Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashutosh Gautam
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ashutosh GautamYour feedback matters!
I have suffering from sleeping problem. I'm trying to sleep the whole night but after 5am I was sleep.
When I talk to girls large amount of seminal fluid leaks. I have this problem from 2010. Now I am unable to sex. Please guide me.
I am very much tired and feeling sleepy even though I sleep many hours why is this happening to me plzz can you help me.
The process of sperm production is a complex one as it involves not only the perfect functioning of the testicles or testes but also the pituitary glands and the hypothalamus which is located in the brain that triggers the sperm production by producing necessary hormones. Any damage or malfunctioning of any of these organs can significantly reduce the amount of sperm produced by a male body. In India, it is a taboo to talk about male infertility, but in reality, male infertility is on the rise in India due to low sperm production.
Causes of Low Sperm Production
Several causes can be cited for low sperm production. A few prevalent ones are indicated below:
- Varicocele which is a condition in which the veins through which the sperm is drained from the testicles get swollen, and thus the quantity and the quality of the sperm get affected.
- Any infection in the epididymis or the testicles can affect the production of the sperm. There can be some permanent damage to the testicles which causes the sperm production to decrease.
- Due to an Auto immune disease where anti bodies mistakenly destroy the sperms in your own body thereby reducing sperm quantity.
- Hormonal imbalance is a common factor in male as well though it is neglected in India. The pituitary gland might not produce the hormone in the required quantity which is needed for the right amount of sperm production.
- Medication that you are using can interfere with the production of the sperm in your body as certain chemicals can alter the hormonal balance in your body thus affecting the sperm quantity.
- Rarely, a defect in chromosomes can reduce male sperm production. Known as Klinefelter’s syndrome, the male body has 2 X chromosomes instead of 1 X and 1 Y chromosome which causes abnormality in reproductive men and the organs.
The primary symptom of low sperm count is the inability to have an offspring, but there are many other symptoms as well. It has been observed that a male with low sperm count has a little or diminishing sex drive. They might not hold an erection for long or have erectile dysfunction. There can be swelling or pain in the testicles, and you may even have a lump which is a severe case. Due to hormonal disorder, there can be a decrease in the body or facial hairs.
If you have been observing a few of the symptoms mentioned above, it is better to see a doctor on the quick note. Doctors can ask for a semen test to understand the underlying problem. There are surgical as well as medical procedures to increase the sperm count and have a better sexual life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.