Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashutosh GautamYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old male, having skin problems on the foot. My skin looks like rough skin (skin scaling). I am suffering since one and half years back. Could you please suggest me, what should I do? Or which medicine I need to take for this problem? Thanks in advance, harish.
My daughter is 23 years old. She is unmarried and she is working as a fashion designer. Her hair loss is the very big problem. She is use to straighten her hair very often. Her hair looks very thin and whenever she comb her hair a bunch of hair comes off. What is the remedy for this.
Acupressure can prove to be extremely effective if you are looking for non-medicinal solutions to treat musculoskeletal problems, such as back pain, sports injuries, arthritis, etc. Acupressure is the application of putting firm pressure on the areas on the body which are swollen, agitated or tense by massaging the acupoints (specific points in the body). Acupressure believes that relieving these areas of pressure reduces the pain.
Here are some musculoskeletal problems that can be healed by acupressure:
- Arthritis: Those who seek acupressure as an alternative treatment for pain are mostly suffering from arthritis (a disease characterised by chronic joint inflammation and cartilage degeneration). Acupressure applies pressure on the inflamed joints.
- Back pain: Back pain is a common problem that can affect anyone irrespective of his or her age. Acupressure acts to relieve the points where the muscles are too tense and helps to tone or support the muscles which have become weak with disuse.
- Chronic pain: Unrelenting pain can stem from many causes. Acupressure focuses on the pain and the pain signals when treating chronic pain. The acupoint of the pain and the nerves are gently massaged to relieve the pain.
- Fibromyalgia: Traumatic injury to the soft tissue, emotional trauma or severe illness can cause fibromyalgia. It is non-inflammatory in nature and often leads to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (a troublesome disorder with symptoms of deep fatigue, sleeping problems, pain, etc.). Acupressure can greatly improve the fatigue and sleeplessness that fibromyalgia causes.
- Tendonitis: The tendon connects the tissue to the bone, and tendonitis is the condition when the tendon is inflamed. Acupressure helps in reducing the inflammation and easing mobility restrictions.
- Sciatica: The sciatic nerve is the longest nerve in the body, stretching from the lower spine to the back of the foot. So when this nerve is agitated, pain radiates from the lower back to the foot. This condition is called sciatica. The acupoints in sciatica are the lower back and the hip. Acupressure effectively loosens the muscles in these regions and reduces inflammation.
- Sports injuries: Strains and sprains are common sports injuries, which mostly affect athletes. Acupressure has anti-inflammatory benefits that can help heal severely injured tendons, ligaments or muscle. Acupressure also plays a huge role in restoring and retraining the body, especially if you are an athlete and play high-demand sports.
- Carpel Tunnel Syndrome: Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition in which the pressure increases on the median nerve as it goes through the carpal tunnel, and this causes wrist pain. Acupressure involves the use of directed pressure to specific acupuncture points on the surface of the body.
- Insomnia: Insomnia is a sleep disorder. The Acupressure Points between your heel and anklebones (on both sides) have traditionally been used to relieve and prevent insomnia.
- Migraines: Acupuncture is used to effectively treat primary headaches, namely tension and migraine, which are the most common.