Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Asif Iqbal AhmedYour feedback matters!
Sir I have pain in diaphragm after bike accident Pain by weight lifting and pain by coughing in diaphragmatic region please help me sir.
The mental health of a person can be regulated with the help of self-awareness and a conscious attitude in many cases. Yet, in most cases, one will have to resort to the use of psychiatric help which may include the use of therapy and medication. There are many kinds of conditions that may go out of hand and affect our day to day functioning. These include conditions like depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia and many more. Yet, there is a certain amount of stigma and many myths attached to the field of psychiatry and its medication. Here are a few myths that we have tackled.
- Psychiatric Medicines can be Addictive: This is a major myth that may people have. It is not true that once you start taking psychiatric medication, you will have to take them for life. In fact, for medicines like anti depressants, most clinicians make it a rule to administer the drugs for only a limited period of time, so that the person does not get dependent on the medication in order to run his or her life in a normal manner. Like there is a time defined period for treatment like ATT ( for tuberculosis) likewise there is a time duration of treatment with antidepressants which a patient should discuss with their psychiatrist. Further, the prescription of such medication is more often than not, backed with proper therapy which happens before and after the medication is taken. This helps in ensuring that the patient is weaned off accordingly with the help of positive discussions and evaluations.
- Antidepressants can make us Happy: This is another major myth that many people have. The fact is that the antidepressants do not have any euphoria creating properties which recreations drugs may have. These are medicines that have an affect on the production of the specific hormones that may be creating problems in the life of the patient. Therefore, one should not expect to feel happy as soon as the antidepressant is taken with some water. A happier self can only come from within and with outside help like therapy in case the patient is in a constant state of despair. The medication will simply help in suppressing and increasing the production of the necessary hormones in the brain, which will restore the correct chemical balance. A person who takes these kinds of medicines without actually suffering from depression may face side effects like feeling off balance and sick.
- Psyhiatric drugs will change your personality: Any medication out there can cause negative effects for a patient if taken too long or given the wrong dosage. You have to discuss any treatment related side effects with your doctor and he will have a solution for it. The way we see it, is this; if someone with depression overcomes it through their medication, their personality will be changed, yes – they will be free from negative thoughts, anti-social behavior, and feelings of defeat, which is a definite change in personality – a positive change. The same can be said for an illness like Schizophrenia, with the right treatment plan, their minds will become less consumed by hallucinations, delusions, and irrational anxieties – another healthy and positive personality change. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
I am so much depressed. Probably I don't have more problems. But I am not at all happy. I am always thinking about something and worried about it. I can't concentrate in any things. I thought I want to cry. I don't have any peacefulness in my mind please give some suggestion. why I am like this. I didn't like anything in this world now. Just blank.
I feel totally exhausted I have been diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder when I study I feel totally mentally exhausted but after taking modalert I feel mentally active and able to do the task in hand even the most boring task I can do very easily is modalert safe to take with bupropion xl 150 mg in morning.
With kids entering the marriage scene, most couples end up in a routine that primarily revolves around the kids. The intimacy levels nosedive with no time, energy, or the privacy left for private moments. While some people just resign to it as normal course of marriage, others can get frustrated and even look for ways to please themselves outside marriage. The good news is that one need not lose hope. While taking care of children definitely comes as a responsibility, it need not take away all your pleasures of a married life. There can still be a good sexual relationship; all it requires is a little bit of planning and conscious attempts from both partners.
- Planned dates: Leave your baby with either a good friend of a family member (grandparents, uncles or aunts) and take some time out at least once a month. This gives you time away from the never-ending responsibility of kids. While you are assured that the child is safe with the short-term babysitter, you get complete private space and time to be with your partner. The wonders this can do are to be seen to be believed.
- Separate child’s bedroom: This not only gives you the required privacy, it also helps by instilling some good manners in the child. Early on in life, it knows that it has its own space and the parents, theirs. While there can be occasional days when the child can doze off to sleep with the parents, it has to spend the night in its own bed. With privacy being one of the main reasons for lack of parents, this will take care of it.
- Winding up early for the day: While the list of things to do never seems to end, you need to put a stop to it to say, that is all you can manage for the day. Going to bed tired and drained for the day is definitely not going to help your sex life. It is absolutely fine to leave a couple of things to do for tomorrow, so you can go to bed with some energy left for romance.
- Small talk, but not about the small ones: While kids do engulf your life, make a conscious attempt to talk about something else. It could be a movie or a book or something that happened in office or home, but not about the kids. This can pep you both up unbelievably and do wonders for rekindling the love in your life.
While kids definitely are the center of your lives, take some time out for yourselves. It works wonders for the relationship, making the other person feel important and loved, and of course, it is mutual.
Hi, I am from jalandhar. I am suffering from stammering problem .so who is best Specialists in jalandhar .please tell me.Because I want solve this problem.
I am a medical student studying for first year mbbs exam and have been eating a lot due to stress. My weight has gone up to 104 kg and I am worried about my health. I would be done with my final exams in a weeks time and I would like to lose as much weight possible within 2 months time. Kindly suggest activities and nutrition supplement and fat burners that I could use for faster and safer weight loss.
I am 35 years old male suffering from depression. I feel lonely and feel to stay always in the bed. I stay alone. I consume liquor regularly. Please advice.
Hi i am Feeling depressed, tired after sleep, weight loss. Mood swings, no hunger. Thts all wrong with me.
I am masturbating since last 10 Years regularly, so now I have problems of Early Ejaculation, size problem and it's not harder, I am going to marry in sometimes, I am in depression, I never use alcohol and smoking, I am vegetarian. Please help me and give me solution.
Stress management is an art. Management starts long before appearance of stressful condition.A wise man often anticipates the possible future situation and prepares himself accordingly. For example you study well whole year to avoid stress at annual exam time. This preparation for facing stress is the first step.
Then comes the question what to do in sudden unexpected situations. Look as a human being you may not capable of dealing with every environmental stressors. Whenever an un-expected situation arises you must seek help from others. There are people wiser and mightier than you to solve your problem, you must approach them without hesitation.
During stressful conditions, you should adopt problem solving approach. This means you should be thinking about the ways to get out of the situation. You may have various options, and you should choose the most adequate option to solve your problems.
Never ever blame your supports (Your dear ones, friends, wellwishers etc), rather be thankful to them for their kind help. Try to come into your regular routine at the earliest. Take healthy timely meals, adequate rest, leisure and sleep.