Lybrate.com has top trusted Endocrinologists from across India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashok Damir
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok DamirYour feedback matters!
Recently I got fasting blood glucose level and it is 116& post launch after two hours the blood glucose Level is180. Kindly inform what precautions I have to take RamchanderRao.
Dear Sir my sisters is suffer from thyroid. TSH is 6.1. Weight is gain. I live in haryana. Pls give Me good medicine or advice. I shall b thank for it.
I am 49 years of age having diabetes 2 with fasting 130 and pp around 155 and three years back I got stent to my heart .presently I am having to much pain in my left shoulder that pain goes downwards to the knee and sometimes upto fingers also, I can't make hand back side touch and some movement problem and also can't sleep left side its pain to much. Kindly advice some medicine to recover the same. Thanks Regards Manish. 9415786116.
She is a diabetic patient. Now she is losing hair quickly. She has a problem of cold. If she eats a slice of cucumber, then we were worried about her cold. Today a stone is getting in her throat. And it is hurting. Is this the symptoms of thyroid? Can you help me with this?
I am 33 years old and yesterday itself I came to know that I am diabetic. The doctor told me that it is both in my blood and urine. Kindly suggest what is the kind of diet I should start having and if any other precaution that I need to take. With fasting it is 157 and without fasting it is 197.
Diabetes is a lifestyle disease that results in high blood sugar levels in the body. It basically means that the body is either insensitive to insulin or the insulin production levels in the body go down. The various symptoms of diabetes are blurred vision, weight loss and hunger.
Some other symptoms of diabetes are:
- Excessive urine output
- Wounds that take time to heal
- Yeast infections
- You may experience fatigue on a regular basis
- Frequent Mood Changes
Diabetes is also known as a Lifestyle disease. From the food you eat to the amount of activity, they are all connected to diabetes prevention. The various modifications that you may carry out to prevent diabetes are:
- Exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis as it increases your overall wellbeing. It helps you to lose weight and allows you to maintain optimal blood sugar levels. It can also improve your body's sensitivity to insulin to prevent blood sugar problems. Exercise helps in increasing endorphin levels in the body which are responsible for keeping you happy and satiated, thereby avoiding depression and over-eating.
- Eat more whole grains: Unlike simple carbohydrates, whole grains are complex carbohydrates that raise your blood sugar steadily instead of spiking it suddenly. Avoid refined grains as most of the important nutrients are stripped from refined grains. A Well-balanced diet with adequate amounts of PUFA/MUFA help in increasing the insulin sensitivity, reducing cholesterol and heart problems, etc.
- Eat a lot of fiber: If you have type 2 diabetes, you should be, including high-fiber foods in your diet is a healthy way to control high blood sugar. Fiber does not raise blood glucose levels. Because it is not broken down by the body, the fiber in an apple or a slice of whole grain bread has no effect on blood glucose levels because it isn't digested. The grams of fiber can actually be subtracted from the total grams of carb you are eating if you are using carbohydrate counting for meal planning. Fiber helps you in feeling satiated, thus prevents you from overeating. It also improves your blood sugar levels and decreases your chances of getting affected by heart disease.
- Lose weight: You should aim to maintain a healthy weight level as it also decreases the risk of diabetes. It also helps in improving your cardiovascular health. Follow a regimen, which is based on a balanced diet and moderate amount of exercise. Losing weight is the best way to keep diabetes away. Weight is something that we can keep under control. The waist size of men and women should not be more than 150 cm and 90 cm respectively. Always maintain your ideal body weight as per your BMI (Body Mass Index). Globally, obesity is one of the leading causes of diabetes.
- Avoid sugary drinks: With ten teaspoons of sugar in every 12-ounce can or bottle, sweet drinks can send your blood sugar soaring and boost your risk for weight gain, high blood pressure, stroke, and heart disease. One sugary drink a day adds 150 empty calories and 40 to 50 grams of blood-sugar-raising carbohydrates to your diet, and can lead to a weight gain of 15 pounds per year. Switching to healthier drinks can save hundreds of calories and a lot of carbohydrates.
- Avoid Stress: When you are stressed, your blood sugar levels rise. Stress hormones like epinephrine and cortisol kick in since one of their major functions is to raise blood sugar to help boost energy when it's needed most. You can't fight danger when your blood sugar is low, so it rises to help meet the challenge. Both physical and emotional stress can prompt an increase in these hormones, resulting in an increase in blood sugars and diabetes. Ensuring a stress-free life is very important if you want to stay away from diabetes. Avoid stress by going out for garden-walks, indulging in social causes/activities, yoga, meditation, etc.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!