Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Atul GargYour feedback matters!
I have my eyes pain and I get dreamy all the time my eyes get very weakness I feels sleepy what, can I do?
What are the symptoms of diabetes? Is there stages of diabetes? ?What are the stages? And how can diabetes be prevented? ?
Can viagra siladenfil cause permanent blindness I am taking since last 7 year around 4 to 5 tab per month 50 mg.
I, am 63 years old, my right eye become infected with herpes symplex virus in march 2014. It was treated with antiviral pills, gel and drops. I, still suffer with tearing, pain and sometimes slight redness in the eye. I use f. M. L. Eye drop for 1-2 days. I get relief for some days only. Please advice me what to do. Thanks
Good aftrn sir, my dad got affected with stroke. Now he is doing well but eyes functionality decreased can I know why?
My mom is bcums red sumtyms dat is one eye d side portion bcums red wats d reason behind dat sum says its cx of high BP.
How to become healthy from skinny. What should be the diet for this? And what to do if having weak eye sight.
Sir namaste, I have spectacles of minus 1.25D while studying in feel pain on side of forehead my forehead I visited a ophthalmologist 2 days ago he gave me a spectacles but there is no change in my condition please suggest me any medicine so I can get relief thank you.
Myopia is a common refractive error of the eye that makes it difficult to focus on far away objects. People who are nearsighted will see objects close to them clearly, while those further away appear blurry. Myopia is natural. An overall longer shape of the eye usually causes myopia, so it is a naturally occurring visual problem that cannot be prevented. Nearsightedness tends to run in families, but you don't need to have a myopic parent to develop it. Myopia begins at an early age and worsens in the teenage years, but generally stabilizes in adulthood.
Here are the most common signs and symptoms of myopia:
- Objects far away, like a chalkboard or road signs, appear blurry
- Persistent need to squint or close eyelids to see clearly
- Headaches due to eyestrain
- Difficulty seeing while driving a vehicle, especially at night (night myopia)
- Need to sit closer to the television, movie screen or the front of the classroom
- Holding books very close while reading
- Not able to notice distant objects
Causes of Myopia
Nearsightedness happens when your eye is longer than normal, or, less often, when your cornea is too curved. It’s a problem in the focusing mechanism of the eyes. However, the exact cause of myopia is not known. Research about myopia supports two key risk factors:
- Family history. If one or both parents are nearsighted, the chance of their children developing it increases.
- Working up close. Myopia may be helped along by how a person uses their eyes. Intense detail work, long hours in front of a computer or reading can also increase the chances of developing myopia.
Treatment Options for Myopia (Nearsightedness)
When treating myopia, the goal is to help your eyes focus on far away objects. The most common way to achieve this is through
- Corrective glasses
- Contact lenses
- Refractive eye surgery, such as LASIK, is available for adults and those with moderate to high levels of nearsightedness
Adults who have developed cataracts may also have their myopia corrected with an intraocular lens (IOL) that replaces the human lens during cataract surgery. The most appropriate treatment depends on your eyes and your lifestyle. Nearsightedness can also be corrected as part of the cataract surgery procedure.
- Contacts and Glasses: Eyeglasses and contact lenses can correct myopia. However, they cannot stop the eye from growing longer or cure the irregular curve of the cornea that causes your blurry vision.
- Surgery: Surgery can decrease or eliminate dependency on eyeglasses and contact lenses. LASIK surgery is the most common type of surgery to correct myopia.
- ICL (intraocular collamer lenses) or phakic lensesIn adults with cataracts, is an option for those myopic patients who are not suitable for lasik surgery due to either less corneal thickness or very high myopia.
- Orthokeratology: A new type of treatment which offers an alternate solutions to people who are suffering from myopia. This is also known as Ortho-K. As a part of this procedure a person has to wear specialized lens overnight, to correct the vision for the next day. Orthokeratology is a process that uses specially designed GP contact lenses to temporarily reshape the contour of the cornea to reduce myopia (nearsightedness). In addition to the benefit of lens-free daytime vision, orthokeratology is starting to be appreciated for its ability to slow the progression of myopia. A number of published clinical studies have found that orthokeratology lens designs inhibit the growth of the eye's axial length, which determines the degree of myopia.
I have problem of nightblindness what are the effects n symptoms of this please provide steps for curing.
I am using contact lens I have used the expired lens for a day. And I got irritation in my eye. Could you please tell me it will make any problem in my eyes?
My left eye has Chalazion since 5 days. I am prescribed amoxicillin and lyser forte today with zymer ointment. Can I proceed with this treatment.
I have eyesight problem from birth What should I do to improve my eyesight give me suggestion and tell me the name of eye drops or exercise for my eyes.
I have both eyes -2.25 number. And I do work on computer daily approximate 6 to 7 hours. Thus I felt that I eyes slight become low and increasing eye slight number continuously. What can I do for improve my eye slight?
Sir I feel not batter from last 5 6 day. And also I have headache and pain in eyes. Sir please suggest any medicine.
Here are causes, effects and treatments of glaucoma
Hello I am Dr S Bharti founder and chairman of Bharti Eye hospital. Today I will be taking about Glaucoma quick is the second most common cause of blinding in elderly. Glaucoma is a complex of pressure and optic nerve damage related to each other and sometimes the pressure is higher than normal while sometimes it is normal. In either case optic nerve is unable to sustain the pressure and this condition is called Glaucoma. Most of the damage caused is irreversible and that is why regular eye checkups are important after the age of 40.
Glaucoma could be hereditary, diabetes is another common cause of it. That is why we suggest that people having other 2 situations should get very regular eye checkups.Glaucoma is a treatable disease and can be treated with eye drops. Surgery is required in extreme cases. The treatment available today is very successful and in most cases we are able to maintain a high quality of vision.
My suggestion is anybody who has a possibility of developing Glaucoma should go for regular eye checkups.Thank you. You can get in touch with me at Lybrate.