Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok MalhotraYour feedback matters!
I have headache bodyache and severe fever along with cough and chest pain. Please help me out Thanks.
I am sleeping 6 to 7 hours n their is no any significant event happened with me so what is the reason behind feeling tired n body paining.
Are you prone to slipped disc problem? + the ideal way to treat it
A slipped disc, also known as a prolapsed disc or herniated disc, is the term given to the phenomenon that occurs when a cartilaginous disc found between the vertebrae in the spine becomes slightly displaced or protrudes, thereby pressing on the nerves in the adjacent areas and causing back pain.
This happens when the soft inner part of the disc, known as nucleus pulposus, bulges out through a weakness in the exterior part of the disc. A prolapsed disc usually occurs in the lower region of the spine and can be of varying sizes. There might even be the development of inflammation around the disc in some cases.
Who is likely to get affected?
Most cases of herniated disc occur in patients between the ages of 30 and 50. The number of men affected is twice as many as the number of women.
Although the root cause of this problem is not yet known, there are a number of factors that may trigger it. These factors include working at a job that requires a lot of lifting, an occupation that involves remaining in a seated position for a long time, weight-bearing sports, obesity, smoking habits and increasing age.
Effective ways of treating the problem
The different methods that are commonly used to treat the problem are:
- Medications - There are many different kinds of medicines that are effective in providing relief. These include painkillers, muscles relaxants, anti-inflammatory pills, etc.
- Spinal injections - A number of spinal injections are used to treat slipped discs. The injection is done at the opening where the inflamed nerve roots are found and reduces pain, swelling and irritation in the area.
- Radiofrequency ablation - This procedure makes use of an electrical current produced by radio waves to reduced pain and sensitivity in the affected area.
- Ozone discectomy - As opposed to the surgical removal of the prolapsed disc, this new process makes use of an ozone-oxygen mixture that is injected into the spine to treat the problem. Many international studies have proved its superiority to traditional methods and surgeries.
Those affected by this problem are advised to keep exercising and continuing with their everyday activities as best as possible.
I am 20 year old male. I had a fever and body ache last 2 month I have done all the treatment. But body ache sometime the fever in the body I feel and I sleep early as soon as possible just due to pain in the body.
Hello Dr. I'm 30 yrs. I have 1.6 months old baby, from last few months I have heavy body aches and tiredness also every now and then I get itching and rashes on my face and some times pain in my abdomen, specially when I control my urine after my sleep in the morning or If I sleep at one side straight, lift or right .all my reports were normal (thyroid, stools and scanning) last month I had done my vitD test and as per d report the internist said I have very less vitD (13.9)and prescribed me vitaD 50000 and calcium tab, I feel little better these days but not completely, I still have pain in my baby. Is this normal or do I have to consult the doctor again if yes then which specialists should I consult please suggest me. Also prescribe the medication.
I wants to tell you about the problem of body pain and this problem two year more doctor consult and treatment but not relief this problem please tell me my problem solution?
Stress bahot Jada rahne lags hai. Body pain kya isi karan rahta hai? And physically immunity bhi down lagti hai. Apke pass in sabke lie kya ilaj hai.
I am 27 years old. I am suffering from CFS and body ache. Sometimes having shortness of breath. I am addicted to alcohol and tobacco chewing. sometimes I had depressed mood. Symptoms: Hair Loss. Muscle cramps. Not interest in physical activity. Mood swing.
Physiotherapy is an effective way to reduce various kinds of body pains. Physiotherapy includes massages, exercises, and heat treatments to relieve pain. This treatment is often recommended as the first option to treat back and neck pain. Physiotherapy is also used to rehabilitate patients after surgery. Different kinds of exercises included in this treatment are also useful to treat sports injuries. Here are some steps that you can take to relieve your body pain incorporating physiotherapy.
- Get appropriate help - It is important to properly diagnose your condition before going for physical therapy. Seek help from a professional and if he/she recommends physiotherapy then only opt for the treatment.
- Reduce your severe pain before exercising - If you are in immense pain, work to alleviate the pain before engaging in exercises. Cold/ hot therapy, massage, manual manipulation are some of the methods that can slowly reduce the pain. These are all part of physical therapy.
- Exercise - Exercising has numerous health benefits including relieving back pain. As you age, your back tends to get weaker; it is important to workout to prevent future backaches. Stretching, strengthening and low- impact aerobics are ideal for this issue.
- You can also try water therapy as water has a therapeutic effect on pain and makes your movements much easier than on land.
- Observe your body's reaction to physical therapy - When you have just had a back or neck pain episode and try physical therapy you will feel some initial discomfort, it is expected. After you acclimatize yourself with the routine all kinds of pain will gradually diminish. The initial pain due to physiotherapy is caused because your muscles are stiff and they are being stretched the way they are not used to. However if the pain gradually increases you are probably not right for that particular kind of physical therapy.