Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Hi, She is 53years old. She is an thyroid patient. And she gets frequent pain under the foot. Somewhat bearable pain. She gets this pain while getting up from bed and placing foot on the floor. And Might get this pain after eating too. Please Suggest remedies. And why is it happening like that? Thank you:)
Parents are always concerned about their child's physical health, but often ignore their mental health. Along with physical well-being, your child's mental well-being is also equally important.
The following are eight tips to improve your child's mental well-being:
- Adequate sleep: Sufficient amount of sleep is required for a child to stay mentally fit. Parents often engage their children with various classes and activities and compromise on their sleeping hours. This in turn affects the child's mental state. Therefore, as a parent, you must take care not to compromise on your child's sleeping hours.
- Allowing them to play: Nowadays, children are overburdened with studies and other learning activities. They do not get to play quite often. But as a parent, you must take care of your child's schedule, so that he/she can have proper playtime too. Playing involves physical activity as well as creativity in certain cases. This helps to improve mental health.
- Learning to share and care: You must take care to inculcate in your child the values of sharing and caring. These little things can also help improve your child's mental health. Learning how to share with others and caring for others will help them to stay happy.
- Regular exercise: Encouraging your child to regularly exercise will not only help improve his/her physical health, but also mental health. It will also help them to reduce stress and maintain a good mood as well.
- Listen to them: Parents often ignore when children are speaking on less important matters; may be about a new friend or a strict teacher in school. But as a parent, you must take out some time from your daily schedule to listen out to their stories. Listening to them attentively will make them feel important, increase their confidence and hence, improve their mental well-being.
- Encourage them to make friends: Encouraging your child to make new friends will help them to socialize better. They will feel confident about themselves and also open up. This can boost up their mental well-being.
- Good nourishment: Proper nourishment is not only essential for being physically fit, but also mentally fit. Good nourishment will help them stay healthy physically and increase their energy levels. This in turn will positively affect their mental health.
- Make them feel safe: Children need to feel safe in order to stay mentally fit. Try and spend some time with them every day. As a parent, always make your children realize that you are right beside them. Listen to their problems and help them find solutions to solve those instead of scolding them. Help them to relax and feel secure to stay mentally fit.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a the doctor and ask a free question.
I am a student and preparing for a competitive exam. I sleep 8-9 hrs but want to sleep 4-5 hrs can it will be possible with doing meditation.
Sir, I have the problem of anxieties, and have the problem to take little things on mind, and I always put myself in pressure without any cause.
I am 21 years old boy. How to control my sex? Every time I think for sex and my pains every time hard. Please help me to control my sex.
Dear doctors, while taking stress or confusion by putting pressure in mind, my semen is discharged without sexual stimulation and my body is getting weak and weight lost. In this condition, if I keep taking stress or confusion by putting pressure on mind, will I get affected by diabetes or cardiac arrest in the future in the long run. Pls answer. I'm male, age- 29.
Hi, I am a 35 yrs of old male and I having bad habbits like taboko, now I want to leave that habit. Please advice to me what should I do ?
Main 23 years ki hu. Main competition exam ki preparing kar rahi hu like RAS, IAS.lekin jab me padhti hu tab mujhse tension hoti h or thodi der bhi nhi padh sakti. Padhte time aisa lagta hai ki kahi bhaag jau. Please mujhe kuch solution batayein.Please tell.
Hello sir, I did not have concentration on study because of my bad habits. What should i do to cure?
Respected Sir It is said that depression can not be cured by medicine and since my wife's weight 100 kg very high she refuses to take allopathy medicine she has lost interest in me earlier she was so loving and caring for me now not interested to see my face watches other young males like loose charactered woman please guide.
My brother is 14 years old. Since his childhood he posses with very aggressive nature, stubborn, and very selfish. He can stand with anyone & he don't have any friend. He always think of himself that's why he fought with every one n don't listen to any one and got irritated on small things. Once we can consider this a personality trait or variety in child behavior. But he doesn't think & speak according to his age. He is 14 n talks likes a 8-10 years boy. He got irritated on very small things. Sometimes without any reason n when he is angry he gets mad, he hurt himself physically, slaps himself very tightly, eat rotten things & vegetables peels, once he dipped his slipper in tea n drink dat. He licks slipper also. He often threaten us that he will kill himself, send him to orphanage, I don't want to live long, everyone scolds me, no one can stop this at dat time, physically also he can't be control, he throw things, clothes, mobile etc. And few time he wounded himself wife fork, once threatening with knife. And he don't want to go school, he got irritated on teachers. About one - one month he didn't go to exams even sometimes skip his exams also. He got beaten very badly 4 dis thing bt nothing works, he is used to with this. Ne never cries when he was beaten, nor a single tear appears into his eyes. He'll die bt nvr go. No power on earth can change his mind. Even I got hurts wen I saw this and marks on his body bt de did not feel anything n after some time he behaves normally. Don't have any regret that is doing wrong. No stress or pain can not be seen on his face. Infact he fully enjoys whole day. And in addition he make high demands n few times he put conditions for going school. And wen his demand get full filled he happily go 2-4 day again got irregular. He is in 8th standard and I didn't think he had continuously attend d school more than a week. We have changed so many schools bt he never get comfortable in any school. Till 3rd he was comfortable but nor regular there also. He always got 94-98% till den. Bt after completed dat primary school he is transformed. He don't have adjusting & compromising nature not even for his parents or siblings. He loves his family a lot n also can't live without us. But for him HE himself comes first. On 5 JUNE OUR "MOM EXPIRED" due to Cancer. He lover her a lot n got pampered by her a lot. She was d only one who calm down her mostly & convince him to go school. He always sleep wit mom. He calls her to make him sleep. N after that she can go. BT now he never talks about her n did not said to anyone dat he misses her. 4-5 days he talks abt her. He has very easily excepted her death. Dat was surprising. It was