Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pain Management Specialists in India. You will find Pain Management Specialists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pain Management Specialists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashok Kumar Saxena
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Back Pain Treatment
Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Chronic Pain Management
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Treatment of Muscle Pain Skeleton System
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Treatment of Spinal Diseases
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok Kumar SaxenaYour feedback matters!
Having backache from many years. What will be the exact cause? Sleeping posture or due to carrying of weight?
I have pain in head or and I was feel very cold I was surfing from pain in my all body Is this viral fever? What I do.
Hello sir, I am having mild pain on my right arm and sometime sever pain since one month. I have also little sharp and pin painted pain on my chest. Could you please advice. I am 35 year male.
Hello, I am suffering from a chest wall deformity 'pectus excavatum Is their any chance to reduce this by the help of some exercises. Is their any army doctor who can tell me whether it is an obstacle to join armed forces.
Orthopaedic stem cell treatment is an advanced branch of medicine, which can only be performed by a handful of physicians across the planet. If you are considering the surgery and the treatment, you should first know the important factors that can have an impact on the same.
Outlined below are 5 things you should know about the treatment before you schedule the surgery.
- Source of the stem cell: The source from which the stem cells have been extracted play a huge part in determining how successful the surgery would be. In case of orthopaedic stem cell treatment, the best place to extract the cells from is the bone marrow. However, in some cases, these cells may be taken from fatty regions of the body and not the bone marrow. This will eventually have an impact on the outcome of the surgery. Bone marrow cells are much more proficient at repairing damages of the bones than stem cells from any other source.
- The technique for extracting stem cells: A procedure called the bone marrow aspiration or BMA is used to harvest the stem cells from the bone marrow. However, there is a correct way of doing it and a not so correct way of doing it. For instance, the stem cells need to be harvested using special needles and from several high density spots inside the bone.
- Placing the stem cells in the right spot: Just extracting the stem cell properly is not enough. It also needs to be injected at the right place through the correct procedure. The surgeon will use advanced machineries to conduct the surgery, which are essential for the success of the treatment. These could include the use of c-arm fluoroscope, other one is called the ultrasound or may be even an arthroscope.
- The correct dosage: This is a gray area, as knowledge needs to be further refined about the precise dosage required for the treatment. Specialised instruments and digital centrifugation systems help in acquiring and concentrating the necessary amounts of stem cells for the procedure.
- Understanding that the treatment works: Since stem cell treatment of any kind is a fairly new concept, most people feel that it may not work as advertised. However, if you go to a reliable facility where such surgeries are performed, you will get to know that not only does the treatment work but there have been several patients whose quality of life has improved greatly. Joint preservation surgery is the field which specialises in management of various conditions by these procedures.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!