Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Asif Hasan
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Asif HasanYour feedback matters!
High blood pressure can develop over many years and affects everyone at some point in life but if not treated for a very long time, it can escalate the risks of a number of cardiovascular problems and chronic kidney disorders.
High blood pressure or hypertension is a condition where the long term force induced by blood on the artery walls may lead to health complications.
Different types of hypertension:
- Primary Hypertension: High blood pressure caused by genetic, prenatal or other natural causes like aging (people over 60 develop HBP) is known as primary hypertension.
- Secondary Hypertension: Secondary hypertension is that which is caused due to specific conditions, like kidney disorders, lung disorders etc.
Symptoms Of Hypertension:
It may not show any warning symptoms for several years while it continues to develop. A few tell-tale signs are frequent throbbing headaches, shortness of breath, nosebleeds, excessive sweating but these only occur when there is an extremely serious medical complication.
Complications of hypertension:
- Hypertension can also result in a disorder called aneurysm in which the blood vessels tend to swell and weaken. Rupture of an aneurysm can be fatal.
- Heart failure is one of the most serious complications associated with hypertension. It becomes increasingly difficult for the heart to pump blood along with the high pressure. Consequently the heart muscle thickens and leads to cardiac arrest.
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure and interference with your ability to remember and think. It can trigger memory loss and affect your understanding and deriving skills.
- Persistent high blood pressure can result in atherosclerosis - hardening of the arteries. This can severely wreck cardiovascular health and cause stroke, heart attack or other complications.
I have a acute pain near heart which has been troubling me from ten days. What may be the reason for this?
Hi i am Suffering from chest pain on the left. Its like heavy feeling on the chest. Initially it was like a strain but even after taking pain killers it keeps coming back. No external injury but feeling a pressing pain while heavy breathing and sleeping. Please advise. I have a chronic indigestion problem and my triglicerine count is 545. Cholesterol is below normal.
I was attacked by dengue fever last oct, bt still I dint recover complete, feeling irregular hearts, sound allergy, breathing trouble n so on. I did master checkup n everything ok. Bt am nt ok. Dint get any solution till nw. Can you help me?
Hi, I had abdominal hernia operation around 20 days ago, now for the past several days I have difficulty in breathing. I feel as if I can't take inhale enough oxygen. Thank you in advance.
Recommended Diet for Heat Stroke
Unani physicians claim that a diet for heat stroke can help prevent the problem to some extent, because dietary recommendations for a heat stroke patient could be quite useful. Undermentioned list is of some of the adjustments one can make in his diet, after a heat stroke.
- It is essential to include fresh fruits, vegetables and juices in the regular diet to avoid heat related illnesses, especially heat Strokes because dehydration is an important cause behind the incidence of heat Strokes. Water content is high in these items and that’s why they help to keep the body well hydrated.
- Oranges, pineapples, watermelons, grapefruits, lemons, cantaloupes and similar fruits are very useful in this condition.
- Drinking plenty of water is also necessary, especially before going out in the sun. It is highly recommended to drink an additional amount of fluids, like fresh juice or an energy drink as it could replenish the levels of water in your body.
- A part from that onions, mint, cucumber and yogurt should be positively included in the diet to prevent Heat Strokes. Not only due to its cooling effect, but these can also be great for the overall health.
- It has been observed that low blood sugar can trigger the symptoms of heat Strokes. Add healthy sources of protein to your diet, which mainly include nuts, beans, pulses and olive oil. This will increase blood sugar levels, thereby preventing heat strokes.
- Up to some extent, peppermint tea and raspberry tea are found to be highly effective in providing relief from these symptoms.
Restricted Diet for Heat Stroke
- Excessive consumption of salt adversely affects the functioning of normal sweat production, as salt is rich in sodium, and excess sodium could hamper the regular production of sweat in the body which in turn increases the risk of developing this heat illness.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages should also be minimized because alcohol is known to increase heat in the body. In addition to this, caffeinated beverages induce frequent urination and cause unnecessary loss of water.
Sir, I am suffering from chest pain and some times pain in my left arm and also sometimes feel difficult to breath. What is the problem.
A heart attack is caused if the blood flow to the heart is somehow obstructed by fat deposits, cholesterol or other substances, thereby, forming a plaque in the arteries. The disruption in this flow of blood destroys a part of the heart muscle and may prove to be fatal if not treated right on time.
Not every heart attack starts with a sudden crushing pain in the chest. In fact, about 30 per cent of the cases haven’t yielded any such symptom. However, the signs may vary from one person to another:
- Heart attack might start slowly causing only mild discomfort or pain initially. The symptoms happen to be sudden and intense, persisting for several hours.
- Mostly heart attack induces pain on the left side or the center of the chest. The discomfort generally persists for a few minutes. It can even result in a feeling of indigestion or heart burn, fullness, squeezing and pressure which can turn from mild to severe.
- One might also experience an aching sensation in the upper stomach, jaw, neck, shoulders, back or both of the arms.
- Shortness of breath is one of those very common symptoms.
- Other common symptoms include excessive sweating, exhaustion, vomiting, nausea, sudden dizziness or light-heartedness.
How can you tell a heart attack from a mere panic attack?
Panic attack occurs even more suddenly and induces intense fear, extracting extreme reactions for something relatively harmless. Once the attack subsides, one usually feels week on the knees and tender near the gut. Some of the symptoms exclusive to a panic attack include a feeling of detachment, numbness, hot flashes, chills and tightness experienced in and around the throat, tremors (primarily of the hands) and a constant fear of losing control or of an impending danger.
Although many indications of a heart attack might happen to overlap with those of a panic attack, there are still a few noteworthy differences between the two. Watch out for those signs and get yourself diagnosed properly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist and ask a free question.