Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
My legs pain a lot below my knees. It also pains during walking. I am 18 years old what could be the reason and tell me some remedies.
I had fallen and have fixed a rod on my leg as bone had broken below knee. Why does swelling occurs if we keep legs down for longer time?
I am 25 years female .i have backache last 3 months have got any relief what should I do now please help me doctor?
Shoulder pain can be a persistent dull and nagging sensation in the upper arm or shoulder area. It can be easily differentiated from neck pain as it is related to the movement of shoulders i.e. it will increase and decrease with shoulder movements, especially overhead activities. The other signs to identify shoulder pain is if your shoulder movements are reduced.
If you find it difficult to scratch / wash your back, comb your hair or reach your back pocket, it clearly shows you are suffering from shoulder pain. Shoulder pain can happen due to various reasons, it varies from person to person depending on the activities he/she is involved in, for e.g. sports, manual job etc. It can be a single major injury or multiple small injuries due to repetitive usage patterns. Also, degenerative changes in various parts of the shoulder can lead to shoulder pain.
In case of middle to old age, injuries that can cause shoulder pain are:
- Biceps Tendonitis
- Acromio-clavicular Joint arthritis
- Scapular Dyskinesia
- Suprascapular nerve entrapment In young age, injury due to sports or gym activity can cause shoulder pain
- Superior labral anterior/posterior (SLAP tear)lesion
Also, traumatic or repeated dislocations of shoulder can cause shoulder pain due to:
- Bankart lesion
Diagnose Shoulder Pain
Shoulder pain can be diagnosed only after thorough history taking and clinical examination. However, some imaging studies can be very helpful like:
- X-rays: Through an x-ray one can view the shoulder in many different views.
- Ultrasound: With an ultrasound, you can also check the damaged caused to the tendons and muscles of the shoulder but the quality of reporting depends upon the expertise of the doctor.
- MRI: MRI gives a clear picture of the shoulder as it shows everything related to a shoulder joint that is joints, vessels, tendons and muscles that too from different angles.
- Diagnostic Arthroscopy: A surgical procedure often used by orthopaedic surgeons to diagnose and treat issues inside a joint. Arthroscopy has the big advantage that one can use it to diagnose as well as treat at the same time.
Treatment for various types of Shoulder pain
- For Shoulder impingement or Rotator cuff tear: Give rest to the shoulder for a few days only Dedicated Physiotherapy Protocol Bursal injections If these fail then, (Surgery) Arthroscopic sub-acromial decompression If Cuff tear is found, then one can go for Arthroscopic/Mini-open repair
- Labral lesions: For anterior Labral lesions (Bankart's) following anterior shoulder dislocation then surgery in the form of Arthroscopic Bankart's repair is the only option to reduce risk of recurrence and degeneration.
- Pain relief and physiotherapy as first step If this fails then following surgical options are available
- Arthroscopic debridement or repair of labrum
- Biceps tenotomy or tenodesis
In this case, the joint is already destroyed and has to be resurfaced for pain relief and to maintain ROM. If Rotator cuff muscles are working, then Shoulder resurfacing hemiarthroplasty (preferred in young people), that has a life of 10 to 15 years, Total shoulder replacement (preferred in middle aged to old people) has a life of 10 to 15 years. But, if rotator cuff muscle are not working then Reverse Geometry Shoulder replacement is recommended, that has a life of 10 years.
It is always advisable to get yourself diagnosed properly in case of shoulder pain as management changes depending on clinical situations. Neglecting shoulder conditions can lead to bigger problems later on.
Always remember 'a stitch in time saves nine'. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have hair problem sir and continue back problem and my mother also suffers from severe back pain. All of us are very disturbed. What can we do?
Hello to all, I was facing pain in my butts and some times it was high that even not possible to take weight of myself. I gone to meet doctor and he asked for doing M.R.I I did my M.R.I in which it was mentioned 1) L1-L2 disc degeneration and compressing the spinal canal at that level. & 2) D12-L1 disc show annular tear with disc degeneration compressing canal at that level. May you please guide on above what precaution / treatment need to be started. Will be very much thankful on quick response on the above symptoms.
Cuts and bruises, which you may get from a wide variety of sources, is one of the most commonly overlooked issues that many of you face on a regular basis. Cuts and grazes can be treated easily with homeopathy.
There are many great homeopathic remedies, which deal with pain, inflammation and the general healing process. Here they are.
- Arnica: Arnica is an excellent remedy when you have a bruise on your body. It helps reduce the swelling as well as the pain, in whichever part of the body you have swelling on. However, it is worth noting that Arnica does not help much with muscle pain.
- Hypericum: It is worth note that arnica works best on parts of the body which do not have as many nerve endings. For example, the legs and arms are excellent places to administer arnica and it works very well there. However, it is worth note that arnica is not as good with parts of the body which have many nerve endings. This is where Hypericum comes in. Bruises to the fingers, toes and spinal cord heal better with Hypericum than they do with arnica.
- Calendula: Calendula is a medicine, which can be applied as a tincture. A tincture is when a medicine is dissolved in alcohol. Apart from a tincture, Calendula can also be used as a cream, spray or gel. It can heal shallow cuts very rapidly in all of these forms.
- Millefolium: Millefolium is the best homeopathic remedy when there is excessive bleeding and the wound is not clotting properly.
- Staphisagria: This is another medicine used for cuts. However, it is worth noting that Staphisagria is a very good medicine when it comes to treating cuts which are deep or have a stinging sensation.
Related Tip: "Wounds Vs Bruises"