Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashwani Maichand
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwani MaichandYour feedback matters!
I'm m 78 in reasonably good health. My family doc has diagnosed it as "lower sacral sprain L 45 S1" PAIN outside of right leg. Who or which specialty should I consult for treatment? Painful while walking.
My shoulder muscle is got weak because of throwing the ball in cricket. So what to do for my shoulder?
I am 27 years old working women. From past few days, I am getting pain in my left knee after sitting for some time. I am getting pain while walking immediately. After some time it will be ok. What is the reason for this? Is it serious?
Arthritis is a common musculoskeletal condition that affects elderly men and women. Joint pain, stiffness and inflammation are the most common symptoms of this condition. This pain can get so bad as to affect your movement and leave you unable to do simple things like walking up stairs or even simply turning a doorknob.
Arthritis cannot be reversed but with medication and a few lifestyle changes, your quality of life can be improved.
- Exercise and weight loss: Though it is difficult to do, losing weight can help relieve the pain of arthritis. This takes the pressure off your joints and increases the range of possible motions. Though exercising may be the last thing you want to do, it can help increase your flexibility and help strengthen your muscles. Aerobics, stretching and strength training are ideal for arthritic patients.
- Assistive devices: Arthritis can make a person knock kneed or bow legged. Wearing unloading braces, shoe inserts or walking with a cane or shoe inserts can help redistribute your weight and take the pressure of your joints. It can also help relieve pain and prevent arthritis from worsening.
- Eating right: Some types of food can worsen arthritic symptoms. This includes processed foods like white flour and sugar, yeast, chemical additives, gluten, hydrogenated and trans fats, milk products, caffeine, alcohol and tobacco. Hence, avoid consuming these foods and instead have a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, nuts and whole grain. You could also try alkaline foods like green leafy vegetables, wheatgrass and aloe vera.
- Massage therapy: A massage not only de-stresses the body, but can also relieve muscle and joint pain by improving blood circulation. Massages also help break up muscular waste deposits and increase the amount of oxygen circulated in the body. This helps transport nutrients to tissues and carries toxins away. Ideally, an arthritic patient should have a massage 2-3 times a week in the beginning and at least twice a month once the condition has stabilised.
- Supplements: Along with eating healthy, including a few supplements in your daily diet can also help alleviate arthritic symptoms. When it comes to rheumatic arthritis; the anti-inflammatory properties of vitamin C help fight arthritis by promoting bone and cartilage growth and reducing infection. Fish oil is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids that help reduce inflammation, Vitamin D is another supplement that helps relieve arthritic pain by helping the bones absorb calcium faster and preventing further loss of cartilage.
My lower back pains after I workout. What could be the possible reason (s). How to cure it? Is it due to deficiency of testosterone?
I am 25 years old (m) i am drive to bike long every day so back pain coming every night some tips give to avoid pain.
I am a 25 years old male, I have been suffering from bulging disk at l5-s1. I have been resting for 2 months, now my neck has started paining too and left pelvic joint is making popping sound everytime it is bend. So I got my blood acid checked. And its been 8 for last two months, I have been drinking like 6 lts water everyday. Is uric acid main reason of pain? And how can I get it down as I don't want to start the medicine so early in life and drinking water is not working. Please suggest, my career is suffering a lot.
Spondylosis is a disease of the bone which involves wear and tear of the discs. The latter is the cushion between the joints of the neck and the neck bone. While it is mostly observed in aged people, it is not too uncommon among the youth as well. It can present with symptoms such as numbness, neck pain, headache, stiffness near the shoulder area etc. Ayurvedic treatment has been extremely promising in treating both cervical and lumbar spondylosis.
The food connection: Ayurveda states that there is a close connection between Spondylosis and food. In Ayurvedic terms, an increase of Vata Dosha can lead to the problem of Spondylosis. For instance, consumption of frozen or processed food, sodas, junk food, low consumption of water, excess consumption of curried food heighten the chances of Spondylosis.
Habits matter: As per the books of the Ayurveda, a reckless lifestyle increases the chances of Spondylosis. Habits such as day sleep, regular walking for a long distance, urging the suppression, rigorous exercise daily, work that involves bearing of weight on the neck, head and shoulder, night awakening etc. can wreak havoc and result in Spondylosis. On the other hand, healthy lifestyle changes can help a person refrain from this condition.
Psychological Factors: Ayurveda states that even psychological factors can go a long way in making a person suffer from Spondylosis. Certain factors such as excess stress, loss of interest in day to day work, fear of failure, feeling of frustration, too much anger, grief resulting from personal loss etc. play a major role in Spondylosis.
Visible Symptoms of Spondylosis:
Some medical symptoms that can be easily identified as the signs of Spondylosis include fatigue, pain in the arm, shoulder, and forearm, difficulty in functions pertaining to neck rotation, extension, joint stiffness, muscular spasm, headache, weakness in the arm, difficulty in movement, difficulty in muscle coordination etc.
Some ayurvedic treatments to deal with Spondylosis
Use Cow's ghee in your food. It is a best natural "Vata" reliever and gives nourishment to the nerves and other body parts.
Constipation must be avoided at all costs. Constipation may increase pain in Cervical Spondylosis.
Herbs have divine healing powers and they have the ability to cure any type of disease from the root. They were gifted to us by God when he created life. So believe in God if you want to get rid of your problems!
Ayurvedic herbs are unique natural remedies for Cervical Spondylosis. Ayurvedic principles are different in many ways from modern medicine for example - Drinking water from a copper pan after keeping it overnight is also very useful in Rheumatoid arthritis and Cervical Spondylosis.
Consuming castor oil at night with milk or alone is a very useful herbal remedy for arthritis, especially rheumatoid arthritis and Cervical Spondylosis.
Improve your nutrition as the first step.It plays an important role to fight diseases. When nothing works, nutrition does!
Use herbal juices like Aloe vera juice (Kumari Saar) and Amla Juice (Amla Saar) in routine. Amla is the richest source of natural Vitamin C. Vitamin C improves the natural immunity of the body. 100 gm of Amla juice contains 30 times more vitamin C than 100 gm of oranges.
Greeva Basti- A compound created with Bala Ashwagandhadi oil, Medicated oil and black gram paste is applied on the affected area. Regular application of this can regenerate the muscle bone and reverse Spondylosis to a considerable extent.
Ayurvedic Herbs For Spondylosis
Some ayurvedic herbs are known to be extremely beneficial for treating Spondylosis. When these are consumed or applied on the affected area, they can fetch surprising result for a Spondylosis patient. Some of these herbs include Prishniparni (Uraria picta), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Guggulu (Commiphora mukul), Shunthi (Ginger), Bala (Sida cardifolia), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Gambhari (Gmelina arborea), Shallaki (Boswelia serrata), Rasna (Pluchea lanceolata), Castor root (Ricinus communis) etc.