Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashok K Omar
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok K OmarYour feedback matters!
Good service and best Dr. In my way
Want to know symptoms for diabetes and how can I control it from beginning so as I can have precautions for my future Also suggest for blood pressure.
Hi My Cholesterol 239 How to reduce it care and food. Should I have to start use of treadmill or you prefer cycling. And which food I strictly not allowed and may I start to take an Ascard daily I already r taking spicy 5 mg since last 2 year.
Sir, I have Heart Disease (Single Vessel Disease - Mid LCX 100% Block) from May 2015. I have treated well and I am continuing the medicine but I didn't control the smoking habit. How can I solve the problem permanently. So please give the best suggestion for me.
I am having chest pain like pinching. This is since 2 days. I am worried about minor heat issues starting ul.
I am a boy of age 17. My BP level is 160/100 mm/hg. I have checked all other test such as lipid prescribed by doctor. Since I am young, doctor asked me to do regular exercise. In fact I am doing it. Due to BP I didn't find any change in my body. I am normal. Yet I ll get tensed easily. In fact my parents are normal in their BP level. Father: 130/90 Mom: 120/90 Though I can't understand what may be the reason for increase in BP Upto this level? Another shortcoming is 'I ll get sweated easily even I am sitting under fan So please give me a solution.
I am 60 years old male. I suffer from inability to urinate many times. Ist my mouth become completely dry and at the same time my urine also stops. Gradually it affects my memory and the sugar level and bp also going up. I am diabetic grade b. Doctor already operated my prostrate. But problem still there. I was hospitalized 8 times. After cathaterised urine passes than my condition gradually improves. I have done several testings as recommended by doctors but every report is normal.
For e g I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
So in the past I've had blood tests, doctors looking at my heart, etc and everything has came back "normal" I'm experiencing a lot of chest pain however and am wondering why this might be or what might be causing this.
A certain percentage of women are known to suffer from hypertension when they are pregnant. Such women have blood pressure levels above the acceptable range, that is, 140 / 90. Hypertension during pregnancy may result because of the changes that their body experiences during pregnancy or a history of high blood pressure prior to pregnancy. However, if a woman develops high blood pressure after becoming pregnant, then she is said to be suffering from gestational hypertension.
Some of the leading causes of hypertension during pregnancy are hormone-related imbalances, nutritional deficiencies, age-related factors, and obesity. The risk factors of the condition include genetic considerations, cigarette smoking, and previous pregnancies. During pregnancy, if you are experiencing symptoms such abdominal pain, kidney-related issues, nauseous sensation, ringing in the ears, or liver-related troubles, then getting diagnosed for hypertension is advised. This is because if you have hypertension, the development of the fetus could also be affected. Pregnant women may suffer from different types of blood-pressure conditions, including chronic hypertension, gestational hypertension, and chronic hypertension with preeclampsia, or just preeclampsia.
Controlling Hypertension During Pregnancy:
There are different ways of reducing the blood pressure levels during pregnancy. Some of these include the following:
- Body Exertion: During pregnancy, remaining active is extremely important. As a consequence, you can improve your cardiovascular health and also, lower your blood pressure levels. Additionally, this ensures the release of the ‘feel-good’ hormones known as endorphins. They help to keep you in a positive state of mind.
- Avoid Alcohol and Tobacco Intake: As a result of smoking tobacco or drinking alcohol, there could be an imbalance in the blood pressure levels. Especially pregnant women, especially those with gestational hypertension, are advised to abstain from these vices.
- Anti-hypertensive Drugs: In some cases, your doctor may deem it suitable for you to take blood pressure medications when you are pregnant. He or she will do so after studying your physical condition, even though these drugs are not advised for regular consumption during pregnancy.
- Never Miss Prenatal Appointments: Be sure to visit your doctor for regular check-ups to ascertain that your blood pressure levels are within the reasonable range. Also, your weight will be checked during your visits to the healthcare provider. Additionally, urine and blood tests will be conducted to ensure that the situation is under control. The medical professionals will check the fetus’s health as well during the visit. Through ultrasounds, they can monitor your baby’s heart rate and the overall development as per the gestational age.
- Controlling Hypertension Before Pregnancy: Prior to becoming pregnant, you can take some measures to keep your blood pressure levels within the normal range.
- Nutritious Diet: When planning for pregnancy, you must increase your intake of fresh fruits and vegetables to provide sufficient nutrients to your body. Also, the consumption of potassium-rich foods is advised to reduce the strain on blood vessels and subsequently, monitoring of the blood pressure levels.
- Postpone Pregnancy: If you are suffering from obesity, consider delaying your pregnancy. You must keep in mind that a lowering body weight to normal levels can help prevent hypertension during pregnancy. Therefore, at first, you should intensify your weight-loss efforts and only then, plan for pregnancy.
Conclusion: In case you develop hypertension during pregnancy, your medical practitioner may consider it suitable to induce labor prior to your due date for your well being, as well as the health of the fetus. Always work in conjunction with your doctor and carefully consider your options before taking any decisions. It is better to maintain a balanced approach so you do not regret your decisions later. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!