Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Atul AhujaYour feedback matters!
Though nosebleeds are usually not a cause for serious concern, it can sometimes be a scary experience and cause a lot of anxiety. The nose is home to a lot of blood vessels and being fragile they bleed easily. Nosebleeds, however, can be a cause of concern if they happen regularly. While a few factors can be taken care of easily, there are a few rare cases that are actually alarming.
- Injury or blow to the nose: Any injury or sudden blow may cause the nose to bleed. The severity of bleeding depends on the intensity and nature of blow/ injury.
- Sinusitis: Bleeding is seen in a moderate number of cases of sinusitis. Not every person with sinusitis experiences nose bleeds though.
- Hypertension/ high blood pressure: People, who have high blood pressure and one or more of other predisposing factors, might experience nosebleed in some cases. High blood pressure basically increases your chances of experiencing nosebleed.
- Liver infection: This condition can be one of the rare causes of nosebleed.
- Conditions hampering blood clot formation: There are certain medical conditions in which the blood clot formation does not take place effectively and thus the bleeding incidents can happen with minor causes as well.
- Blood thinning medication: People having blood thinning medicines are more prone to experiencing an episode of nose bleed for obvious reasons.
- Excessive scratching or sneezing: This might cause the nasal wall to rupture, causing minor bleeding.
- Excessive alcohol consumption: In people who consume alcohol in an excessive amount, nose bleeding might occur as an after effect.
- Blood cancer/ leukemia: In some cases of leukemia, the patient might experience nosebleed along with other complications.
While some causes can be self-cured at home, a few others need proper treatment from a medical practitioner.
Related Tip: Why Nose Bleeding Can Be Serious?
I am 68 years old. Suffering from tinnitus and sleep disorder. For sleep I am taking zapiz 1. Mg hs. But it is not solving my tinnitus plus I am afraid to be addict of clonazepam. What shall I do? Further, I would also request for a dependable related Doctor nearest to kharghar, navi Mumbai.
I suffer from cold. Like allergy in nose as if I am going little through a dusty place. Etc. Very fastly cold caught me. Can you suggest me some queries.
I have a funsi inside my nose and I have also some funsi in my body from 3-4 days. Please suggest me better treatment.
What shall I do to control sinus & cough I feel hard to breath if I work hard continuous more than 15-20 mins.
A nasal polyp is a growth within the nasal cavity, which may cause problems with your health. Smaller polyps don't tend to create any problem, but larger ones can cause breathing difficulty, sneezing problems, losing the sense of smell and a dampening of taste as well. Conventional medicine usually prescribes surgery, but homeopathy has effective cures to reduce the polyp and lessen the symptoms over time.
- Nasal polypsis is a disease affecting the adults. When children below 10 are affected, cystic fibrosis needs to be ruled out.
- Small polyps cause no symptoms at all.
- Larger ones can cause obstruction in the air passages of the nose causing stuffiness or blocked sensation.
- Partial or total loss of sense of smell.
- When they obstruct the discharge from the sinus openings, polyps lead to chronic sinusitis.
- Sneezing and watery nasal discharge due to associated allergies.
- Asthma and aspirin sensitivity may be present in patients with ethmoidal polyps.
- Unilateral nasal obstruction may be present in patients with an antrochoanal polyp.
- Headache, snoring and a permanent runny nose, facial pain, hyponasal voice and cough.
Treatment of Nasal Polyps with Homeopathy
Homeopathy is very effective in dealing with these little growths. Not only are the symptoms removed, the growths themselves vanish over a period of time. Homeopathy is uniquely placed as it takes into account not only the symptoms, but also the causes of the problem. Some causes are at times obvious. Others may not be obvious and are subtle. These may be the stress factors that the person had been undergoing before the problem surfaced. There may be some other things that need the experience of a seasoned homeopath to decipher.
Timely administered homeopathic medicines help avoid surgery and its inherent complications. Moreover, it is very common for the condition to recur even after surgery. Homeopathy is therefore highly recommended for people who have had surgery done to remove nasal polyps as the treatment would have a preventive effect, by which chance of recurrence is minimized.
In short, the treatment is targeted towards the root cause of the illness and hence the disease is treated from the core. Homeopathy believes in treating the patient and not just the disease.
There are 70 remedies which give great relief. However, the correct choice and the resulting relief is a matter of experience and right judgment on the part of the doctor. The treatment is decided after thorough case taking of the patient. Thus medicines are tailor-made unlike allopathy in which all patients receive the same drugs or surgery although trade name may be different.
For total cure, the treatment must be taken seriously for about 2 to 3 years depending upon the number and size of nasal polyps. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.