Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Atul AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I am 33 years male and have been suffering from minute multiple colonel ulcers from 2011. After 3 years with vegas od1.2 and mesacol 8 mg, my dozes has been stopped. But don't feel ok. My stomach sometimes upset with constipation and loss motion. When I talk to my doctor, he told me it's a infection and prescribed normaxim rt. My bad food habits. 3 packs alcohol and 4 cigarettes.
I have trouble of rectum prolex on account of I have horrible time to pass my stools in the morning. Every night at bed time I take one measure of Cremadiet dissolved in glass of water and one tablespoon of cremmafin even that I am not getting any relief. Can Doctor suggest any alternate medication?
CAn you pls tell me which is the best & simplest way to reduce dark spot pimples and to achieve clear skin?
Hi doctor, I would like to clear my black colour skin in my hand to turn into my face colour at least. My face is quite fair than my hand. When I born I was very fair but while growing up I lost my colour and turned quite dark. Please suggest me some remedies for the same.
I am 24 years old male. And I have gastric and bleeding problem in stool. Can you please help me with this.?
I have a black patch on my skin it was there from about a week and its disappearing really slow what should I do?
As my face and body skin has been burned through hot fully boiled water blasted out from pressure cooker while cooking daal in pressure cooker. So, I would like to know which treatment is better to take either allopathic or homeopathic to get skin as normal as before without any spot remains and why? Please answer immediately it's urgent. Kind Regards!
White patches, my mother took many medicines to cover-up this but nothing happened has been seen yet, the patches are spreading from last 4-5 years The areas that are affected - legs, hands, uppr lip area, please suggest any thing so that it would be fine, I couldn't want to see these patches to my mother's face.
I am a male of 63 years of age. My face got blackened than normal color. Stopped using Dye. Usage of Sunscreen gel not helped. How to get the normal face color.
Acne or acne vulgaris is a medical condition characterized by the appearance of an ugly and vulgar scourge on the face. Acne can cause scars, which are lifelong and can affect the self esteem and self-image of a person. Acne is more common in adolescents, but grown-up men too can suffer from acne. Acne in case of men is less severe, but still they are enough to spoil one's facial appearance.
Acne is caused because of several reasons, such as:
1. Overactive sebaceous glands: The trapped oil in the pores of the skin or follicles may result in blockage or blemishes. The sebaceous glands are responsible for creating oil, which helps in lubrication of the skin surface. Over secretion or overproduction of sebum from these glands may cause acne in men. Excess of oil stays in the pores, which blocks the sebaceous duct creating a follicle blockage. This causes acne.
2. Shedding of skin cells: The epidermis or topmost layer of the skin sheds dead skin cells and is replaced by new cells. When this process is hampered, extra skin cells are produced and the presence of lamellar granules in the skin gets lessened. This makes the skin prone to acne. More dead skin cells are produced, which are not shed properly and the cells remain stuck inside the follicles, which lead to acne.
3. Bacteria proliferation: A type of bacteria known as propionibacterium acne is found on the surface of the skin. When the propionibacterium acne grows out of control, acne are caused. Due to blockage caused by dead cells and excess oil, an anaerobic environment gets created and oxygen cannot pass through the pores.
- Treatment of acne is done by keeping the pores open. This is done by using various skin cleansers for exfoliation of the skin and removing dead skin cells.
- Some medicines which are available over-the-counter stores can be used to treat acne. The peroxide and glycolic acid present in the medicines prevent the formation of blockages.
- Chemical Peels work by removing dead skin cells and encouraging new ones to grow, leading to a fresher, more glowing you. A chemical formula is applied to the skin that removes the top layer of skin and reveals the softer, smoother skin beneath.
- The procedure is used all over the world to treat skin problems such as wrinkles and lines, acne scars, hyper-pigmentation, and sun damage - the results can be life-transforming.
- Several gels, lotions, pads and creams may help in exfoliation and cleansing of the skin. These products contain benzoyl peroxide, which helps in destroying bacteria responsible for triggering infection. They also contain Salicylic acid, which helps in unclogging of blockages.
- Several antibiotics can be consumed or rubbed on the surface of the skin for controlling bacterial growth. Certain vitamin A derivatives called retinoids also help in unclogging of the follicles. Some anti-inflammatory medicines can also treat acne.
Acne is a condition which is not just confined to teens and may occur in grown ups and adult males. Acne is irritating and must be eliminated using the various methods advised by your physician. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.