Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwini KumarYour feedback matters!
I was first addicted to spasmoproxyvon and now addicted to spasmoproxyvon plus from last 14 years, now I want to stop taking but whenever I stop taking this in the night I feel severe leg pain and head and back pain, I am also suffering from fits, please help me, I am 35 years old.
For a fully functional and productive life, a person requires a healthy body and a healthy mind. Mental health issues could range from depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorder, dementia, obsessive-compulsive disorder, schizophrenia, autism and other causes. Hence, it is important that a person pays attention to these mental health disorders to avoid further problems in their lives, as well as the lives of the people around them.
Here are a few reasons as to why a person should not avoid or ignore their mental health problems:
- Better Physical Health: There is a solid association between the brain and the body. In case you are in physical pain, your work and family life might be influenced or you will be unable to do the activities you might like. This can prompt anxiety, nervousness and depression. People with physical health issues are three times more prone to look for mental health care than those without physical conditions as physical health problems can prompt mental distress and mental health issues can impair your physical health.
- Enhanced Productivity and Financial Stability: Stressful situations may trigger reactions that can make a person unproductive and lead to financial problems as well. Some people end up abandoning their homes, going bankrupt or homeless after trying to manage some sort of mental illness.
- Less Strain on the Family: Mental sickness or disorders influence families as well. The children of individuals with mental health issues are at more serious danger for misuse, disregard and an extensive variety of emotional and behavioral issues. Since they cannot look up to their parents for help and they frequently isolate themselves from their friends and most of them do not get the required social backing. Much of the time, the impact extends into adulthood, driving children to look for psychological or mental treatment of their own.
- Evasion of Crime and Victimization: A few studies recommend that individuals with untreated mental health, particularly in combination with other risk factors, might be at risk of carrying out criminal activities, violence or most probably becoming victims themselves. The danger increases gradually when the individual uses medications or alcohol or has acute symptoms. It could also happen if they are not aware of their mental state or have a poor adherence to medication. Usually, acts of violence happen against relatives or somebody in the individual's nearby group of friends or in close proximity to them.
- A Longer, Happier Life: Individuals with even a mild mental health issue may have a lower life expectancy and a short life span. Those with the largest amounts of depression or nervousness had the danger of death that increased an incredible ninety-four percent, mostly identified with heart diseases.
Dear sir/madam, I have been suffering from ocd for around 2 years. I have a fear of contamination which results in excessive cleaning and washing of hands. I would not even let other people touch my things. Could someone let me know if this can be cured completely and if you could also let me know the approximate cost it will be really helpful. thank you in advance.
I think I am suffering from OCD. I am depressed, due to some marital problems, .Keep on checking, phones, messages. It's been around 4 years. Want to come out of it. Please help.
My father is 89 yrs old and wt 95 kgs. on 30 dec he underwent for hip replacement surgery . he is a patient of alzeimeric dementia and some times becomes very aggressive. during his hospitalisation his left buttock's apx 2*3i nch epidermal portion was eroded after fungal infection which is still not healed what should i do for its healing and his normal walk and gait
My frn shyam have some voice problem, in short you can he has little stammering problem, is this any treatment for himm.
My mom has some kind of disturb feeling in her mind. And she has not replying any answers quickly as normal persons do. Everytime I am seeing I feel that she is thinking about something which I cant understand . She also not saying. She has also problem of headache and gaestro and pain during urine. What kind of doctor I have to search for above problems ? Please help.
I get angry to fast whenever I lose any argument or game with friends. And also I get angry when I remain alone and think of my past incident like my father torched my mom badly. And my level of anger is that high, if someone remain besides me I have a feeling to murder him or harm him badly. Please Tell me how to get rid from this. Because of this I can't concentrate on my studies. Please help me please.
I am a college student. I have recently developed an urge for smoking. I smoke 4 cigarettes a day. But the fact is I still have control over myself and I want to discontinue it. Little bit of guidance and suggestion would surely benefit me to quit smoking now as I believe in the latter stages it's might turn into dire consequences if I keep smoking. Please help.
Is there any problem with me because I don't feel compassionate about my dad. Recently he met with an accident and instead of asking how he is I was watching movie.Please tell.
I lost my concentration very much and I'm feeling too much depressed while studying, working and in all areas just because of loss of my best friend due to ego and other minute talk between us. Previously I was too much of enthusiastic. However I can't be that much of enthusiastic as how I was before and I feel I'm losing everything. Please help me to get back my mind ready, freshen and to make me enthusiastic.
Stress plays a significant role in creating rifts in relationships as it mostly forbids partners from meeting each other’s physical and emotional needs. This reduces intimacy in a relationship and results in an unhappy sex life. In the modern world of continuous work pressure and fast paced lifestyle, stress generally takes away all the energy required to enjoy a fulfilling sex life. Here are some tips, which will prove to be very effective in keeping stress away from your sex life.
1. Don’t make it seem necessary to have sex even if your partner is tired
If you find that stress due to problems at workplace or financial issues is affecting your partner considerably, then respect his/her decision of saying no to sex. Don’t pressurise your partner to get intimate just because you want it. Your patience and understanding nature will increase your partner’s admiration towards you, in turn leading to a more passionate and happier sex life.
2. Try to stay away from performance anxiety
Don’t let performance anxiety take a toll on your sex life. Studies show that being conscious about their performance in bed leads men to lose their erection, which takes all the pleasure away from intimate moments. Instead of being stressed about your sexual performance, focus on your partner’s needs and attend to them for a more pleasurable sex life.
3. Focus on getting rid of other stressful issues from your life
Common tensions of your daily life and everyday issues like the normal household chores, and your duties and responsibilities towards your family often leave you too exhausted to spend time with your partner. Moreover, getting preoccupied with social commitments also minimises the time available for just the two of you.
To prevent these stressful situations from affecting your sex life, try to focus on removing them. For this, you can ask for help from other family members to carry out household chores or diminish your time at social gatherings to be available for each other exclusively. Spending more time in each other’s company will not only brighten your day, but will also give you an enhanced and more intimate relationship. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.