Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok KumarYour feedback matters!
I have been suffering from severe pain due to the wounds in mouth. Solve my problem as soon as possible.
Hello sir, I have a problem whenever I eat food o get pain in my mouth and jaw and having problem while chewing food please suggest me the cause for that and is smoking cigarette matters for that. Please tell me.
Hello Sir / mam I am 30 years male. I have a gap between my front two tooth. It is there since my childhood and front two tooth are big as compared to others. Is that fine or can it be cured.
I am regularly brushing my teeth 2 times a day. But still I am facing bad breathing problem. Please suggest me toothpaste or any other medicines. Thanks in advance.
I am 33 years old. I have some problem (challa) in my mouth while having meals I am getting lots of pain. Please guide me, what can I do?
I brush my teeth regularly and properly but still its inner side become yellow .moreover little black colour deposit in corner. How can I avoid it? My teeth are clear white from outside.
I have a teeth problem. My teeth is yellow. I tried many toothpaste but no response. So Dr. can you suggest me best toothpaste for white teeth.
I am 27 years old. I have Habit of taking water after tea. Is it bad for my Teeth or Body. I have this Habit from last 20 years. But I am not facing any Problem.
Diabetes is a degenerative disease, which affects your metabolism. As a result of metabolic irregularities, every part of the body is affected. The following are early indications of untreated diabetes:
- Increased thirst
- Increased urination
- Increased hunger
In addition to the ones above, the following are associated symptoms:
- Blurred vision
- Slow healing of cuts
- Itchy skin
How can diabetes affect your mouth?
- Diabetes increases the risk of infections and delayed regeneration of damaged/dead cells. As a result, fungal infections like thrush may develop in your mouth.
- Because of poor healing of wounds as a result of diabetes, extensive gum damage may occur.
- Periodontitis is a severe effect of diabetes in which your gums begin to move away from your teeth, leading to a formation of pockets between your gums and teeth, which fill up with pus and germs. The damage can be stopped only with gum surgery and removal of affected teeth.
The single most effective way to prevent damage to your teeth is to actively control blood sugar content by regularly taking medicines and following a healthy diet recommended by your doctor. Common methods of dental protection go a long way to help prevent oral problems because of diabetes. These include:
- Brush thoroughly and carefully after every meal (wait 30 minutes for food acids to neutralize, and then brush as this helps in effective cleaning)
- Use non-alcoholic mouthwash to treat dry mouth and disinfect the oral cavity
- Floss at least once everyday
- Use a soft bristled toothbrush
- Remove your dentures and clean them regularly. Do not sleep putting them on
- Quit smoking, chewing tobacco and chewing gums with sugar in them