Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Pooja Agarwal
Submit a review for Pooja AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Have pain while Urinating??
If left untreated, what are the complications?
If painful urination is left untreated, it can be life threatening depending on the cause. Complications include kidney failure, septicemia, shock and spread of cancer.
That’s why it is better to seek medical help if the symptoms last for 2 days, especially if your pain is associated with other symptoms like foul smelling urine, pus or blood in the urine, nausea, vomiting, fever, pain in lower back and frequent chills.
Treatment and Prevention
If the cause of painful urination is an infection, then it is treated with antibiotics, urinary analgesics and anti-fungal agents in the form of creams or tablets. There are several natural remedies for painful urination as well.
Here are some tips to avoid painful urination:
1) Drink lots of water every day to cleanse your system.
2) Urinate as soon as you feel the urge to urinate to reduce the risk of infection.
3) Avoid eating spicy and sugary foods. They can irritate the linings of your bladder, cause pelvic cramps and also burden your kidneys and bladder.
4) Avoid drinking alcohol and caffeinated beverages like tea, coffee. They tend to stimulate bladder irritation and cause dehydration.
5) Avoid eating tomatoes and citrus foods.
6) Follow proper hygiene daily.
After urinating, women should dry the area from front to back for preventing germ inoculation in the urinary tract. Change sanitary towels regularly during periods.
Avoid using products like soap, oils or talc around the genital area that can cause irritation.
Practice safe and hygienic sex. Urinate after having an intercourse to flush out bacteria from the urethra.
Avoid wearing tight clothes.
For more queries and herbal health tips u may consult me.
Wish u a good health.
When you decide to donate an organ that could make someone normal again, you are actually giving the gift of life, even after you are long gone. Organ donation is the preservation of organs after someone's death, and a cause supported by many people around the world.
Read on to find out everything there is to know about organ donation!
- What is Organ Donation?: Organ donation is the process of pledging your organs through recognised institutions, so that the same may be used after your demise. This pledge usually allows the transplant of healthy organs as well as tissue that can be used to benefit someone who has been going through life without the said organs or without properly functioning ones. While some donations like the kidney as well as some part of the lungs can be done while the donor is still living, most of these transplants happen after the person's death.
- Types of Donation: There are three ways in which one can donate organs. The first is brain stem method where the person's brain activity has stopped due to an injury. In such a case, the heart and other organs may still be working due to life support system like a ventilator. The next method is circulatory death where a cardiac arrest gives rise to the complete loss of function in one's heart and lungs, which can lead to a state where the person cannot be revived. The third kind is living donation like kidney transplant or a small section of one's liver or lungs.
- Importance of Organ Donation: The importance of organ donation cannot be stressed enough. This potentially lifesaving act can help in bringing back someone's sight or give them a heart that beats normally. With organ donation like kidney transplant, one will not need to go through dialysis again. Also, organ donation can save much time, money and effort in painful treatments and give the person a whole new lease of life. It is also important because it ensures that the vital organs are used by a needy person even after the death of the donor.
- Importance of Physical Health: The physical health of the person is important in such cases because the donation should not have negative implications for the wellbeing of the patient. Through a system of donor assessment, the donor is checked for infections and other ailments including HIV so that the same are not passed on to the patient.
- Organs that you can donate: Starting from the eyes to the kidney, lungs, heart, pancreas, intestines, bones, as well as bone marrow and even the skin and corneas, one can donate a number of organs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I want to know that. My last month mc date was 3rd August. And this month is my mc date is 28 August. .to isk according mera unsafe period ki date kya hogi? Kis date per conceive krne k chances he. Please tell me date. I want to conceive pregnancy..
If there is problem in ovary section and I go for a sonography then is there any chance that doctor will be known of I am virgin or not.
♧Do not wash your hair with too much hot water.
♧If you use any shampoo, use only an ORGANIC shampoo or conditioner.
♧ Do not comb the hair backwards. Use a good quality brush or comb. Avoid excessive brushing.
♧Massage the scalp vigorously for 10 to 15 minutes (until you start to feel hot there) after bathing it with water. This stimulates the blood circulation and strengthens the hair follicles in the scalp and prevent hair loss.
♧Coconut oil and castor are very good for hair.
♧Boil dry pieces of amla (Indian goose berry) in coconut oil and apply on hair for hair loss prevention.
Agar mc ki date extension medicine liya hai Aur suddenly 7 days medicine lene k bad stop karne k bad unprotected sex karne se conceive ho sakta hai ya 100 percent hota hai.
I am 5 week day 1 pregnant. Got UPT positive and beta hcg 512 on week 4 day 5.abdominal scan shows thickened endom atrium 10 mm and a 2.5 cm right ovarian follicular cyst. What tests and scan to be done next and when? Can I continue to go for work on a 2 wheeler for coming weeks. Around 12 km daily total.
Sir I have six months baby and also I am also pregnant 1.5 months. I don't want to this pregnancy write now .so please tell me abortion method.
If you thought that taking care of yourself and your body becomes a priority only when you are pregnant, then you cannot be more mistaken. Any good doctor will reveal that the state of your health and body before your pregnancy and conception will have a direct bearing on the quality of your pregnancy, delivery and post partum period. So let us find out more about pre pregnancy or pre conception care.
- Visiting a medical practitioner: When you decide to have a baby and before you start trying to conceive, it would be a good idea to visit your doctor or a medical practitioner who will help you in detecting any ailments or conditions that you may not be aware of. You must also carry out this visit in case you are already suffering from any long term ailments like diabetes, kidney disease, lupus, HIV, AIDS or even cardiovascular diseases. This can help in finding out how healthy your baby will be and whether or not you can go through the pregnancy in as normal a way as possible. Also, if you are over the age of 35 years, you will need to find out if all is well with tests for STDs as well as a Pap Smear Test.
- Family history: It would also be a good idea to be armed with knowledge of any genetic history of ailments and other conditions so as to find out the risk of conceiving a baby who will be born with the same kind of defects or conditions.
- Food intake: You will need to check your food intake before you conceive as this can have a large bearing on your pregnancy. Ensure that you have a balanced diet with proteins and carbohydrates as well as all the vitamins and minerals in plenty. This will help in ensuring that your weight and immunity system are both in stellar condition when you conceive, as both will go down to some extent once you conceive. So if they are already in a good condition, you will fortified in a good way.
- Supplements: One must try and get all the vitamins and minerals from natural substances like fruit and vegetables to a great extent. Yet, if you have had a history of ailments and infections, then you may want to get a prescription for vitamin supplements so that your body is in a better place to go through a normal pregnancy.
- Lifestyle changes: One will have to stay away from smoking and excessive alcohol abuse before getting pregnant. Also, you will need to ensure that you exercise regularly for good strength, stamina and pelvic strength.
Getting fit before you get pregnant should be a priority for a smooth sailing pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Piles or Hemorrhoids has become a common problem now a days. It may be due to our changed lifestyles like reduced physical activity, irregular food intake and consumption of fast food etc. These factors lead to disturbance in digestive system leading to constipation. Due to which the person has to put extra strain while passing stool leading to pulling of blood in veins and subsequent engorgement in the form of pile masses. Thus we see the Piles are nothing but engorged blood vessels in the anal canal.
Piles are commonly known as बवासीर in the society and is considered as social stigma. Due to lack of knowledge and social inhibition; people do not discuss this problem openly and are subsequently misguided by quacks like benagli treatment, madrasi treatment, Chandsi treatment etc. etc.
Anal region being a very sensitive part; the pt. usually avoids any type of surgical intervention in this area and they are looking for some alternative to surgery. We at Sushruta Anorectal Institute, are constantly trying to manage Piles in all its stages preferably without surgery or with minimal surgical intervention.
Depending upon the presentation the hemorrhoids (Piles) are grossly divided in two categories-
1. External Piles
As the name indicates; these are the pile masses which are present outside the anal orifice. They do not bleed but when large in size; may put some obstruction to the passage of stools. Some times patient complains of itching in these masses. When inflamed they become painful and swollen. They are removed by minimal surgical procedure with ligation of Ksharsutra at the root. This is an OPD procedure and patient can go home after 1 hour rest.
2. Internal Piles
There are three stages of Internal pile. In first stage; patient complains of painless bleeding. At this stage; doctor finds presence of internal pile masses on proctoscopy. In the second stage, the pile masses start protruding out while passing stool. Initially they get reduced by itself but in advanced stage; patients need to reduce these manually. In the third stage; the internal pile mass comes out not only at the time of passing stool but also while walking and sitting.
Treatment for Piles
The first stage internal piles are treated by Kshar Karma and oral medication. Second stage piles are treated successfully by combining Kshar Karma and sclerotherapy. If the pile masses are big enough then they are ligated by Ksharsutra. In the third stage also Ksharsutra ligation is done at the base of Pile mass which drops out in 5-7 days. This way the internal hemorrhoids can be successfully treated without surgery without hospitalization in all its stages.
Dos and Don'ts
The patient suffering from piles should:
- Increase consumption of fibrous food
- Increase intake of fluid/ butter milk
- Exercise regularly
- Always try to reduce the pile masses by applying pressure with fingers so that they remain inside the rectum
- Should not Spend more than 10 minutes for passing stool
- Should not Strain too much while passing stool
- Should not Consume fast food, spicy and oily food