Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Speech Therapists in India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok NehraYour feedback matters!
I'm suffering from stuttering problem, all doctors said there is no solution. Can you please tell me any solution.
Hi, I am 35 years having stammering problem since birth and same have been improved a lot as I grown up. I am trying further to improve it but it still persist. Tried some of the advices like chanting, yoga etc. To improve but unable to see major effects. Need to overcome from this on immediately. Can anybody help me to recover from this problem.
Hi I am 19 yrs old and I have speech problem. I can't pronounce'r' clearly. When I'm with friends, it sucks. please tell me any remedies?
Sir, I am asking about my 2 months baby podiatrist tell heart beat combined with murmur sound. Is that anything serious? He told that consult with cardiactist doctor I went cardiologist they check and told she having normal heart beat no worry. Again went podiatrist for general check up again telling the same baby having some heartbeat with murmur sound so check after 3 or 4 months. Tell the reason for murmur sound what to do next?
1 yr. Ago, I had a very soft voice because of which most of the times people think that it's a girl on a phone although I am a boy. So, I strained my voice by Hardening it, Because of which my voice is very harsh & broken now. And I keep stuttering when I sing a song specially a rap song which was not at all a issue for me at that time. So, I just wanna know how can I improve my voice quality and Speak fluently, clearly and fast.
I am a engineering student. But I have stammering problem. That's why I can't speak throughly or properly. My mates make laugh on me. I can't attends lectures or group discussions. I get frustrated. Plsssssssss help me doctor.
Voice results from the air that comes out of the lungs and passes through the vocal cords. The latter is also known as the voice box. Speech results from the vibration of the chords. Voice disorder might occur for various reasons such as tone, pitch, and volume of the if the voice. The roots of all problems boil down to the malfunctioning of the cords.
Voice disorder examples:
- Laryngitis: Laryngitis results from the swelling of the vocal cords. It can lead to a temporary halt of voice or a voice with hoarseness. It often occurs due to a viral attack in the respiratory tract. It can last from a few days to a few weeks. The treatment suggested for cases like these include resting the voice and intake of a lot of fluids. Some common causes that are responsible for laryngitis are GERD, chronic cough, and asthma.
- Vocal cord paralysis: Paralysis of the vocal cord can be temporary or permanent. The possible cause of this scenario can be from viral infection, cancer, surgical injury to the nerve etc. In the case of a paralysis of the vocal cord, a person might find difficulty in breathing, can result in weak voice etc. While this condition improves for many people with voice therapy and surgery, for some they permanently lose their ability to speak.
- Spasmodic dysphonia: The vocal cord spasm due to a problem with the nerve. This condition can lead to a quivery, hoarse, groaning or jerky voice. In this condition, a person might find it easy to speak at times and have difficulty in speaking later. Botulinum toxin and speech therapy help to improve this condition.
Possible causes of voice disorders:
- Growth: Extra tissue formation on the vocal cords might stop the vocal cords to work properly leading to voice disorders. The growth can be treated with injection, medicine or surgery.
- Swelling and inflammation: Exposure to chemicals, vocal and alcohol abuse, surgery-related complications can lead to inflammation or swelling of the vocal cords resulting in voice-related problems.
- Hormone: Disorder of the male, female and thyroid hormone can lead to voice related disorders affecting speech.
Symptoms of voice disorders:
- The harshness of the voice
- Voice is breathy, weak and whispery
- The voice sounds like choppy or strained
- A quivering sound while speaking
- The voice sounds harsh or rough while speaking
Diagnosis of Voice related disorders:
Voice related disorders can be detected through a process known as Laryngoscopy. This helps a doctor to view the throat region and find out the possible culprit that may be causing the problem. Some other popular methods are stroboscopy, EMG and imaging tests such as MRI and X-Ray of the throat. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a speech-therapist.