Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Asif Iqbal Ahmed
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Asif Iqbal AhmedYour feedback matters!
I am a 19 yr old female and I am addicted to alcohol. Whenever I don't drink I feel like I cannot breathe properly. What should I do?
I'm male in my 30s n Been on 30mg for last 4 years and it's been fab as my anxiety and depression went completely apart from usual day today feelings - had xmas from hell with bereavements and other family members having cancer plus I've got child number 2 due anytime now - my doctor said to up my.
The patient complains of pain in whole body from many days, remains in seclusion and lost appetite. Sometimes gets too angry and have no zeal to carry out day to day house work.
Hi I am 47 years national sales manager and in nature very coward, always depressed and having fear factor about. Job loosing, although I am always top performers, and senior management likes me, but I am fearing from my juniors also please advice me.
I was recently diagnosed for schizophrenia. Whether he has to take medicines throughout his life. Is there any other remedy please advice and also tell me ways to support as he had lost his mother in feb 2017.
He is smoking addict from 2 year. He want to leave it . But if don't take it . Then he will not be able to do study. Or any other work. He feel darkness around him sometime.
Schizophrenia is a psychiatric disorder in which a person’s mood, knowledge, thought and several other characteristics gets disturbed. We can notice most of the adults and old people with few symptoms of schizophrenia, which are most commonly left unidentified. The exact cause of schizophrenia is not yet known. The person feels that they are being constantly watched, they feel the presence of someone or something, which is not actually there. They are always suspicious and think that other people are gossiping and thinking about them.
Possible causes of Schizophrenia
Though the exact cause of schizophrenia is not known there are few factors, which contribute to the cause of schizophrenia.
- Genetic factors: People with a family history of schizophrenia are at higher risk of getting schizophrenia.
- Environmental factors: Environmental factors include excessive stress during pregnancy or later stages of life. Several other factors during pregnancy and childhood are responsible for causing schizophrenia. These factors are:
- Decreased oxygen level during delivery due to premature birth or prolonged labour
- Parental loss or separation in early stages of life
- Parental exposure to virus or during infancy
- Childhood physical or sexual abuse
- Abnormal brain structures and brain chemistry
Sings and symptoms of schizophrenia
- Hallucination: To see, feel or hear anything that really does not exist is known as hallucination.
- Delusion: A thought or belief of a person, which is either false or impossible in reality is known as delusion.
- Thought and speech disturbances: The thought process and speech of a schizophrenic will be disorganized, due to which he or she will fumble or is distracted as they are unable to align their thoughts.
- Difficulty in concentrating: It is difficult for people suffering from schizophrenia to concentrate on the task at hand.
- Erratic behaviour: People suffering from schizophrenia tend to behave erratically, either they will be too jumpy or will be perfectly still for hours at a stretch. Most people belief that those who are suffering from schizophrenia are often violent in nature, which actually is not the case.
Treatment for schizophrenia
Schizophrenia can be treated, if identified at an early stage. It is best advised to consult a psychiatrist the moment you spot the symptoms. Anti psychotic drugs, self help behaviour change, counselling and rehabilitation are few treatment modalities available for schizophrenia.