Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok MittalYour feedback matters!
What is computed tomography?
Computed Tomography is more commonly known as CT scan. It is a specialized form of X-ray. Computed Tomography is a non-invasive diagnostic procedure. CT scan provides concise images of different body parts and can also divulge any internal bleeding or injury during emergency situations. It is absolutely painless and is known to provide accurate information.
How does it work?
The patient is required to lie down on a table which is then passed through an opening, circular in structure. The radiations are rotated inside the CT scan machine for processing the images of the required body parts.
Benefits of Computed Tomography
- Computed Tomography helps in the identification of any benign (tumor) or malignant (cancer) growth in any part of your body.
- The procedure can be conducted for different body parts such as the head, abdomen, spine and chest among many others.
- The images provide much detailed information. It contains information regarding the condition of blood vessel, soft tissue and bones.
- Various bones and muscular disorders are also identified via Computed Tomography.
- Radiation therapy or biopsy can be carried out with the aid of Computed Tomography.
Risk factors associated with Computed Tomography
- If a person is allergic to Iodine (a dye used in the process), then it must be informed to the doctor beforehand to avoid further complications such as itching, nausea or vomiting.
- At times, kidney functions may get disrupted.
- The radiation emitted during CT scan is known to be harmful, especially for children.
- The dye used for conducting CT scan can cause allergic reaction that can be life-threatening.
At times the doctor may advise anti-allergic drugs to patients who are allergic to the dyes used in the process. CT scan is otherwise a very safe procedure for diagnosing various diseases.
I am having my periods for only 2 days from past 8-9months. Is it normal or I need to consultant a doctor
1. They are an excellent source of folate. Strawberries are an amazing source of folate (the folic acid found in food). Inadequate amounts of folate in the aging population can contribute to atherosclerosis, vascular disease and even a decline in cognitive function. Medications used for conditions like rheumatoid arthritis can actually deplete folic acid in the body, so stock up on strawberries to replenish!
2. They could reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. Strawberries are being studied for their unique ability to suppress the inflammatory responses of the body and reduce our risk of hypertension by lowering ldl cholesterol. A 2013 study published in circulation found women who ate three or more servings of strawberries and blueberries in a week reduced their risk of heart attack by 32 percent.
3. There's more than enough vitamin c. Strawberries contain more than 100 percent of our daily recommended intake of vitamin c in just one cup. Recent studies show that when vitamin c is consumed during times of stress, it actually has the ability to decrease our blood pressure to a normal level, preventing the development of hypertension especially in kids.
4. They are a great source of fibre. Strawberries are high in fibre, which is important for moving food through your digestive system and helping bowel movements. This can help improve digestion, especially for those with constipation or irregular stools.
5. They are high in antioxidants. Strawberries contain anthocyanin, which is a powerful antioxidant that protects us from the damaging effects of our environment, especially the sun. The antioxidant power of the anthocyanins found in strawberries lasts up to 24 hours after consumption; this makes them a great defence against free radical damage.
Hi mam . I am planning for pregnancy but not getting conceive. I have met doctor too. But no prblm in all test. Help me to get good diet food that helps pregnancy.
I am 18 years old girl and I am suffering with irregularity in my monthly period. Tell me please what cam be the reason.
I'm 43 years old woman. Since last 1 year i'm having irregular mens. Cycle. At present cycle came on 13th may2015. After that no m. C. I checked for pregnancy test also 1 month ago. It was negative. Please Give me correct suggestion.
Hello Doctor, I was using Novelon tablet for my hormone imbalance problem as suggested by doctor. I have been suggested to take this medicine for 2 months. I finished 1st month (21tab) course on 13th mar 16. On 19th mar I had my period and it is still have bleeding. But as suggested by doctor I should have started the 2nd month course after 9 days i. E 23rd mar, but I have still bleeding. Should I start the 2nd month course or should wait for till bleeding stops, then start. Please suggest. Thanks Rekha Subudhi.
