Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashok Choudhury
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Jaundice
Treatment of Ulcer
Treatment of Blood in Stools
Treatment Of Alcoholic Liver Disease
Treatment of Peptic Ulcers
Treatment of Gastric Trouble
Treatment of GERD
Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Treatment of Hepatitis B Infection
Treatment of Digestive Disorders
Treatment of Burning Sensation in Stomach
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Liver Disease
Treatment of Chronic Pancreatitis
Treatment of Gastritis
Treatment of Ulcerative Colitis
Treatment of Amoebiasis
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok ChoudhuryYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from gas trouble and I am using esomeprazole 40 mg regularly from last 5 years. Is it safe to use for such a long time? What is the ssfe alternative? Pl suggest some solution. I am 48 years old. Daily I am taking BISOPROLOL5 MG (LODOZ 5 MG. In the morning) and CONCOR 5 MG. In the night for Hyper tension and clopidogrel 75 mg and Atorvastatin 10 mg daily once.
I'm being diagnosed with 18 mm stone in gall bladder, what shall I do for treatment, I'm 49. 8 years old residing in Mumbai.
I was facing a little bit problem so I got injected by a doctor, but from yesterday more than 24 hours have now passed I am still feeling pain in my buttock, I can't touch it much more because there is pain, I even can't walk properly. Kindly tell me what's the issue with me?
I have appendicitis, now it is removed yesterday and send for biopsy. I want to know that if it is malignant than must come in biopsy. Actually I am worrying bcoz my mother was cancer patient. I do not have right lower abdomen pain but in CT scan report subacute appendicitis was displaying .is this the symptom of appendix cancer or it is normal? please reply quickly bcoz I am worrying lots. thanks.
I m suffering from acidity. Whenever I eat non veg or oily food. This prob started so please advice what should I do.
What is best place to buy genuine and original homeopathy medicine online since my homeopathy doctor recommended me Berberis Aquifolium Q 3 times a day in 20 drops of water. Also is their any side effects and whether it helps in itching stuff.
The experience of bowel incontinence can vary from person to person. Some people feel a sudden need to go to the toilet but are unable to reach a toilet in time. This is known as urge bowel incontinence?
I am 32 years old, male. I am feeling crackv at the outer anus when watering after stool and found bleedingstool with a panic feeling.
Gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD, as it is commonly known is a digestive disorder that is caused primarily due to intestinal distress. GERD is caused in the muscle that lies between the oesophagus and the stomach, when the acid is produced in the stomach, it starts to flow backwards. For patients suffering from GERD, the acids flow back into the oesophagus instead of the stomach, causing symptoms like severe heartburn, chest pain and nausea, amongst others. So what does one do to deal with GERD? Here's a brief list!
- Obesity: Being overweight and obese are two of the most important factors that contribute to discomfort in GERD patients. Working towards a healthier weight is a sure shot way of dealing with this ailment.
- Alcohol and Smoking: The muscle ring that can be found between the stomach and the oesophagus relaxes with the intake of alcohol or with smoking, which prevents it from closing to stop the stomach's juices from reaching the oesophagus. So, giving up both substances would be a good idea if you are a GERD patient.
- Go Gluten Free: Adopting a gluten free diet can help you cut out ingredients including grains and dairy products that contain more protein than what your digestive tracts can handle.
- Other Dietary Measures: In order to handle GERD effectively, you will need to remove or reduce chocolate, fatty food, spicy food, and even oily and fried food from your diet. You may need the help of food with extra fibre, like fruit so that it can pass through the digestive tract faster.
- Smaller and Well Timed Meals: Eating meals regularly and dividing them into smaller meals that can be digested quickly and more efficiently is one of the best ways of dealing with GERD to prevent the onset of backward flowing of stomach acids.
- Exercise: Ensuring that you do not take a nap or lie down right after a meal and putting in a small amount of exercise everyday will also help in doing away with the uncomfortable and painful symptoms of this disease.
Making lifestyle changes is one of the best ways to deal with GERD. Yet, it would be best to see a doctor regarding severe cases where the symptoms do not abate and medication may be required.