Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok MittalYour feedback matters!
My period is on 17 of dis month, I didn't get implantation bleeding, but I have abdominal cramps& heavy breasts, feeling tired. So DAT I feel as pregnant, shall I grant it or not, as I had sex with my husband from 2nd to 9th of dis month. I have 32 days cycle regularly.
Hi I had C sec delivery on 5th October since then I had a heavy bleeding for first 3-4 days then just spotting but from 5th Nov I started bleeding heavily thinking my no4mal period has started as my last lmp was 4th Jan but it's now 5th day and I am still bleeding heavy not sure if this is normal or anything to worry please suggest.
I am not having my periods since 3 months. I don't know what the problem is. I am not pregnant. Pls give some suggestions.
I am 35 weeks pregnant but my gestational age is 33 weeks 1 day n my Dr. advise me to take argiprime sachet is this helpful to growth my baby or. It is useful to the position of anterior in upper segment. Can anterior position in upper segment will be normal delivery or c section. please adv. I am too much worried.
What is the best time of intercourse in case of healthy fertilisation if the partner has variable length of menstruation cycle.
Hello Dr. my monthly periods are for 5 days before but this time I have period for only 3 days. I want to is it normal? O m 35 years old please guide me. V.
My wife is 14 weeks now. We have done NT and double marker test and it was 1.6 and the risk for downs came low but the doc who had done US say one side she could see the NB amd other side she could not. Can this be a likely scenario. We are so much worried for downs.
Which time is correct for having sex without condoms. She doesn't want pregnancy. So please tell me which time is perfect having sex with my partner. I hope that you will give me prefect advise. Thanks.
Doctor my wife Rani had her periods last month on 19th december, from that date till today she has not started her periods yet, please tell me what can be the problem with my wife.
Hello sir. My wife is 2.5 month pregnant. And she wants to sex for aone times. But I feel fear. Is it safe to intercourse during pregnancy. What precautions I have to follow during pregnancy.
My period date is 30th january. I took i-pill in 20 minutes of having unprotected sex on 25th january. So please tell me that when will I get in period?
Namasty sir, I am 25 years old and I am female. Yesterday I did sonography but I have a problem I am not understanding the meaning of minimum free fluid in POD and in utres 7.5×4.3×3.3 cm or BT=6.7 mm.
I am 26 year married woman I feel so irritation after sex . I am pregnant of 3 month. What can I do ?
She is pregnant and has a habit of late nite sleeping from the very beginning. Actually she likes to enjoy it she likes to sleep in the morning. So I suggested her not to do that she can't changed her habit yet. Is it really a bad thing for for her and her unborn baby? She also likes to eat chat, alphonso mangoes. Give right guidance whether she can continue wit it or drop these habits.
To combat the chances of achy joints, inflammation, arthritis and other bone-related problems later, include these superfoods to your diet and make bones healthy right now.
1) The Milk: Calcium intake is foremeost for strong bones, and the best source of calcium is obviusly milk. Milk also contains nutrients like potassium, magnesium, riboflavin, phosphorus, and vitamins D and B12 which are equally important for healthy bones. Adults can try drinking two glasses of milk daily. Children and teenagers must try having more.
2) Cheese: Cheese is a storehouse of calcium, as well as vitamins D, A, B12, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, riboflavin and protein. All these nutrients are desired for stronger bones. Also, cheese is an excellent source of calcium for people who are lactose intolerant. Any kind of cheese - cheddar, Swiss, mozzarella, goat, Parmesan and your favourite cottage cheese or paneer consumed daily may go in a long way to keep you bone strong.
3) Curd: Curd or yogurt again is a rich source of calcium, vitamins D, A and B12, potassium, magnesium, riboflavin, phosphorus and protein. While milk might not suit everybody, curd, being fermented product, is easily digested too. A bowl of curd each day must be a part of your daily intake.
4) Tofu: Tofu is soy-based food that contains high amount of calcium and plant-based chemicals called isoflavones, which promote bone health. Tofu is also a safe bet for people who are lactose intolerant or avoid dairy products.
5) Sesame Seeds: Sesame seeds are ideal for bone strength. They contain important nutrients such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and vitamins K and D. It can be regularly had along with flax seeds to increase the nutrient intake.
6) Spinach: Spinach is not only commonly available but also the richest in calcium content. It is a good souce of vitamin K, fiber, iron, potassium, magnesium and vitamins A and C – which makes it a complete health package. You can combine it with the following vegetables for additional fortification cabbage, kale, broccoli to enhance your bone health.
Click on Consult Privately to ask me a private question on this topic or a related one.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
I have a growth on the tip of my pubic .is it dangerous my doc told me to. Operate it but its no pain .and pep teat shows no negative results. please advise is there any oral therapy.
4 Benefits of being a vegan
Being a vegan is not a fad diet. It's also a personal philosophical and lifestyle choice. A person may choose to become a vegan because of environmental factors, health factors, and other ethical reasons. What differentiates a vegan from a vegetarian is the fact that a vegan not only doesn't eat meat or other animal products but doesn't use any other animal products or by-products whatsoever, such as dairy products, leather, eggs, honey, wool, silk, fur etc.
Good News is that adopting such a lifestyle can be an entry into a world of better health.
Some of the health benefits of being a vegan are:
1) Improved mood - Edible and dietary sources of food from animals are rich in arachidonic acid, and research has concluded a relationship linking mood disturbances with arachidonic acid. It has been also found that restricting the consumption of meat, fish and poultry can lead to mood improvements. Vegetarian diets are not rich in this acid and, thus, they may help in uplifting your general mood.
2) Can reduce chance of diabetes by up to 50% - According to a research by Loma Linda University School of Public Health, a vegan diet can lead to a drastic reduction in the prevalence of diabetes. A vegan diet also helps in the management of diabetes as well as helps to reduce the likelihood of contracting diabetes by 50%.
3) Lower cholesterol - Eating animal fat doesn't have any benefit. Instead, it can have harmful health effects. Thus, it's not surprising that once animal fats are removed from your diet, it can lead to a healthier lifestyle. After studying the long-term effects of following a vegetarian diet, researchers in Korea have concluded that body fat and cholesterol tend to lower in vegans than those who follow a non-vegetarian diet.
4)Reduced risk of stroke and obesity - Vegans, in general, have a lower chance of binge eating and choosing to eat food out of emotions; this is because they follow a strict diet. These two factors, which contribute to obesity, are mostly observed in non-vegetarians and very rarely in vegans.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.