Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok TuliYour feedback matters!
Your kid's weight should be a real matter of concern for you. In today's world, the number of obese and overweight children is increasing at an alarming rate. Gaining excess weight and being obese poses the risk of numerous health problems in children. The disorders are diabetes, heart diseases, asthma and many others. Obese children face a lot of problems in their social lives, are teased and neglected. This causes lack of self-confidence and self-esteem in obese children. They develop a negative body image and depression. However, by taking proper measures, your child can regain normalcy. Eating disorders may also occur in obese children, and they are also likely to develop substance abuse habits.
The major medical conditions that an obese child can face are:
- Type 2 diabetes
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Problems in bones and joints
- Sleep disorders
- Liver and gall bladder disorders
Is your kid having the right weight?
The growth rate in children varies with time and stages. Hence, it is difficult to tell whether your kid is overweight. You should measure your child's BMI to find your answer. BMI or body mass index uses the height and weight measurements of a person to calculate the amount of body fat and is used for screening obesity problems. BMI is effective in general and provides accurate data. In some cases, it may be imperfect. In case your kid has a high BMI for age measurement, other assessments are made to detect obesity. The assessments include skin thickness measurement, diet evaluation, physical activity and family history.
How to check obesity in your kid?
In order to rectify obesity, a lot of changes must be made in a child's regular habits and schedule.
- Food patterns: You should feed your child a wide range of fruits and green, red, orange and yellow vegetables. Having a proper breakfast reduces chance of obesity and should not be avoided. Focus on healthy cereals and fruits. Other than reducing the intake of chocolates, desserts and fried junk food, food items containing hidden sugar should be avoided. Go for low sugar food items. The meal times of your child should be fixed, and this pattern should be followed. Also limit having outside food. Avoid foods, which contain trans fats.
- Physical exercise: Your child should be involved in regular physical exercise or workout. Let them go out of home and exert themselves, as this would keep them fit and away from obesity. For obese children, exercise will burn calories and help in losing weight.
Your kid's weight should really concern you. You should avoid your kid getting obese and make him/her follow all necessary precautions. In case you suspect obesity in your kid, get the BMI measured. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi. One of the girl parent were suffering from HIV disease. And they are no more now. Will that be spread to their children any time in their life? Will it affect the future generation?
I'm a breast feeding mom all of suddenly I got fever and cold, doc suggested not to feed baby until I get cured, but unfortunately the milk left over in my breast is paining a lot pls give me Solution urgent I can't handle this pain.
Hi I am 30 F from South India. For the past few years I am in depression and over stressed. I am not able to concentrate in office. I am very sensitive person. I always be true to everyone. But I feel people are not the same to me. After my son was born I lost everything. My husband has not got any job. I am taking care of the family for past few years. I feel I am a suffering to my parents too, I am second pregnant now. I am in total tension thinking of my financial crisis. People at office also do not help me at all. The thing is I cannot concentrate in office now. I lost interest in everything. Sometimes I feel to die, Please help me.
How to know that baby is having a good feed? She generally takes 1-2 hours of continuous feeds and sometimes even after taking feeds doesn't take sound sleep.
My baby is 9 month old. His teeth are coming out. He has 4 teeth. He has bitten me .I am not able to latch him please suggest something so that I can latch him again.
My mother is OK after a long treatment of MDR TB but now she has persistent dry/allergic cough. How can this cough be treated ? What are the options ? Thanks.
My boy baby is 7 months now. We are giving amul toned milk. My baby sosu bat karta hai thoadi thoadi dear baad sosu karta hai .plz suggest me.
Uterine fibroids are referred to as benign, abnormal growths which tend to develop in the uterine walls of a woman. The size of such growths can range from a few centimeters to even excess of a few inches. As such, they can cause the uterus to increase to the size of a five month pregnancy. Although, the symptoms of fibroids are not always apparent, they often cause heavy bleeding and pain in women. A recent research concluded that around 60 to 75 percent women contract such fibroids by the age of 50, at least once in their life.
Depending on the site of formation, uterine fibroids are distinguished into different types. Intramural fibroids in the lining of the uterus and subserosal fibroids which develop outside the uterus are the most commonly observed fibroids.
What causes Uterine Fibroids?
Although, the exact reason for the formation of fibroids are obscure, medical professionals have determined certain factors that may affect their formation. Some of them are:
1) Hormones: Progesterone and estrogen, produced by the ovaries regenerate the uterine lining during each menstrual cycle and trigger the growth of fibroids.
2) Family history: If you have had a family history of uterine fibroids, then you're likely to develop the condition yourself as well.
3) Pregnancy: The production of progesterone and estrogen increases during pregnancy which increases the likelihood of fibroids.
What are the signs of the condition?
Depending on the location and size of the tumors, symptoms of such fibroids include:
1) Heavy bleeding and blood clots during periods
2) Pain in the pelvis
3) Frequent menstrual cramps
4) Pressure and pain in the lower abdomen
5) Swelling in the abdomen
6) Pain while intercourse
What is the procedure of the treatment?
