Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashok Kapoor
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok KapoorYour feedback matters!
Am having leg pain since some days and it's not going. What should I do with it any medicines or treatment.
My left leg was paining most when I am using Indian toilet or using bike or when I am sitting down, when I am standing, my legs was paining lots, but after sometime my pain was disappear but little pain all the day, please suggest what happens to me or regular I am drinking chukandar juice, my urine was little red, what is the fault.
Fibromyalgia is a medical condition that is known to affect the soft tissues and muscles of the body. As a result, there is a muscular pain and fatigue experienced throughout the body, often interfering with daily activities of the affected individual. Though the condition can affect both men and women, females are more prone to Fibromyalgia than their male counterparts.
The pain (can be acute or chronic) associated with fibromyalgia is often an outcome of a condition whereby the receptors in the brain that perceive the pain signal undergoes modification, becoming oversensitive to the pain stimuli.
The body has 18 tender points spread throughout the body. These tender points are highly sensitive and can be quite painful when pressed. Research suggests that individuals with fibromyalgia experience pain in at least 11 of these pressure points when pressed (often used in the diagnosis of fibromyalgia).
Causes of Fibromyalgia
While it may be difficult to decipher the exact trigger that results in Fibromyalgia, the condition may be an outcome of
- Physical or emotional trauma, stress, anxiety, and depression
- Genetic predisposition. The incidence of fibromyalgia is higher in individuals with a family history of the condition
- Indulging in too much of a sedentary lifestyle (lack of physical activities and exercise) can play a pivotal role in triggering fibromyalgia
- Certain health conditions and infections such as Arthritis can also give to fibromyalgia
While muscular and joint weakness and pain are synonymous to fibromyalgia, a person may also complain of
- Sleeping disorders
- There is a weakness, headache (often associated with a migraine), and fatigue (in spite of having a sound sleep and proper rest)
- A person may experience Fibro Fog (a condition resulting from fibromyalgia whereby a person finds it difficult to memorize or concentrate on anything)
- There may be morning stiffness along with numbness or a tingling sensation in the legs, hands, feet
- Some women with fibromyalgia may experience menstrual cramps which are often painful
- One may also suffer from IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), Temporomandibular joint disorders
Treating Fibromyalgia with Ayurveda
According to Ayurveda, Fibromyalgia is an outcome of the vitiation of all the three doshas - Vata, Kapha, Pitta. This affects the digestion process (it weakens or slows down) with the buildup of toxins or Ama in the body. Thus, for an effective treatment, the balance between the three doshas should be restored along with the elimination of the toxins out of the body (detoxification).
- The treatment often involves a concoction of herbal and Ayurvedic oil massages and oil baths, lifestyle changes, dietary modifications, meditation and yogas or pranayamas
- Avoid non-vegetarian (can have lean meat though), spicy and greasy foods. Instead, supplement the diet with fresh fruits, vegetables, healthy or good fats (poly or monounsaturated fats), whole grains
- Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water daily
- Follow a healthy sleep routine. Mediation and Yoga will act as a catalyst, enhancing the overall treatment
- Drinking alcohol or smoking tobacco or drug abuse should be avoided
- A Warm Ayurvedic oil application with gentle pressure is very effective in this if done on regular basis
- Stay happy and stress-free
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!