Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok MittalYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 24 year old male. I need suggestion regarding my issue. Few days back I was having sex with a sex worker and in between my condom torn so what should I do.
I have first time intercourse on 20th dec with my boyfrnd. Does it cause pregnancy? I have period on 27th of Nov. But till now I dint have my periods. If it cause what is the remedy for that?
Hello doctor am 25 years old. I have been married since two years and now we are getting ready for the family planing, so for that we had made a pre-conceptional visit with our doctor and she had checked my BP and had given few tests like Hb, Thyroid profile, FBS/PPBS and Rubella Ag Test. So the other test results were normal except the Bp (132/88 for the first visit and 130/92 for the second visit) & Rubella Ag Test that gave a non reactive result within a range of 9.30 and advised me to take the vaccination (R-Vac) on my second day of the menstrual cycle and reminded me to Not to get pregnant within 1 month. For the HT my doctor suggested me to meet a physician so for that I met a consultant physician so he checked my BP and it was normal. But for clearance of vaccination I asked him about the rubella ag test so he advised me that after getting the vaccination, I should Not get pregnant for minimum 6 months, since its a live attenuated vaccine so it may take time. So Doctor my question is how long should I not plan for the pregnancy after vaccination? Is it 6 months or 1 month? Is there any specific date for the vaccination as mentioned above (the second day of menstrual cycle)? Or any time?
Hello doc. I have irregular periods which is last for 15 to 20 days . N my virginal is smelling some time . My weight is also very much . What to do ?
I am 22 years old I am married I am have no child I like to have pregnant please give helpful advice and balanced diet please reply me.
Am 19 years girl. I got matured at the age of 12 from that time white discharge s there but nowadays it's increased. Inner wear gets full wet and I feel uncomfortable. Itching. And burning. Can you please suggest me to reduce white discharge.
To get pregnant what to do? please tell me clearly. I am 30 years and my husband 34 years old. We went hospital and do follicular study eggs ruptured. For my husband we do sperm count it shows the result 50. So, tell me the clear solutions.?
I am 22 years female. I am having one and a half month baby. I must go to work. If I cant feed my baby breast cancer will occur or not? please answer me. I dont know to take decision?
My friend had unprotected sex! On 20th day of it's mensuration cycle! How to prevent birth there has been 6 days since she had sex!
My AMH is 0.780 and FSH is 13.40.Is there any chance for me to get pregnant? ?am very worried. please help me.
If I took pills for unwanted pregnancy ,then it will reduce my further pregnancy chances? Is it true?
I am 21 and my weight is 80 and it is increasing day by day specially tummy fat I dnt eat dat much of outside food also dn also it is increasing so plzz suggest me some home remedy for reducing specially my tummy fat and diet chart and exercises and also I am not getting periods on time.
Pregnancy is a normal life function that many women go through. Yet, this is a function or a part of life where one has to take special care of one’s health and condition as there are many biological changes that happen in one’s body. Swollen legs and ankles are a common part of one’s pregnancy. This condition is most commonly known as edema and it usually occurs when fluid collects in the tissue. This in turn happens when the blood chemistry changes and the fluid gets routed to the tissue. This is a common occurrence due to the hormonal changes that one goes through during pregnancy. The condition usually troubles pregnant ladies during their third trimester.
Read on to find out the various ways in which one can deal with it.
- When to consult a doctor: Consult a doctor or a midwife for a thorough check up if you happen to see any puffiness or swelling in your face and eyes. This could point at a more serious problem like the onset of preeclampsia. Also, if you happen to notice that one leg is more swollen than the other, then you may want to see a doctor about it, as it could mean that there is a blood clot in the leg.
- Put your feet up: This is especially important if you are at a desk all day. The best way to deal with such swelling is to put your feet up every once in a while, so that the swelling may reduce. You can use a foot stool or even a pile of books for this purpose.
- Breaks: If you are constantly sitting or lying down, it would be a good idea to give it a break and walk around a little so that there is better blood circulation. This also keeps the blood from pooling into the lower regions of the legs, which can prevent an increase in the swelling.
- Comfortable footwear: One should stick to flat and comfortable footwear with an even elevation as well as foam soles so that the comfort level while walking and standing is optimum. Choose your shoes so that they can accommodate your swelling instead of pinching your feet. Also, you can choose to wear snug socks and stockings, which will form a band around your feet. This will ensure that the swelling does not increase to a painful level. At the same time, you must avoid socks that have bands, which are too tight as this may lead to blood pooling and subsequent swelling in the legs and ankles.
- Water: Drinking plenty of water ensures that there is less fluid retention. This is one of the best ways of fighting edema whether or not you are pregnant.
Have you given birth to a newborn of late? Or, are you expecting to be a new mother in a couple of months? Whatever the trigger you surely know how motherhood brings about a huge lot of changes within and without. Motherhood, as a gratifying experience gradually works on our view of the world. It significantly shapes perspectives of people closely related to us. Such changes are internal and go way deeper in deciding the kind of parenthood you are ready for. The more obvious changes are however not satisfying. Many women find it strenuous to accept how their body changes every passing week. There are other disadvantageous health issues an expecting woman is known to face. From headaches, to hormonal imbalances, to back pain and fatigue; they face it all. Reportedly, the most prevalent yet distressing problem among pregnant women is that of hypertension. Causal factors leading to hypertension could be many; it is necessary to get diagnosed before your condition is too acute to tackle.
How can you regulate hypertension to keep healthy while pregnant:
- Addiction is a complete no-no: If you are addicted to smoking or drinking, you should stop immediately. Your bad habits can increase your blood pressure by a high percentage. You must also abstain from taking other banned drugs.
- Obesity is a major concern: Some people think obesity to be a sign of health during pregnancy. It is important to be strong and healthy, but excess of adipose tissues is really not required. Obesity can also lead to miscarriages. Even if you feel like binge eating, stick to a nutritious diet and avoid irregular food habits. The kind of food you take also determines your blood flow. It is better to eat food that has a low level of sodium.
- Indulge in physical activities: Routine workouts and moderate household activities that do not involve exertion must be done by all pregnant women. Exercise helps in circulating blood properly. It effectively betters your condition of hypertension. Consult a healthcare provider for good advice.
- Twins or triplets: If you are carrying more than one baby, you are at a higher risk of suffering from hypertension as your body is making adjustments to added stress. In such a case one needs to take medications to control blood pressure following the advice of a doctor.
- If you are above forty: Pregnant women over the age of forty are more likely to develop one of the four kinds of hypertension typically faced during childbearing. Since, at this age your body has already started degenerating you might be lacking in vitamins. Vitamin supplements, especially the intake of enough folic acid is strongly recommended.