Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok SinghYour feedback matters!
My child is of 3 years. He is having vomiting problem. Whenever he runs he start having cough and then he vomit. Whenever he is having cough 90% he vomit. We consulted many doctor but everybody is saying cough problem. We treated for the same but still problem is same.
Hi My baby is 19 mths old recently doctor had told to do ATCH test for my baby and her report says. ATCH is below 5 and normal range is 0 to 48 so what does it mean pls suggest.
My baby is 6months old. Between how much gap should I feed other semisolid food. For good health and weight gain.
My child is a 3 years a baby girl she is a normal child but she is so stubborn, but from past one week she is just blowing our minds with her stubbroness, she cross her hight of being stubborn, if she start become stubborn cry for alteast one hour , after becoming normal she feel headache, she will not listen anything and ask us to do nothing , for example - If we eat she ask us to stop eating, there are lots many instance , so will become so "Ziddi" from past one week so is doing twice a day or trice a day, we are very worried about our child , Need help on this suggest me whether we need to contact Pedio/child psychiatrist,
Diarrhea occurs when the body is expelling germs out of it. An episode of diarrhea can last anywhere from a couple of days to a week. Dehydration, cramps, vomiting, nausea and fever often accompany diarrhea. Usually, children tend to get diarrhoea more than adults.
Diarrhea treatment according to causes behind it
- Treating diarrhea due to infection: Some common causes of diarrhea include infection from rotavirus, salmonella (a type of bacteria) and rarely giardia (a type of parasite). In children, virus is a common cause of diarrhea. Besides watery or loose stools, viral gastroenteritis infection symptoms include fever, headache, stomach ache and vomiting. Gastroenteritis diarrhoea can last for 5-14 days. During this time, fluid loss must be prevented. In younger children, oral rehydration solution (ORS) or breast milk is enough. Just feeding them water won’t replenish the potassium, sodium and other nutrients they lose. Older children, to prevent fluid loss, can be given ORS and popsicles to counter dehydration and vomiting.
- Treating diarrhea due to medications: Antibiotics or laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the diarrhea is mild, make sure your child is hydrated. If the antibiotics are causing diarrhoea, you need to continue medication, but do consult a doctor immediately.
- Treating diarrhea due to food poisoning: When it comes to food poisoning induced diarrhea, the same method as countering infection-induced diarrhea should be followed. Keep your child hydrated and call your doctor.
Diarrhea and children - recognising dehydration
The most serious complication of diarrhea is dehydration, especially if the diarrhea is severe. Severe dehydration is critical as it can cause brain damage, seizure, even death. Your child may need immediate medical attention, if you notice the following symptoms:
- Light-headedness and dizziness
- Sticky, dark mouth
- Dark yellow urine
- No or few tears when crying
- Dry, cool skin
- Loss of energy
When should you visit a doctor
Diarrhea resolves within a few days, but it can have serious complications. Call your doctor if you notice signs such as:
1. Looks very sick
2. Diarrhea has persisted for more than 3 days
3. Your child is less than 6 months old
4. Your child is vomiting bloody yellow or green fluid
5. Seems dehydrated
6. The fever reads above 105 degree Fahrenheit
7. Bloody stools
9. Stomach pain persists for more than 2 hours
10. Infrequent urination
Sir/mam, what in homeopathy can I give to my son as nutritional supplements on daily or weekly basis to develop my child s healthy both physically and mentally.
My son is 3 years old his weight is only 12 kg is it proper for him if not pls suggest me a diet chart for him.
My child of 2 years not taking food. I am feeding her she is becoming thin.My doubt is whether my feeding is not sufficient or all are telling in the grown up stage children will become thin
Hello Dr. My son is 2 years old lately he has his right scrotum enlarged and pressurized with water. Is there a solution to cure this without going for the knife. Am very anxious please advise. Thank you.
Hi, I have a newborn baby boy who is 18 days old. My wife is not breast feeding him, she says that the child remains hungry with her provided feed. Hence, she has been feeding him with some powder milk product. The kid takes the preparation and vomits it for once or twice a day and on his tongue white residues remain. Please advice me what is to be done and how can I clean the residue on the tongue and prevent the vomiting, do I have any other substitutes. Rest there are no issues. Thanks Pawan Soni.
My son is 2 months old and has only breast milk. His poops are yellow color but it stinks and it is sticky. Also he does not poop everyday, he poops after two or three days.
About Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)