Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Asmita Muthal Rathore
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Asmita Muthal RathoreYour feedback matters!
Hi Year ago I have had an abortion of one month pregnancy. Does this effect the size of vagina. I felt size of vagina large after abortion. I am living in a relationship and my partner is not happy with me. Could you suggest me that how to decrease the size of vagina?
My girlfriend used unwanted 72 two weeks ago. Today, she tested pregnancy with prega news pregnancy test kit. It shows positive. Why? And what should I do now?
Hi my wife is pregnant about 6 to 7 weeks and it is observed that few drops of brown and white discharge is observed. Is it normal doctor has suggested for a scan next week. Is it normal.
My wife wants to have sex without condom on. Since we don't want any baby for a year what are our options for temporary birth control?
I am having warm feeling which comes and goes and lasts for seconds on left leg mostly and sometimes on hands also. Please advise.
I had a unprotected sex and after 1 hours I take unwanted 72 does So Please suggest Is there a chance of pregnancy.
I have done my test by the pregnancy test kit and it came positive. But want to go for an abortion now and got to know about the medicine i. E combipack of mifepristone and misoprostol. So, I would like to know is it safe for taking the pill? will it affect in any future pregnancy? also would like to know about the dosage of this medicine. Thank you.
Does boobs swell due to pressing it? Many say hand pressing enlarge it. Please tell me if it affects and remedies for it if any. Thanking you. Age 25.
Painful or difficult intercourse is either caused by psychological or medical factors, such as dyspareunia. It is commonly known as painful intercourse due to various reasons and persistant pain in the pelvis region is a sign of it.
What an cause dyspareunia?
The causes of dyspareunia can vary, depending on when the pain occurs; during deep thrusting or penetration. Sometimes, emotional factors contribute to the cause as well.
1. Entry pain
Pain during penetration may be caused by the following factors:
- Insufficient lubrication: Inadequate foreplay can result in insufficient lubrication. Breast-feeding, menopause or childbirth can also cause inadequate lubrication.
- Irritation, trauma or injury: This includes irritation or injury from pelvic surgery, an accident, female circumcision or episiotomy (incision made at the time of childbirth to expand the birth canal).
- Skin disorder, infection or inflammation: Infections in the urinary tract or genital organs can result in painful intercourse. Skin problems such as eczema can also add to dyspareunia.
- Vaginismus: Uncontrollable vaginal wall muscle spasms can make penetration extremely painful.
- Congenital abnormality: Problems during birth, such as lack of a fully-developed vagina or underdevelopment of the hymen are some underlying causes.
2. Deep pain
Deep thrusting can be attributed to the following causes:
- Certain conditions and illnesses: These include ovarian cysts, haemorrhoids, irritable bowel syndrome, cystitis, uterine fibroids (benign growths in the uterus), retroverted uterus (uterus that is tilted), uterine prolapse (a condition characterized by the uterus sagging from its usual position), pelvic inflammatory disease and endometriosis (uterus lining tissues growing outside one’s uterus).
- Medical treatment or surgeries: Medical treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation or surgeries like hysterectomy (a surgical technique to remove either a part or whole of the womb) can result in dyspareunia.
3. Emotional factors
- Psychological problems: Depression, anxiety, body image issues, relationship problems or intimacy fears can affect arousal and result in pain.
- Stress: Pelvic floor muscles are affected by stress. This contributes to pain during sex.
- Past sexual abuse: Dyspareunia commonly develops in women who have been abused in the past.
The symptoms of painful intercourse include:
1. Pain only during entry (Sexual penetration)
2. Any penetrative activity is painful; even inserting a tampon becomes painful
3. Sudden sensation of pain, especially if sex before was painless
4. Deep pain while thrusting
5. Aching or burning pain
6. Throbbing pain, persisting hours after sex