescribed by doctors to be avoided. However recent research has thwarted this claim. Calcium does not pose a threat to kidneys. However calcium supplements definitely do and therefore, should be avoided.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!