Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments
Dr. Ashok K Omar  - Cardiologist, Delhi

Dr. Ashok K Omar

MBBS, MD - Cardiology

Cardiologist, Delhi

41 Years Experience  ·  1000 at clinic
Dr. Ashok K Omar MBBS, MD - Cardiology Cardiologist, Delhi
41 Years Experience  ·  1000 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

Dr. Omar completed his MBBS from GSVM Medical College, Kanpur in 1976. He did his MD (Medicine) from GSVM Medical College Kanpur (U.P) in 1981. Cardiology training at National Heart Insti......more
Dr. Omar completed his MBBS from GSVM Medical College, Kanpur in 1976. He did his MD (Medicine) from GSVM Medical College Kanpur (U.P) in 1981. Cardiology training at National Heart Institute New Delhi from 1982-1987. Joined Escorts Heart Institute as Consultant Cardiology in 1988. More than 100 research papers including abstracts in various International and National Journals. Speciality Cardiology Previous Experience 33 years after Post Graduation (26 years in EHIRC/FEHI) National Heart Institute (1982-1988) Interest Listening music, watching movies & travelling Awards & Expertise Award for distinguished clinical services for EHIRC by President of India Dr. Abdul Kalam on occasion of ISMICS.
More about Dr. Ashok K Omar
Dr. Ashok K Omar is a popular Cardiologist in Okhla, Delhi. He has helped numerous patients in his 40 years of experience as a Cardiologist. He is a MBBS, MD - Cardiology. He is currently practising at Escorts Heart Institute & Research Centre Ltd in Okhla, Delhi. Save your time and book an appointment online with Dr. Ashok K Omar on has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 32 years of experience on You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


MBBS - GSVM Medical College, Kanpur - 1976
MD - Cardiology - GSVM Medical College, Kanpur - 1981


Book Clinic Appointment

Fortis Escorts Heart Institute & Research Centre - Okhla Road

Okhla Road, Opp Holy Family HospitalNew Delhi Get Directions
  4.3  (230 ratings)
1000 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Ashok K Omar

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

Plz help me out with the follow Stress Depress Hypertension Not being able to open up with people Suggestions please.

Homeopath, Gurgaon
Manage your routine. Start doing meditation. Have faith in yourself and others. Keep yourself in good company. If you take vegetarian diet, full of salad, vegatables and fruits, it will solve your problem further.
2 people found this helpful

Server headache and chest pain continuously, It lasts for long time, Often it lasts for over night and I feel weakness, What to do?

General Physician, Mumbai
For pain take tablet paracetamol 650 mg and Get your vital parameters of the body checked from a nearby doctor and revert back with findings
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir please tell me that ,what is the reason behind for checking bp and sugar before surgery.

MBBS, DPHA, DPH, PGDHHM, MBA (Healthcare), Fellow in Diabetes
General Physician, Gandhidham
Dear patient Certain operations can not be performed when BP and Sugar are high or low. Anesthetic drugs can also alter the BO and Sugar. High BO and Sugar may give rise to complications during and after surgery. high sugar may hamper healing and may develop infection at site of operations. so... Regards
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Obesity and Heart Disease

MBBS, MD - Internal Medicine, Post Graduate Program in Diabetology
General Physician, Delhi
Obesity and Heart Disease

Research suggests “overweight and obese people tend to develop heart disease at an earlier age.” The study indicated that “heart disease begins 1.8 years earlier in overweight middle-aged women compared with normal-weight women, and 4.3 years earlier for those who are obese.” The investigators also found that “obese middle-aged men suffer heart disease 3.1 years earlier than normal-weight men.”

4 people found this helpful

My mother has sugar and bp problem and age 56 years please suggest how to control both. Also suggest for diet

General Physician (AM)
Alternative Medicine Specialist, Chandigarh
Try eatng lots of garlic. If u cant have it get it homeopathically allium sativum,(homeo) crataegus (biochemic) kali dichrom, bio combination number 7, (homeo) gymnema sylvester, syzygium jambolanum. Its for diabetes.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

If I have pain in chest area which hurts when I touch or move but disappeared for weeks then occasionally comes back should I be worried.

MBBS, MD-General Medicine, DM - Cardiology
Cardiologist, Secunderabad
You should not. Thats not something very serious. However it may be due to some minor problem which can be sorted out. Get yourself checked up if its bothering you too much. In the mrantime simple anlgesics may help.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

C.S.C, D.C.H, M.B.B.S
General Physician,
What is Abnormal Blood Pressure?
While 120/80 used to be considered normal, the new American Heart Association guidelines define three levels of abnormal blood pressure values.

