Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok WasanYour feedback matters!
It's been 3 days I have a difficulty in breathing and I have blocked nose and throat pain what should I do?
My mother is suffering from spondylitis. Since then, her neck is paining. Yesterday, she used hot water bag, she was relieved. Today (since last night) she is suffering from heavy dizziness. She is unable to sit, talk, walk. Its heavy for her to erect her forehead. Her blood pressure is too normal. How to cure this? How to cure spondylitis? Please help.
I think my sore throat has been started due bathing just after coming from outside. I bathed just to clean the sweating.
I suffer from sinusitis. Is surgery the only way to cure this problem? If not, how can I cure sinusitis?
My left nose was bleeding from past 3weeks, I taught it must be wound inside. Now again my right nose is bleeding. Due to which i face difficulty to breathe. What must be the cause which doctor should i look for since i reside at matunga. Please revert
Good morning doctor when I see my throat I can feel white patches inside, I feel difficulties in swallowing some times, what might be the cause, suggest a remedy.
From yesterday m facing pain while swallowing anything. I believe have caught up with tonsils. Have taken azithromycin 250gm (2 dose, yesterday night and today afternoon) flowed by betadine gargling. However m not seeing much improvement. Plse advise.
I am suffering from breathing problems When I run a little or walk I suffers in breathing I am of 16 in age and contains a large number of white hairs in fact my half of head is white I consulted doctor he told that I might be having SINUS but I checked symptoms of sinus on Internet but symptoms didn't match.
I have mennieres syndrome. I have fluctuating hear. I have severe mixed hearing loss in both the ears, esp left ear. Is there any treatment for this. Should I use hearing aids.
Csom in my right ear Male, 27 years I have csom in the middle ear. Hearing test is normal. Can it be treated? What will be its treatment. How much time is for its treatment?
What are the causes and symptoms of ear discharge?
Ear discharge is the phenomenon of fluids being expelled from the ear. This condition is also known as otorrhea.
The kinds of fluids that can be discharged from the ear range from blood to pus and other forms of bodily secretions. It is caused by a number of factors, which determine the exact nature of the condition and the diagnosis for treatment.
What are the causes of ear discharge?
Some forms of ear discharge are natural, such as ear wax which is produced by the body as a form of defense against external particles that may enter the ears. Other forms are unnatural and result from anomalies in the health system.
The causes of these include the following:
- Infections: This is the most common cause of ear discharge and occurs when bacteria and viruses infest the inside of the ear and lead to the secretion of fluids, which builds up in the middle ear or at the eardrum
- Swimmer’s Ear: This condition is also known as otitis externa and is caused by staying in water for prolonged periods. It results from excessive exposure to moisture that makes the walls of the ear canal to break down allowing bacteria and fungi to enter and infect the ear.
- Trauma: Excess pressure on the eardrum can cause it to rupture and discharge fluids. This happens due to a number of reasons such as exposure to loud explosive sounds or pressure from flying in aircrafts and scuba diving.
- Skull Injury: Damage to the bones behind the ear as a result of injury can also lead to ear discharge due to infection.
- Tonsillitis: Inflammation of tonsils may cause pain or a repeated infection in the ear leading to fluid discharge.
What are the symptoms associated with ear discharge?
Some of the symptoms of otorrhea are as follows:
- Abnormal and unusual secretion of fluids from the ear
- Swelling of the ear
- Partial or complete loss of hearing
- Pain and throbbing in the ear
- Accompanying signs such as fever and migraine
Diagnosis and treatment of the problem depend on the exact cause and nature of the condition, which also determines treatment and recovery time.