Ultrasound and pelvic MRI are common diagnostic procedures to check for uterine fibroids. After diagnosis, depending on your age, size of the fibroid and your comprehensive health, the doctor would prescribe you with appropriate medications. Only after medications prove futile, doctors opt for minimally invasive surgeries. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My new born baby have discharge from both eyes. Its appear as pale yellow. Please suggest good eye drops. Is it normal?
Most children dislike dentists and will make any excuse to not visit them until the pain of a cavity becomes too much to bear. A cavity can be described as a hole in the tooth caused by tooth decay. Cavities affect people of all ages, but are most commonly experienced by children. Cavities can affect both milk teeth and permanent teeth. The good news is that cavities can be easily prevented. Here are a few tips.
- Pregnant women and mothers can transfer cavity germs to the children. Thus, the first step to preventing cavities in children is for mothers to practice good oral habits by brushing and flossing daily along with a healthy diet. Visit a dentist regularly and get your teeth and gums properly cleaned and examined.
- Do not encourage your child to drink juices, sodas or other artificially sweetened drinks. When your child is an infant, do not fill his bottle with anything other than milk or water. Also, do not put your child to sleep with a bottle of milk or anything other than water. Once your child has brushed his teeth at the end of the day, he should have nothing with sugar in it. This is because saliva production decreases while sleeping and without enough saliva, teeth cannot protect themselves against mouth acids.
- Limit snacking between meals. This prevents the buildup of acids in the mouth and gives the mouth enough time to repair itself without causing damage to tooth enamel. Give your child a healthy, well-balanced diet. A diet rich in calcium, phosphorus, and proteins will help build strong teeth. Instead of sugary snacks, give your child let your child snack on fruits, vegetables, yogurt, cheese, nuts etc.
- Teeth can be cleaned as soon as they appear. Teach your child to brush their teeth twice a day with a pea-sized amount of a fluoride-based toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush. Brush your teeth along with your child to teach them the proper way of brushing and build a healthy habit.
- Get your child’s teeth regularly checked by a dentist. The dentist will be able to identify early signs of cavities that you may have missed along with other dental problems that may increase your child’s risk of cavities. He will also be able to check the growth and development of your child’s teeth. A child’s first dental visit should be before he celebrates his first birthday. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.
My daughter is 1 years 5 months old. She passed the loose stool in mustard color n I think with mucus also. please suggest me medicine. Passed two stools in 1 hr.
My 8 year son is 3'4" weight 15 kg studying in std. 2. Although he is active, he is poor eater. His all internal sonography reports are normal. All necessary supplements we are giving to him but no growth in weight or height. Is there and Herbal or Ayurveda result oriented product for his height and weight growth? Please let me know so that I can have some kind of relief.
Breastfeeding is advocated to be the only best thing for a newborn. But while it is the most natural thing to do, it isn't an easy process. It is challenging and full of surprises. Researches throw up facts that surprise all. For example: breastfeeding is like a shield against breast cancer.
Here are 3 such lesser known facts:
1. The milk contents - ever wondered what your baby thinks of the taste of your breast milk. Well, the fact is that your breast milk is tailor-made for your baby. From the taste to its benefits, it is a full course meal. When the feeding begins, the milk is watery. This is to quench the baby's thirst. Then the consistency thickens and the milk becomes higher in fat content. This meets your baby's electrolyte needs as well as energy requirement. Want to know something more amazing? through the day, your breasts milk's properties keep changing. By evening, it has higher sedating properties and helps the baby's body meet nutritional demands. This should explain that satisfied smile babies have when they sleep right after their feeds.
2. Variation in milk production - it is okay and natural if you feel you are lopsided. Many breastfeeding mothers feel that one breast is heavier than the other since it produces more milk. This is possible and happens a lot. Our body is not perfectly symmetrical between left and right. This applies to breasts as well and shouldn't be worried about. Because of this, milk production can also vary between both the breasts.
3. It causes weightloss - some women are known to lose their pregnancy weight by breastfeeding. Yes, this is also a lesser known fact. Breast milk happens to be a high calorie food which the baby literally sucks off the mother's body. This leads to shrinking of the mother's body.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Hello doctors My son is 45 days old and suffers from frequent hasli (color bone problem. How it is to be cured permanently? Had given him massage three times.
My daughter's third booster vaccination was on wednesday. Today there is swelling on injected part. What to do?
My girl child is 03 years old. She does not eat happily. We force eat her with very difficultly . Therefore she is very thin as compare to same age group child .What should I do?
Researchers have revealed that seven-month-old babies have basic social skills and can understand what their parents and relatives are up to..this study says small babies not only observe their surroundings but can also understand social interactions
The results provide evidence that directly links neural responses from the motor system to overt social behaviour in infants