Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Neck Pain
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Slip Disc
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Frozen Shoulder
Treatment of Buttock Pain
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
Treatment of Shoulder Injuries
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Submit a review for Dr. AsmaYour feedback matters!
I do gyming but now my elbow and forearms are paining when I try to lift heavy dumbbell what should I do?
I have scars on my leg (below knees) & hands I did laser treatment still not satisfied scars are visible. What should I do now?
Hi doctors, My mother age 55 is a heart and diabetes patient since 14 yrs. She is cont on medicines. For better heart and she also having continuous pain in her legs. I just want to know can I give her L arginine tab. For heart and legs pain. Please suggest. Thank u.
Im 20 years old. I had 2 times sex with my gf without protection. We both had 1st time. Later that I had sometimes muscle and joint aches. Itching near reproductive organ. I feared that I hiv. Please give suggestion.
Chronic back pain may occur due to a variety of reasons. Sometimes, it may be due to conditions like osteoporosis or arthritis and at other times, it may be due to an injury or a slip disc caused by such an injury. Injuries to the spinal cord can also trigger chronic back pain. There are numerous ways of dealing with chronic back pain, which may be debilitating, if not treated properly.
10 ways of managing this pain.
- Medication: One of the ways of managing chronic back pain is with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs as well as pain killers like ibuprofen. However, do keep in mind that these medicines must be consumed only if they are prescribed by the doctor. Anticonvulsants and anti-depressants can also help in preventing pain that emanates from the nerves of the region.
- Surgery: Surgery can be done by the doctors in case the pain is extreme and severe. This kind of surgery usually aims at implanting devices and tools that can support the slipped disc, which may cause pinched nerves.
- Electrotherapy: This kind of therapy can help in reducing pain by releasing low-voltage electric stimulation that helps in dealing with the sensory nervous system.
- Exercises: Muscle strengthening exercises will help in a better balance. Also, other physiotherapy exercises can help in reducing back pain significantly by targeting the points that create pain and by pinching of the nerves.
- Relaxation techniques: There are a number of relaxation techniques that one can turn to so as to reduce the pain. This pain can also be managed with the help of meditation and breathing exercises, which can serve as an alternative means of treatment.
- Rest: With proper rest, one can do away with chronic pain. Yet, if it is a nerve-based issue, then the doctor may ask you not too lie down for long stretches and to walk regularly so that inflammation and pain does not set in.
- Heat: Heat therapy or heat compresses as well as hot water bags can be used for pain relief.
- Prolotherapy: In this method, an irritant solution is injected into the back so as to stimulate better blood circulation. This process also aids in faster ligament repair.
- Opioid fusion pump installation: These pumps are surgically implanted so that opioid agents are delivered straight to the spinal cord, which can treat and manage chronic back pain.
- Injections: These are usually considered as blocks that deliver steroids to the ligaments and joints. Also, one may have to take corticosteroid injections in order to deal with a very painful case. These epidural injections are usually best for temporary relief. One will need more long term treatment or management methods in order to effectively deal with and reduce pain.
M having back lower pain left side. Also last year heart problem came n having blood thinner, bp controller, cholesterol lowering medicine. Pls advise future care.
I am suffering from skin allergies. On face with itching and on ties back side area .on applying of ointments its going and again coming after few days .heavily when I took non veg .
I lost since of my left hand on a accident, its operated about 8 months before, and I'm doing physiotherapy regularly but its happening nothing my hand is still in same condition as before operation. What should I do for now?
I am 32 yrs old male & I frequently have both leg pains & left shoulder pain. I cannot take my left hand backwards completely as I feel that the shoulder joint is getting shifted & pains a lot suddenly.
I am unable to sleep for the last 3 days because of back pain, I have made a home remedy but it do not worked as well, I am willing to hear your answer, how to fix my back pain.
Greetings, amRaja of age 25. Came up with a humerus shaft fracture (transverse) before 6 weeks, bone seems to be in alignment and shows signs of healing .how long should I be in the cast and how to identify that it's about time to remove my cast and start with pt. Can see a fluffy cloud pattern around the fracture but inside the unity isn't 100 percent yet. Once healing Is complete, can I resume lifting weights slowly by increasing the weight?
Herniated disc, bulged disc, protruded intervertebral disc (PIVD) are the different names of one condition. This is a condition where- disc in between the two vertebral bodies starts peeping out on one side- anterior or posterior. These discs are just like the bags filled with liquid material, which work like shock-absorbent. There are several hard bony vertebrae in the vertebral column and there is plenty of movements with these vertebrae. When we look on one side to other side, we look upwards, downwards or we twist and even we bend forward or backward in each and every condition, there will be a movement in these bones, these discs decide the free movements of the spine. Along with this- when we walk or run there will be shocks and jerks to all these bones and these bags decide that there wont be any kind of jerks in between the bones. So, these discs are of multiple uses.
Our spine is inverted “S” shaped. There are two main curvatures in the spine which are free to move- Cervical and Lumbar curvatures. These curvatures of the spine are maintained due to the spaces in between the two vertebrae. Whenever there is a loss or change (specially reduction) of this space between two vertebrae- pressure will be exerted on the intervertebral discs. This uneven pressure on the disc causes- protrusion/bulge/herniation of the disc- this is the condition known as SLIPPED DISC, in layman language. Why does disc slip
Generally, slipped disc condition is diagnosed by its signs and symptoms. When slipped disc starts exerting pressure on the nerves surround the disc- the nerve will be excited which gives sensation of- Pain, Burning or Numbness in the related area of the nerve. This sensation can travel long far away to the areas, which are being supplied by the nerve and can be limited to a particular location in neck or back even. Sign & Symptoms of Slipped Disc.
Ayurveda about Slipped Disc
Where modern medical (Surgical) sciences believes that this is a problem of just bones and joints of the vertebral disc besides this Ayurveda takes a “Wholistic” (Complete and wholesome) approach towards this and tells that this is a problem at three levels-
- Mamsa Dhatu, Asthi Dhatu, Majja Dhatu!!
- These are different tissue levels according to Ayurveda- Mamsa is muscles, Asthi represents bones and the Majja denotes everything which is in between and in the bones.
- Mamsa (the muscles) starts stiffening due to the dryness – improper diet and imbalanced lifestyle and deteriorate the curvature of the spine- which leads to the deterioration of the intervertebral discs.
- Asthi (the bony tissue) is affected due to the muscles.
- Majja (the disc and the neural tissue- spine) is compressed due to the pressure and all effects.
So, we need to treat the condition, wisely and in a wholesome manner, rather just to removal of the protruded tissues (Laminotomy) and this is the basic reason- there are risks associated to the surgery of the spine and in almost more than 45% cases patients had to go for a second surgery to stay pain free. Why Surgery for spine doesn’t succeed. Secondly, this is a mechanical problem so medicines alone can give you temporary relief rather than the cure- So better you save your money and invest it on complete cure for the problem, rather than just taking the pain killers and medicines which were indicated in epilepsy to just reduce the signs and symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.