Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok MittalYour feedback matters!
I had unprotected sex .and I even confirmed I did not ejaculated in her vagina. Then I again continued. I do not want to take risk .please help.
I got married and enjoyed many times but my wife got 13 days late her periods what is the reason any problem.
It is very vital to prevent the onset of disease, before it can turn your life upside down. One of the most popular forms of alternative medicine, Unani stresses on the importance of prevention of diseases. Here are the six essential prerequisites that have been laid down by the Unani system for promotion of good health and overall well-being:
- Air: Good and clean air is vital in order to maintain good health. Today, many people are affected with several diseases due to excessive levels of pollution in our environment. A famous Arab physician named Avicenna once stated that a change in environment relieves the patients of many diseases. Unani medicine emphasizes the need for open and airy houses with a proper system of ventilation to keep diseases at bay.
- Food and drinks: You are what you eat and drink. So, make healthy choices in your diet to stay disease-free. The Unani system recommends intake of freshly prepared food, free from putrefaction. It specializes in prescribing diets according to the health condition of the individual.
- Bodily movement and repose: Physical movement and staying active is also very important to maintain good health. Unani medicine continuously stresses on the importance of exercise that helps the growth of muscles, increases blood supply, and maintains proper functioning of the excretory system.
- Psychic movement and repose: The Unani system has extensively documented the impact of psychological factors on our well-being. Happiness, sorrow, anger and stress play a key role in the treatment and prevention of disease. In fact, there is a separate branch of psychological treatment in Unani medicine that helps to deal with it.
- Sleep and wakefulness: Sleep provides rest, both physically and mentally. Lack of it can cause fatigue, digestive disturbances and mental weakness. A normal sleep time and active time of wakefulness are advocated for good health.
- Evacuation and retention: The waste products of the body must be properly excreted and all the essential nutrients should be retained in the blood flow. Without proper functioning of the excretory system, toxins build up in the body, leading to sickness and disease.
These essential prerequisites, referred to as Asbab-e-Sitta Zarooriya, are given utmost importance in Unani medicine. This system employs these basic principles in their therapy, which constitutes of the following:
- Diet therapy – Regulation of quantity or quality of food
- Regimental therapy – Takes care of evacuation of waste material from the body using various means
- Pharmacotherapy – Use of natural drugs and combinations in their formulations with minimal side effects
My wife monthly periods are coming in 40 to 45 days, please advise why it not coming on time. And white thick liquid comes out in normal days, please advise what is the reason for that, is it any problems.
My father about 60 years old and also a diabetic patient. He planned a trip to kashmir. There are so many distance cover by walking. I want to know some medicine name for body, waist,leg pain relief. Pls suggest some medicine with less side effect with dosage, pts has diabetes.
My name is Lakshmmi Aparna. My age is 30, my husband age is 35. I got my periods on March 4. I am trying to conceive for almost 9 months. My health is good. My medical reports also normal. Can you suggest me any fertility medicine for conception?
Going thru ovulation study. Clomiphene citrate day 3 to 7, Hmg 75 on day2 and day 4. Today its 9th day- 11×10mm in right ovary & 5×6mm in left ovary. endometrium-5.3mm (my extra from day 2 to15) What to do? My doctor ask me to go for another ultrasound on day 12 to see if 11×10mm egg reaches maturity. But she didn't gave me another hmg injection today as the follicles are not dominant? So this cycle is a waste?
My wife tried ovulation test kit for continuous 5 days at a particular time from day 10 to day 15 of monthly period. But no positive results came. So we r worried a little. Is there any major issue?
I have a three month old daughter. She keeps passing loose watery stools around ten twelve times a day. She is only getting mother's milk. I have tried to change my diet, drink more water, less water, nothing seems to help. My doctor says just wait, it'll be alright when she starts semi solid foods. She is getting a bad rash in the area that's not healing because stools are continuously coming. What should I do?
An unmarried female of 21 years old has breasts which are very small in size. Also she has problem of irregular periods with delay of 1.5 months or more. What could be the reasons. What is the treatment?
I am getting married in a month, I am not planning kids for latest nest 2 years, what will be the best possible way to avoid pregnancy for long term. I have heard about a procedure where in a spring kind of thing will be inserted to avoid pregnancy.
Hi there. I am a 19 year old girl and want to know about something. It's about white discharge from past 4 days when I wake up in the morning the white discharge is flowing in quantity and it's happening only in the mornings not the whole day. Is it normal or not?. If not then what's the issue?. Let me know, I really wanna know it's getting difficult for me.
I hv white discharge from my vagina h it's smells. Is this discharge bad for health. N how to get rid of its smell?
A collection of symptoms typically occurring between ovulation and menses (discharge of blood and from the uterus) is defined as premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Premenstrual syndrome symptoms can either be physical or emotional.
Physical symptoms and signs include:
- Muscle or joint pain
- Weight gain due to fluid retention
- Bloated abdomen
- Breast tenderness
- Acne breakouts
- Diarrhoea or constipation
While other behavioural and emotional symptoms include:
- Anxiety or tension
- Depressed mood
- Crying spells
- Anger or irritability and mood swings
- Food cravings and appetite changes
- Social withdrawal
- Poor concentration
Causes: The exact cause of PMS is unknown. But there are several contributing factors, such as:
- Cyclic hormonal changes: The hormones oestrogen and progesterone fluctuate a lot while preparing for a normal menstrual cycle. This fluctuation causes some of the symptoms of PMS.
- Chemical changes: The fluctuation of serotonin, a kind of neurotransmitter (brain chemical), affects the mood, which causes some of the emotional symptoms of PMS. For instance, insufficient serotonin triggers premenstrual depression, insomnia, food cravings and fatigue.
- Depression: If the PMS symptoms are severe, depression could be the underlying cause, though it doesn't usually trigger all of the symptoms.
Treatment: There is no permanent cure for PMS, but a few lifestyle changes and home remedies can work very well for you. Some treatment options include:
- To ease abdominal bloating, drink lots of fluids
- Eat a balanced diet comprised of plenty of vegetables and fruits. Reduce your alcohol, caffeine, salt and sugar intake.
- You can take supplements such as magnesium, calcium, vitamin B-6 and folic acid to reduce mood swings and cramps.
- Take vitamin D supplements to relieve symptoms
- Sleep for at least eight hours in the night to counter fatigue
- Exercise to improve your emotional health and reduce bloating
- Try to reduce your stress as much as you can; read a book or walk to relieve some stress.
Besides, these lifestyle changes, you can take over-the-counter medications such as aspirin and ibuprofen to reduce stomach cramps, muscles aches and headaches. Diuretics (drugs that increase urination) are excellent treatments for bloating and fluid retention. However, consult your doctor before consuming any medication or supplement.