120-139 / 80-89 is now considered to be �prehypertension� (or �Almost High Blood Pressure"), and doctors are watching blood pressures in this range more carefully than in the past.
140/90 is the cutoff for Stage 1 Hypertension. Stage 1 Hypertension may or may not be treated with medicines, depending on lifestyle and other risk factors.

Systolic pressures above 160, or diastolic pressures above 100, patients are classified as having Stage 2 Hypertension, a serious condition that warrants immediate medical treatment.
1 person found this helpful

I am having Blood Pressure for the last one year my bp was 140/100 consulted with the doctors he prescribed medication 2 tab in the evening and one tab. In the morning, I stared walking for 1 hr and change in diet plan. After few months of change in lifestyle my BP was controlled and doctor advised to take only 1 tab. Snumlo .5 mg for the last 3 months I am taking this medicine and now my bp is controlled 110/80. My question is that I do not want to take the tab for my bp can you help me?

BHMS, Certificate in Sex Education & Parenthood, PG Dip (Preventive & Promotive Healthcare), Dip in LSM (Prescribing Exercises), Dip in LSM (Metabolic Disroders & Nutrition), Dip in Occupational health & industrial hygiene., MBA (Healthcare), Certificate in Good Clinical Practice, Dip in Healthcare Quality, Core Competency In Lifestyle Medicine
Homeopath, Jamshedpur
Dear lybrate-user Thanks for sharing your concern. Generally BP medicines are given for long time or lifelong. It's not necessary. But to be on safe side doctors advice to continue the medication. Yes you can stop your BP medicine, but with few thing to keep in mind. Follow the thumb rule to maintain your BP with lifestyle medicine. 1) Monitor your BP regularly say every week. 2) Eat low Sodium salt (avoid pickles, salty wafers, canned food) 3) Eat Potassium rich food (Ripe Banana, Black Grapes, Red bell pepper, Radish,onion, etc) on regular basis. 3) Drink at least 3 to 4 ltrs of slight cold water. 4) Do regular Cardio vascular exercises (walking and cycling. Avoid jogging, skipping rope) 30 mins daily 5. Do deep breathing exercises for 5 mins after your cardio exercise.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have recently had a angioplasty done around 1 month back (01st Aug 2016) with 100% blockage (thrombosis) on RCA. I am on medication for blood thinner & Cholesterol ie Brilinta, Ecosprin & Storvas/Reva. I always find heaviness around my chest and breathlessness at times. I do not wish to continue with above the mentioned medication due to its side effect in long run. Will I have to live with this problem ie heaviness in chest & breathlessness through out my life. Will I ever be able to live a normal life ie run, swim, eat red meat?

MD - Homeopathy, BHMS
Homeopath, Kolkata
As your height is to much so reduce the same by walking 45 minutes for three km twice and do yoga and pranayam for Tweety minutes. Take 5/6 single cloved Raw Garlic n 10 mg raw Ginger with drinkable warm water. And warm water intake should be taken about 7% of your body weight through out the day. The chemicals are to be taken until reduction of chemicals by using homoeopathic medicine.. If you believe you may contact me through Lybrate, Dumdum Kolkata
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My wife aged 45 years had suffered with MI in May 2012. I understand from doctor during MI her heart muscles are damaged permanently and hence the function of heart is not normal. Is there any hope to regenerate these heart muscles and improve her heart function? Nitin

Diploma in Diabetology, CCT (Rheumatology & Internal Medicine), MD - Internal Medicine
General Physician, Noida
If you underwent the angiography and angioplasty in 2012 at the time of MI, you dont need to worry take your medication and muscle will regain power as blood flow would normalise. If u didnt went for plasty and are on medication i suggest go for plasty because blood flow to the tissue is impaired and the heart muscle needs blood to regenerate or regain power. And yes the medication in both cases would be life long.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My grand father age is 80 years He is suffering from heart problem His 3 line block in anjography report Doctor say for by-pass surgery So this surgery do or not? So what should I do.

Certificate in Basic Course on Diabetes Management, CCEBDM Certificate in Diabetes, MBBS
General Physician, Pune
Difficult question. Medically speaking it can be done I have seen many successful surgeries at this age. But depends on Cardiac Centre, Financial Position, How mentally alert and enthusiastic your grand father is? Will the surgery actually give him quality life afterwards? Any invasive procedure at this can go wrong for no reason. If it goes wrong what will you all feel. Discuss with him , elders in the family and if you have a close Family Doctor. Take a decision and leave it to God. Consider conservative , non invasive technique and alternate medicine advoacated and practiced by many eminent heart specialists.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have cough from last week which causes pain in my chest. What should I do? Please help me.