not easy for his age. We were in hospital n was mentally prepared. He calls every hour to know abt her n we never tell d truth n said pray 4 her. He was very concern n whole time pray 4 her. Now he is 2 times more arrogant n rude, n dangerous for himself. He has quit his studies, whole day wat h TV or play games on mob. N always laying on bed whole day. Very rarely he sits when he is asked to do. In dat also he gets irritated. Now he never talks politely wid us esp wen we asked about him or his hygiene. He has become so lazy that he CNT give one glass water to anyone. That's a huge burden 4 him. His body reaction n face expressions reveal every thing. Sometimes he is talks very friendly. Wen ever I got sick he do a lot work. Make tea 4 me. Bring everything which I asked. Days d whole story & in this session he has attended classes max 10 days. He had d worst bad habit of chewing sweet flavoured supari. Since 6-8 months he is addicted to that BT now from a month he is eating 20-25 packets per day. Sometimes more dis also. His health is getting down. Whats can be d reason 4 his behaviour. Now its at peak and effected by his. Addiction also. Dat doesn't contains tobacco bt there is something in dat which makes him addicted to this level. Once I have eaten dat head started shaking 4 few sec. N rechecking dis twice, result was d same. Even I also got effected n wanted to eat that again. He is trying to leave bt his efforts fail every time. Since last 4 days he has reduced to 2-3packets n sometimes whole day he did not eat. We can't blame mom's death or eating supari as since childhood he is irritating n runs away from school. Now that had increase to max. He didn't listen to anyone nor he is afraid of anything. Sometimes listen to me bt put one desire or demand. 1. What's d permanent solution of this problem? We are now polite with him and dealing him with love n didn't force 4 anything, bt this alone can't work. 2.Did I need to refer a neuro-physician first. May be he had some hormonal disturbance/disbalance since childhood. 3.Or is this a complete psychological case?
Sir/ mam I appeared many exam like cds assistant commandment state exam but I not appeared in interview all time this drawn me in depression after that I take alcohol after some time I drink heavy alcohol I want to get rid from depression and alcohol for better future Thinks.
Asperger's Syndrome has recently come under the umbrella of Autism Spectrum Disorder. This syndrome usually affects the social skills of the patient, most heavily. The patient may seem normal and even intelligent at first glance. But on closer interaction, several social skill problems will come to the fore including an obsessive focus on certain topics and issues. Repetitive behaviour is also a part of this disease.
Let us find out more about Asperger's Syndrome:
- Symptoms: The symptoms usually begin to show up early on in one's childhood. The patient will not be able to make eye contact while speaking with others. Also, a perfectly normal person may seem inordinately shy and reserved during social interactions. This awkwardness may come to the fore in the form of looking for expression cues on other people's faces and even the body language. The patient may not be a very happy and lively soul, with hardly a smile to crack at the funniest of jokes. The lack of emotions or the emotionally numb state is also a major giveaway of the condition. Other symptoms may include a strong aversion towards change in food habits and routine.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis is usually done by mental health specialists like a developmental paediatrician, a psychiatrist, a psychologist or even a paediatric neurologist. These specialists can put the child through a variety of tests that will study the neurological health as well as the speech and emotional behaviour of the child.
- Educating the Parent: Once the diagnosis has been done, the parents of the patient will have to appraised of the condition and its implications. The symptoms and treatment will have to be duly discussed even as the parents are put through training and therapy to learn techniques with which they can help the child in progressing along more normal lines. The therapy will also help the parents deal with the challenge of living with someone suffering from this condition.
- Treatment: There are varied forms of treatment that aim at fixing the specific areas and symptoms that the patient is learning to live with. Social skills training, speech and language therapy, CBT or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and other forms of treatment can help the child overcome many symptoms that come from this condition.
In the course of the treatment, it is important for the child, parent and therapist concerned to realise that there is no single approach that can be applied to all patients suffering from Asperger's Syndrome. Individual care and therapy will be required for individual cases. At the same time, most of the skills will need to be repeated at home so that the child takes them more seriously.
I will smoke a lot so that I had a problem in heart so I can not sleep well and good at night so please give me the suggestion for that.
I am a student of b. Com 1st year, after admit in college, I couldn't concentrate in my study. Please help me to come out from this depression.
What happens to people with autism when they grow up?
Since autism is a spectrum and people have varying skill levels, future is not the same for all people with autism. A lot of children who are able to cope with mainstream school /college education go undiagnosed and are successful at jobs but may be considered quiet or reserved adults by their family, friends and colleagues.
Several adults on the spectrum who have been diagnosed, and been in a supportive environment in their childhood, have written books which have facilitated and enhanced the understanding of the condition. We have examples of people who are professionally very successful. Some have gone on to become famous authors and at least one has won a Nobel Prize. Some advocate and speak for themselves and for other people with autism in the community.
Some of those who are fully independent in their everyday life may find it difficult to sustain the demands of a job and work environment. Some are married and some choose not to.
Some of those who are married face difficulties in forming relationships with their spouses and carry out responsibilities that come with marriage and having a family, and may continue to need support of another person in planning and carrying out the activities in running a house.
As in every other condition, some people on the spectrum will always need support in life and may never be fully independent. As yet, in India, there are few schools which have an environment or the attitude to accommodate the special needs of people on the autism spectrum. Vocational centers and employment opportunities are even fewer.
For most parents struggling with getting services for their child with autism, one of the biggest worry is‘what after us?’ As yet, there are not enough and appropriate lifespan services for people with autism where they can lead a life of dignity and respect.
However, with support from people around them including the family, friends, neighbours and teachers all of them can lead a happy and meaningful life.