Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Atul Ahuja
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Atul AhujaYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, I have quite a few range of symptoms all of which have been happening for the last 7-8 years. I will list my symptoms numerically: 1) tinnitus (left ear) and hyperacusis (both ears) most likely from noise exposure. 2) everytime I laugh or if a conversation gets loud, the sounds in both my ears is very distorted. The noise distortion also happens if I turn the water tap on and the water is flowing. 3) my ears keep on clicking when I swallow and I can also make both my ears click voluntarily. 4) when I yawn, and try and breathe out, I can breathe out from both my ears. I strongly suspect I am suffering from eustachian tube dysfunction as before all these clicking and stuff started I had a bad cold/sinus infection. 4) my nose have been blocked for the past 7-8 years. I have tried nasonex but no help. Please can anyone offer any help. Anxiously awaiting reply. Thank-you very much,
I am a 22 year male. I had a severe left ear pain. I went to an ent he said solid wax problem. After a week he cleaned the solid wax. Bt still now both the ears pain.
My wife is suffering from sneezing continuously. we showed her to many doctors but after there medicine intake she feels ok for some days but again she start sneezing once she complete the course. Also she feels itching in her eyes. Can you please suggest us what to do.
age 18 and am suffering from Sennosides from past many years. I often suffer from choked nose and running nose. I want to cure it but I do not want to use any kind of medicine because of their side effects. Please tell me what should I do. Thank you.
Hi, actually I am a 22 years old male facing the problem of sinus and I smoke once a day i am gaining weight too much day by day can you suggest me some exercise that can be done at home to reduce weight and i am worried about my private part because I think its size is not increasing don't know why is this happening I feel that its too small please do reply.
Causes, symptoms and Treatment of Paranasal Sinuses
Hello, I’m Dr. Harmeet Singh Pasricha. I’m a senior ENT consultant practicing in Gurgaon. I graduated from the prestigious Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, and I did my specialization from New Delhi. Since 2010 I’ve been practicing in Gurgaon. I have my own clinic, Dr. Pasricha’s ENT and Eye Care Centre, Old Jail Land Complex, Sohna Adda, Gurgaon. And I also practice at Columbia Asia Hospital Palam Vihar, Gurgaon. So today I will be talking about nose paranasal sinuses, and allergies associated with it, and the diseases associated with nasal sinuses, specially the nasal polyps. So nose is one of the sense organs of our body. It is responsible for the sense of smell for patients. And it also plays a major role in the facial appearance, aesthetics of the patient person’s face. So the sinuses are hollow spaces inside the bones of the face around the nose. See this is the normal anatomy of the sinuses.
Cheekbones are hollow, which has got sinuses, and other also bones in the forehead contain the sinuses. These sinuses are normal structures of the body, and they’re connected to the nose through small air passages. Because of allergies and inflammation, then these connections of the openings of the sinuses of the nose get blocked, then the patient gets problems like sinusitis. And other problems associated with this are kind of allergies nasal polyps, which are overgrowth of the mucosa of the lining of the sinuses.
These days these are medically treated as allergies if development of polyps is there. Then we have to go in for endoscopic sinus surgeries for removal of these sinuses. So with the development of the endoscope, there is no cut outside on the skin, everything is done through endoscope in the operation theatre, through the nose. And we can clear the polyps, and the sinus can be treated with this condition. And medical management also has to be done after the surgery, and most important is the endoscopic follow-up in the OPT, every 6 months after the sinus surgery, to prevent any recurrence of the disease, and to check for requirement of any surgeries later on.
So for anything detail regarding this you can contact me at my clinic at Columbia Asia Hospital Palam Vihar, or you can even contact me online through Lybrate. Thank you.
If you hear a constant ringing in your ears without any external stimulus, it is called tinnitus. The sound can also manifest as incessant roaring, hissing, buzzing or clicking. The sound can be loud or soft, low or high pitched. Tinnitus can occur in one ear, or both the ears.
Tinnitus is primarily of two types:
- Subjective tinnitus: This type of tinnitus is very common. In this type, only you are able to hear the ringing, or buzzing. The main cause of subjective tinnitus is ear problems, especially in the inner, middle and outer ear. Problems in the auditory nerves (hearing) or auditory pathways (the part in your brain that changes nerve signals into sound) can also cause subjective tinnitus.
- Objective tinnitus: In this type of tinnitus, the doctor can also hear the sound when he/she performs an examination. This type of tinnitus is rare. Muscles contractions, problems in the blood vessels or conditions in the middle ear bone can cause objective tinnitus.
Tinnitus is not a condition; it is more of a symptom of some other underlying medical condition. Tinnitus can be caused by any of the following complications-
- Hearing loss (This happens mostly among older people)
- Loud noises
- Sinus and ear infections
- Blood vessel or heart problems
- Meniere's disease (The inner ear is affected by unknown causes which lead to deafness)
- Brain tumours
- Hormonal changes(This happens mostly to women)
- Thyroid problem
- Certain medications (antibiotics, cancer medicines, diuretics, quinine medication, some types of antidepressants, aspirin)
The symptoms of tinnitus include
- You hear noises that no one else will be able to hear
- The sound can be depicted as chirping, whistling, screeching, clicking, static, hissing, buzzing, roaring, pulsing, musical or whooshing.
- The sounds can vary greatly in volume and it is most prominent at night or when your surroundings are quiet
- Loss of hearing commonly follows tinnitus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.