Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashwini Kumar
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwini KumarYour feedback matters!
I am feeling very sick from last 3 days .i have a pain in my neck and head and whole body is paining .Please tell.
Hello doctors, my problem is that I can not concentrate on any work, my confidence level is low, I am feeling anger maximum, sometime sad. I can not sleep in night till 2.00 am to 3.00 am. My mind Always thinking about my relationship, studies, job in future. I can not concentrate on my studies. 0physically I am completely fit going in gym from last 2 to 3 years. please help me out from this.
I am addicted of tobacco. I want to quit this but I am not able to do. please give me some suggestion and medicine which helps Me on quit tobacco.
I am not having sleep in night and also addicted to tobacco chewing in night if I didn't got tobacco or any thing like that feels mad I was having a love affair with a person when I was in +1 and it continued till 12 and I failed in +2 and I rewrite and got passed I went to army to marry her and when I came back she went with my scoundrel friend and am fed up and resigned from army and went to study far for b tec and after 4 months I stopped and came back home not able to concentrate in anything my mood always changed from love anger revenge sad and helpless I feel to kill them and suddenly I feel to forgive and also I was addicted to alcohol to stop thinking about all these and it increased and I stopped alcohol as a result of bike Accident that was due to drunken driving just a narrow escape from death am not able to sleep and if I sleep because of tired also it won't last longer only for 1or two hours and also bad dream now I though only death can cure my problem I was always searching for her Facebook account as I was not able to see her and at last I found her account after 5 years of routine checking and I text her and asked her to block me and at last when I wish her in her birthday she blocked me and now I feel sad I went to consult a psychiatrist in local hospital and after 1 hours of waiting I lost patience and went back without visiting doctors my moods always change suddenly and feels to suicide or kill my enemies who made me like this not able to sleep seeing nigh mare their face.
I have headache every morning when I slept and I am student so I not concentrate my exams sincerely what can I do.
Sir, I have been drinking alcohol since 20 years. And I suddenly stopped drinking. I ll not drink further. Is it any harmful to give it up suddenly ? I feel headache sometimes, and I have become somewhat thin.
Depression follows the trajectory opposite to contentment. It has adverse effects on a person's mental and physical health. Being depressive is not a choice; it is a condition. The fact that despondency is not an elected way of life is a mystery to many. People surrounding a depressed person should make conscious efforts in treating them with love and dignity. Subjecting a person to strict deadlines, stringent rules or excessive pressure could worsen their situation.
Ways to tackle a depressed family member:
- Create occasions to enjoy a hearty laugh: If you have a family member suffering from depression you should probably share the benefits of laughter with him or her. Laughter is the best medicine to remedy acute depression. Look for opportunities to crack a joke or make the concerned person play with a pet. You can also take the person to watch humorous movies.
- "You are impossible" is the worst way of approaching a problem: In many cases a depressed person is reported with instances of negativity. Though the expressed negativity makes you feel morbid, do not give up on your family member. The person involuntarily finds reasons to feel hopeless. You should never think the case is beyond any kind of betterment.
- Keep them in a positive environment: Positive ideas can counter dejection. Help the person plan for a great future. Lay stress on how important that person is to you and to the world in general. Keeping one's mind creatively occupied can prove to be effective. Music or any other passion for that matter can help a person get over phases of depression.
- You should not associate depression with perpetual sadness: Depression can have plenty of symptoms. The symptoms vary from one person to another. While some people lack in motivation some might want to harm themselves or others. Many become a recluse. The minute you associate depression with sadness you limit your overview of the actual problem.
- Help the family member take his or her medicines diligently: While counseling helps a few patients of depression some others require medication. A bout of depression will dissuade a person from sticking to his or her medical routine. As a loved one it is your due responsibility to persuade him or her to take medicines regularly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.