After 6 months of my discourage I wanted to conceive n I visited to the doctor she prescribed me 3 types of medicine that is (intafol D, goodova n consevel) bt I cldnt cncv after that I vstd again the dctr she suggested me to do a sonography bt I was nt stsfd wid the dctr then i vstd to another doctor and I told my history then she examined me n she prescribed me duphaston 10 mg n also she told me that if you were nt cncvng then you do HSG. N I do it n my report is "uterus is of normal size. Its outline is smooth. Few filling defects are seen during due to air bubbles from both the tubes. Normal spillage of contrast is seen from both the tubes. Impression:normal study" so I wntd to knw do I conceive or not or is there any problem of HSG report. please reply me fast bcoz i'm very worried.
I married recently my wife 2nd itself created problem n told me I am avoiding I am not taking care of her n while sleeping I should turn to her side n sleep. 3rd I was suffering from severe headache she disturbed me n I told don't disturb for that she cried. Yesterday while from out of station my wife elder brother asked her any good news I told to my wife hello this is not joke intercourse I have done it vil take time, but she is not listening n she want baby immediately. Please give me gud answer for intercourse so that I vil show to my wife.
I have lots of pain in my period time Sometime I'm suffering from fever. And I have a tumor in my breast (lymph nodes category 2 according to my mammography report) Size of tumor is 3 c. M. What should I do?
Before starting out for a walk, relax and take a deep breath and fill your lungs with fresh air which will move them into their most efficient position. After you exhale, maintain the chest in this position with shoulders down and slightly back throughout the walk.
Mujhe 7 days se vegina me bahut jyada khujli ho rahi hai iska kya reason hai. please koi medicine ya gharelu upaye batye. Ya koi medicine jo local market me milti ho. please me bahut pareshan hu is khujli se. please fast reply me.
Gallstones are bits of solid material that may be formed in the gall bladder. The gallbladder is a little organ located under the liver. You won't not know you have them until they've block your bile duct, causing pain that will need immediate medical intervention, and even hospitalisation in some cases.They may comprise of cholesterol, salt, or bilirubin, which consists of red platelets. Gallstones vary in size. They can be as little as a grain of sand or as even the size of an apricot in many cases.
Women are more likely to develop gallstones than men. Read on to know more:
Causes: There are a number of causes for this condition, especially in women. These causes are as follows:
- Intake of anti-conception medication pills, hormone trade treatment for menopause side effects, or pregnancy
- Malfunctioning of the gall bladder
- High cholesterol levels
- Gallstones may be created when there is excessive amount of cholesterol in the bile discharged by the liver. This bile normally separates the cholesterol and helps in the normal functioning of the liver and other digestive organs of the body.
- Bilirubin: Bilirubin is a substance created when your liver wrecks old red platelets. A few conditions, like cirrhosis of the liver and certain blood issues causes the liver to create more bilirubin than it ought to. This can lead to complicated conditions like gallstones.
- Bile: Your gallbladder needs to exhaust bile to be sound. In the event that it discharges its bile content, the bile turns out to be excessively thick which causes stones to shape.
- Weight: Being overweight or underweight can also cause a malfunction which can lead to the appearance of such stones. The diet also has a bearing in such cases.
- A yellowish tint in your skin or eyes, which can demonstrate jaundice
- Sickness or retching
- Clay coloured stools
- Pain in the right upper quadrant of your stomach area
- Other digestive issues
Numerous individuals with gallstones may be asked to go through surgery to remove the gallbladder. These include the following:
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy: The specialist passes instruments, a light, and a camera through a few little cuts in the midsection.
- Open cholecystectomy: The specialist makes bigger cuts in the belly to expel the gallbladder. You may have to spend a couple days in the hospital after the operation.
- Without getting operated: If you have a mild condition and your specialist feels you shouldn't have an operation, he may recommend medicines like chenodiol, ursodiol, or both. These medications work by dissolving cholesterol stones. One may experience mild loose motions as a side effect.