AUTLS, CCEDM, MD - Internal Medicine, MBBS
General Physician, Faridabad
Several things can be done to prevent cold: -Always wash your hands after coughing or sneezing into your hands, blowing your nose, after touching someone who is sick, or when using public restrooms or telephones. -Cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough. -Get plenty of rest/sleep.Avoid people who have a cold or cold symptoms. -Drink plenty of fluids(veg/tomato soups,dal water/coconut water/herbal tea etc), and eat nutritious food(like sprouts/boiled eggs without yolk with milk). Avoid foods or drinks with caffeine -Treatment:A cold usually lasts for a week or two. Unless you develop complications, you shouldn't need medical treatment. -Gargle to keep from getting a sore throat.Take only lukewarm water to drink during the day -Use saline nasal sprays or nasal irrigation. -Tablet nasorest-p once/twice daily may ease breathing. -Do steam inhalation once or twice daily. -Complications like infections of ears, throat, sinuses or lungs must be treated with antibiotics. -Cough- For dry cough.Take syrup Alex-D.(1 tsp thrice daily) -Productive cough:it brings up mucus from behind the throat or lungs.Use syrup Alex. -Get chest xray done if cough lasts for more than a week and consult doctor immediately. -Head and Body Aches- Take tablet dolo-650 mg for fever once or twice daily
5 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I live in delhi . I am working professional .I am a 32 y old male and have a chest pain for last 3 months. What should I do/

M.B.B.S., Diploma in Family Medicine, Fellowship in Diabetes (Liverpool), Advanced Clinical Course in Cardiology (USA), Certified Diabetologist from USA, CCEBDM, MD - Consultant Physician
General Physician, Hooghly
Dear , chest pain may be due to various reasons like heart and lungs problems, digestion problems. You first do an ecg and get your blood pressure, pulse checked. Mention if your pain increases while hard work, climbing stairs, swallowing food. Describe if the pain is throbbing in nature or just a tightness feeling. Mention if the pain radiates to any part of your body. Wish u all the best. Dr. S. Modak
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have regular pain in heart from last one year just small amount of pain weekly twice or thrice what it is actually? please can you clarify me.

Homeopath, Faridabad
Hello, go for ECG Heart and TMT, B.P.,CBC and blood sugar. take essentia aurea(wsg) 15 drops with water , twice a day regularly. Reverts with reports.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 60 years old and suffering from hypertension since 4 years and on medication since then. Previously I was taking s-numlo 5 and there was swelling in feet and legs. Since 1 month I am taking Temsan h 40 mg and there is no such problem. Recently I have been diagnosed with vit-d. Please tell.

General Physician, Cuttack
Normal level of vit d is between between 20-50ng/ml. A level less than 20 ng/ml indicates vitamin d deficiency. 1. Expose yourself to sunlight for 15-20 minutes daily in the morning 2. Take milk, cheese, egg yolk, fish (salmon/mackerel/ trout/sardines/tuna) cod liver oil, mushroom, cereals, orange juice. 3. If you have deficiency of vitamin d you have to take vitamin d supplement 60000iu/week fo r 3 months after consulting physician.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My blood sugar point is 310. I just come to know recently. How to reverse naturally without medicine and insulin ?

General Physician, Dhenkanal
You are confirmed to be Diabetes.Do base line tests like FBS ppbs urine R M&Lipid profile before starting treatment.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi I'm suffering sugar problem. Same time I have high cholesterol also. What type of diet suggested to avoid such issues. I doing exercise daily.Please tell.

MBBS, PG Diploma In Clinical Cosmetology (PGDCC)
Cardiologist, Purba
Diabetes usually associated with high triglyceride with good diabetes control it also be contrilled avoid fatty and spicy food keep total oil intake around 500ml per mobth and must continue and increase exercise
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir, I have chest pain and feel weakness from 2or3 month. I take some medicine by doctor but no profit. Can you suggest what should be done?

Dietitian/Nutritionist, Chandigarh
Add 1spoon honey and chawanprash in morning and evening and 2 cups of milk wth almonds kishmish banana in morning and evening. Add amla in diet and do 30mints of exercise and deep breathing 5times inhale exhale from left nostril than same from right.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My Father is 57 year old. He is Heart Patient. please let me know the best diet plan for him. Which Fruit/Vegetables are good/bad for him.

General Physician, Jalgaon
Please Tell him Wake up early go for morning walk in greenery daily Avoid oily spicy and fast food Avoid non veg food Take Salads and fruits more Take vegetables juices and soups more Avoid lethargic life style Avoid negative thoughts Be relaxed always Do meditation regularly All fruits and vegetables are good for him.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed