Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Atul
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AtulYour feedback matters!
Mai 19 years ki hoon. Mujhe apne lips me problem hai. Actually mere lips se skin hamesa ukharte rhte hai aur lips hamesa phate rhte h.ye problem mujhe 5sal se hai. Maine bahut jagah is ka ilaj Karaya aur abhi bhi dawa chal rha h, pr koi fayda nhi. Mujhe is bimari ka reason aur suggestion dijiye. Please.
I have significant vit D3 deficiency. I have been advised by my orthopaedic to be in sun for at least 30 mins without any cream or sunscreen. However, I have a sensitive skin and prone to pigmentation on exposure to sundays and for this my dermatologist has asked me to avoid sun or if need be then apply sunscreen of SPF 50. What is the solution to address both the problems.
Get rid of black skin. I was much fairer 3 years ago but now I conceived dark skin and neck. What should I do?
I am Dr. Lipa Gupta and I am back here again to discuss about dermal fillers and solve your FAQs about it. Before we start what dermal fillers are it is important for us to understand what is natural itching? As all of us age this is because of our frequent blinking or because of a repeated lip movement we lose hyaluronic acid which is the natural substance of the skin. This leads to appearance of fine lines around the eyes, tear troughs, nasolabial folds and marionette lines. When these signs start appearing there is an appearance of lines of wrinkles and these days we have products which are very close to the natural occurring Hyaluronic acid in the skin, to replenish the lost volume and improve the fine lines and pores which are developing. Juvederm gives us a complete range of products which is specifically designed to target the individual needs of these areas. We have a whole range of Voluma, volbella, vollift and ultra HC which is specifically design to treat. A volume which is good for lifting and filling effect cheekbones and around the deeper and courser lines of the skin. A volbella which is specifically designed. It’s a soft product to take of the tear trough areas. A volt which is specifically designed to target lips so it gives a natural plumed lips without giving an unnatural appearance and an ultra HC which is again for a filling and lifting effect. The difference to these products is the quantity of Hyaluronic acid which is different in each of them and which is specifically designed to target that particular area. These products are injected using fine needles which have certain key points for each area which are already predetermined. The effect of the result is immediate which can be seen immediately after injecting for up to one to one and a half years easily. The procedure is safe but should be performed by an experienced dermatologist because there are certain complications may which occur if you are not doing it with a proper doctor who specifically train for the same. When these products are inserted using needles there is an immediate lifting and plumping effects which further enhances within a week’s time. Another common question which we commonly face is why Juvederm or any other product as against the cheaper dermal fillers. The quality of the product is dependent on the tissue integrity it achieves. This product when injected, it integrates in the tissue and forma part of the tissue. This integration factor is variable for different quality of products. When you are choosing a product which is superior, though it might be slightly costlier it is to give you natural result, these days we not only aim at lifting or filling lines, we also help in treating expressions. We commonly have patients who walk in telling that suddenly, ‘I have started looking angry or I look worried’.
So when we are treating expressions, we want product as close to natural as possible. This is an advantage of Juvederm over other products.
It is no longer possible to tell a person's age by simply looking at the face. With the advances in cosmetic surgery, today it is very easy to effectively hide your age. A facelift or rhytidectomy is a cosmetic surgical procedure to reduce wrinkles and improve the overall appearance of your face. A facelift is considered a relatively safe procedure.
However, like any other surgery, it is associated with few risks.
- Pain: While a facelift surgery itself is usually performed under anesthesia, recovering from it might be a little painful. Your skin may also feel numb for a few days. Taking the pain medications prescribed by your doctor can help relieve the pain. However, if the pain is severe or if it suddenly increases, you must consult your doctor immediately.
- Swelling: Don't worry if your face looks swollen after the surgery. This is simply your body's natural reaction to the surgery. You will notice this swelling reduce in a few days. Though most of the swelling will subside in the first few days after the surgery, it can take a few weeks before the swelling completely subsides.
- Bruising: Like swelling, bruising is a natural reaction to surgery. In most cases, people see pronounced bruising especially around the eyes in the first few days after the surgery. Most of this bruising will fade away in a few weeks, but it may be a few months before your skin is clear again.
- Scarring: As your face heals after a facelift surgery, scarring can be seen wherever the incisions were made. Most cosmetic surgeons will make these incisions along the hairline or the natural creases of the face. This ensures that the scars are not prominently visible. In most cases, scarring fades with time till it is barely noticeable.
- Bleeding and hematoma: A certain amount of bleeding is normal after a facelift surgery. However, excessive bleeding or uncontrolled bleeding can lead to the formation of hematomas. A hematoma can be defined as a blood clot that occurs under the skin and outside a blood vessel. This can leave the area swollen and a minor surgery may be required to flush out the clot.
- Loss of sensation: Sometimes, nerve endings may get damaged during a face lift surgery. This can result in temporary loss of sensation in the area and difficulty in controlling the facial muscles. There may also be numbness or a tingling sensation around the incisions.
Hello doctor can you please tell me please how to permanently remove acne scars from face. I don't touch my face alot if I'm having pimples on my face I never touch my face I just watched my face with cool water or warm water. But my main problem is if I'm not touching my face and pimples soo why I'm having acne scars on my face. I'm really not understanding what is the main problem in my face I'm not understanding. Please help me. And please tell me the best procedure for acne scars. .how should I remove them permanently..
Hello sir/mam i m just 21 year old am student. And my problem is actually I want to know that please suggest me any cream or med which help me in increase fairness and glowing face please help me out.
Almost every person salivates over desserts and sweets. One does not need a special occasion to get their sweet tooth going. While the lip smacking sugary delight might impress the taste buds, it is sure to affect the health in a big way. If you thought that sugar was only bad for your waistline and general health, then you need to know that it is equally harmful for your skin. In fact, it can lead to serious dermatological conditions.
Harmful effects of sugar on the skin
A lot of what we eat reflects on our body externally. A number of internal changes can influence the external appearance of the body. Excessive intake of carbohydrates, starch and sugar can have an adverse effect on the skin. It can also accelerate the ageing process. But what triggers these complications needs to be understood and discussed in detail.
Carbohydrates can be simple or complex. Simple carbohydrates (cake, bread; to name a few) break down and convert to glucose rapidly. Increased glucose level implies increased insulin level, and causes inflammation, which affects the whole body. The enzymes produced during inflammation breaks down important proteins, namely elastin and collagen, leading to wrinkles and saggy skin.
Acne problems mainly arise from Glycation (the process through which digested sugar attaches permanently to the collagen). Glycation plays a significant role in accelerating the ageing process.
Complex carbohydrates, on the other hand, is good for health. When ingested, complex carbohydrates break down at a much slower rate. As a result, there is no abnormal increase in the insulin level.
Corrective measures to check the harmful effects of sugar on the skin:
With a little care and preventive measures, the deleterious effects of sugar on the skin can be minimised.
- Supplement your diet with foods rich in antioxidants. Lean proteins, fibrous foods and diets rich in good fats are highly recommended. Include beans and nuts that have low glycemic value in your diet. Drink plenty of water.
- Food items containing high amount of saturated fats (cheese, ice creams, fried foods; to name a few), and with high glycemic value should be strictly avoided.
- Do not compromise with your sleep. A sound sleep and a stress-free life is the mantra to a glowing and youthful skin.
- Practice meditation and yoga diligently. The rewarding and positive outcomes will leave you in awe.
- Do not skip your meals or indulge in overeating. Have small servings at regular intervals.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!