Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Speech Therapists in India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Language Therapy Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Therapy Oral Language
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok NehraYour feedback matters!
My Age is 25 from Bangalore. I usually gets stammer/ stuttering frequently currently I'm working right now so it's very difficult for me to speak. Can any one suggest a treatment or methodology to reduce. If possible you can give me your appointment so that I can come.
I am 22 years old. And now I am still babble. I don't babble too much but only a word that is (r) that I can't say clearly. And I think that I can remove the babbling but I don't no how. Will you please tell me about the disease and the solution. I really want to stop babbling. Please help me.
One of my student was going to appear im examination but on the day of examination he was so much psychologically depressed, he couldn't speak a single word on that day. Still he is tge same condition. He is very intelligent and loves to give exams.
Hi, my daughter is 7 years old, she is having problem in pronouncing "sh" sound word like she says cash as cas or show as sow. She pronounce sh as s. Please suggest any medication or exercise to clear her voice.
Doctor, I don't know what's going on with me. M getting short tempered, some of my friends told me, my words polite less, rough. I speak always louder, which I can't control, please help me. I want to be a good person, please tell me what should I do to control my self.
Sir I am 17 year male. I am facing a lot of problem in my voice. I have bad voice. I cannot speak aloud because my voice just slips like. I am totally unable to speak aloud. I cannot say yes sir while attendance. I do not take phone calls because my friends tols me that my voice is like female voice while talking to anyone on phone call. So please tell what to so sir. please give me solution, so that my voice gets normal. And I could came out of this problem.
I daily try to spoke English. But I can't speak to other. What can I do? How can I spoke? Please given some ideas and help please.
Daily I have to talk and listen to my clients at my office. I use my voice a lot. But at the end of the day I feel pain in my throat. I hydrate throughout the day. Pls tell me what to do to improve my voice box and not to pain. I don't want to take medicine. Visited Dr. many times but didn't see much improvement. Thanks.
Sir, I am suffering from stammering since childhood age. Presently I am 27 years old and even suffering from severe stammering, due to which I am unable to find out suitable job for me. And In daily life stammering bothering me. I am in too much tension and need your help. Waiting for your reply hopefully.
I am a singer I have my competition on sundae wat shud I do to improve my voice quality I did ginger salt water gargle honey something new please.
Hello, Im a singer and sometimes my voice will shut me down. Is there any tips, foods,drugs to maintain my vocal chords healthy. Is there any kind of treatments for better voice?
Hi! Sir! My girlfriend has some throat problem. Her voice comes out with some disturbance. Her voice does not sound like a female voice. it is 20% of male voice mix with her (female) voice. Please guide me with the best solution. Please suggest some natural way. Thanks you!
My voice has changed ever since I went for a concert in January. I have to put extra effort to speak clearly or else my voice becomes very low and weird. I tried gargling with warm salt water but no use. Please advise for a solution.?
Voice results from the air that comes out of the lungs and passes through the vocal cords. The latter is also known as the voice box. Speech results from the vibration of the chords. Voice disorder might occur for various reasons such as tone, pitch, and volume of the if the voice. The roots of all problems boil down to the malfunctioning of the cords.
Voice disorder examples:
- Laryngitis: Laryngitis results from the swelling of the vocal cords. It can lead to a temporary halt of voice or a voice with hoarseness. It often occurs due to a viral attack in the respiratory tract. It can last from a few days to a few weeks. The treatment suggested for cases like these include resting the voice and intake of a lot of fluids. Some common causes that are responsible for laryngitis are GERD, chronic cough, and asthma.
- Vocal cord paralysis: Paralysis of the vocal cord can be temporary or permanent. The possible cause of this scenario can be from viral infection, cancer, surgical injury to the nerve etc. In the case of a paralysis of the vocal cord, a person might find difficulty in breathing, can result in weak voice etc. While this condition improves for many people with voice therapy and surgery, for some they permanently lose their ability to speak.
- Spasmodic dysphonia: The vocal cord spasm due to a problem with the nerve. This condition can lead to a quivery, hoarse, groaning or jerky voice. In this condition, a person might find it easy to speak at times and have difficulty in speaking later. Botulinum toxin and speech therapy help to improve this condition.
Possible causes of voice disorders:
- Growth: Extra tissue formation on the vocal cords might stop the vocal cords to work properly leading to voice disorders. The growth can be treated with injection, medicine or surgery.
- Swelling and inflammation: Exposure to chemicals, vocal and alcohol abuse, surgery-related complications can lead to inflammation or swelling of the vocal cords resulting in voice-related problems.
- Hormone: Disorder of the male, female and thyroid hormone can lead to voice related disorders affecting speech.
Symptoms of voice disorders:
- The harshness of the voice
- Voice is breathy, weak and whispery
- The voice sounds like choppy or strained
- A quivering sound while speaking
- The voice sounds harsh or rough while speaking
Diagnosis of Voice related disorders:
Voice related disorders can be detected through a process known as Laryngoscopy. This helps a doctor to view the throat region and find out the possible culprit that may be causing the problem. Some other popular methods are stroboscopy, EMG and imaging tests such as MRI and X-Ray of the throat. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a speech-therapist.