Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashutosh SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am 29 year old male. I am look so lean. What should I do to gain weight? My total weight is only 53 kg and my height is 164 cm.
Sir, mam I am 21 year old and I belongs to a farmer family. I want to tell you that when I work hard I got swelling in my right side testis and my penis shrink like a baby sir pls tell me how can I cure from it. I am very nervous about it and now I have got married also.
I am yogesh 20 year old, I want to take orthodontic treatment to do teeth straighten and space minimize. I don't know what are the best dentist around my landscape, need to know succintly about treatment.
Test for a female showed following results: photometery - amylase: 132, lipase 54. 2, total cholasterol: 216, ldl cholasterol: 145, asparate aminotransferase (sgot) 38. 3, alanine transaminase (sgpt)45, sereum globulin: 3. 25 - oh vitamin d (total) 22. 3, eosinophils: 6. 2, hematocrit (pcv)47. 5, mean corp hemo. Conc (mvhc) 29. 1, red cell distribution width - sd (rdw-sd) 55. 9, red cell distribution width (rdw-cv) 15. 6. Rest of the tests show normal figures. Please advise if any medicines/ change in food habits are required?
I am getting bleeding from nose what is the prevention for this one and what I should do to prevent in this in future.
I am 24 years old, and I am getting the over fat day by day. What should I do. What kind of food should I take tah can make me fit?
I was living in Kanpur, UP and I came to chennai for my undergraduate studies and since then I am suffering from Hairfall consistently. Now my hair density as I feel has dropped much low compared to what I had when I arrived here. Please help or else I will be bald.
My weight is no gaining at last six years This is only 54to 56 kg between please how can we gain my weight.
Diabetes is often referred to as diabetes mellitus by physicians, which is used for describing a group of metabolic-related diseases. Diabetic patients have high blood sugar (blood glucose) in the blood, the cause of which might be either the inadequate production of insulin or because the body is unable to use the insulin properly. Diabetes might also be a result of the combination of both.
There are three types of diabetes:
- Type 1 diabetes which was formerly known as insulin-dependent diabetes or juvenile onset diabetes due to the fact that the symptoms are typically diagnosed in young children and children in their teens. Approximately 10%diabetic patients are Type 1 diabetic where the body is unable to produce insulin.
- Type 2 diabetes was also known as non-insulin-dependent diabetes or adult onset diabetes, as it occurs mostly in adults. Approximately 90%diabetic patients worldwide are Type 2 diabetes, which occurs because the body is unable to produce the required amount of insulin for proper functioning. Overweight and obese people suffering from central obesity or abdominal obesity are more at risk of developing Type 2 diabetes than people who have a healthy body weight, as obesity forces the release of chemicals which may destabilize the cardiovascular and metabolic systems of the body. The risks of developing Type 2 diabetes also increases as one grows older.
- Another type of diabetes is gestational diabetes, which mainly affects pregnant women who have high glucose levels in their blood. The bodies of these women are unable to produce the required amount of insulin to transport all the glucose to their cells leading to the progressive increase of glucose. Studies have revealed that women who have animal fat and cholesterol-rich diet before pregnancy are at more risk of developing this type of diabetes.
Symptoms of diabetes include excessive thirst, dehydration, increased urination and hunger. Symptoms may also include fatigue, skin problems, slow healing wounds, blurred vision and tingling in the feet.
- Patients who are afflicted with Type 1 diabetes will have to take insulin injections for life. Proper blood glucose levels have to be maintained throughout by following a strict diet and regular blood tests need to be carried out.
- Patients with Type 2 diabetes need to keep their weight in check. They are generally treated with tablets, but sometimes insulin injections are recommended. These diabetic patients need to follow a healthy diet strictly, exercise regularly and keep monitoring their blood glucose levels. Another option for obese people to reduce symptoms is Bariatric surgery.
- While gestational diabetes can be controlled with proper diet and regular exercise, there are 10 - 20%of diabetics who will need medications to control blood-glucose. Undiagnosed and untreated gestational diabetes raises the risks of complications during childbirth and may result in a baby who is bigger than he / she should be.
Acute complications of diabetes may include hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia while chronic complications may include diseases of the blood vessels which could damage the eyes, nerves, kidneys and the heart. If you think you have symptoms which suggest diabetes, consulting a doctor at the earliest would be your best option.