Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashish SahaniYour feedback matters!
The newborn are often extremely susceptible to fatal diseases and the first few months of the infant's life calls for uncompromised care and vigilance. One of the most precarious diseases afflicting the newborn babies are chronic lung disorders. This condition mainly emanates from a damage to the lung tissue, which results in breathing troubles. Under such circumstances, the lung may collapse, being filled with fluids and end up oozing out harmful mucus. While a severe form of such lung diseases may often result in the death of the infant, in most cases the infants outgrow the disease and with proper care, grow up to lead a healthy life.
Most chronic lung diseases in infants are congenital and are spurred by a variety of causes:
- Premature delivery: Chronic lung diseases are recurrent in babies born prematurely, i.e. before the lapse of at least 26 weeks of gestation age. Underweight infants also run the risk of suffering from this ailment. The lungs are not able to develop fully in such situations as a result of which they become prone to respiratory distresses. Another allied trigger to Chronic Lung Disease is the use of ventilation on the premature babies. The forced breathing and imposed oxygen levels induced by ventilators often impair normal lung functions in babies.
- Fluids in the lungs: Certain babies are either born with or develop a condition where fluids accumulate in the lungs. This inflicts a lot of damage to the lungs and leads to such diseases.
- Respiratory Infections: Some babies are likely to acquire lung infections from certain disease causing viruses. This largely handicaps the normal lung functions.
- Heart conditions: Abnormal blood circulation in the heart also stimulates lung diseases in newborns. If the heart is unable to regulate the flow of blood to the lungs properly, then the chances of such diseases increase by leaps and bounds.
- Inhaling harmful foreign materials: Certain particles often affect the health of the lungs tremendously. Exposure to meconium during delivery might result in the inflammations that potentially injure the lung tissues.
- Nutrition deficiencies: If an infant's body lacks vital nutrients, it may result in a condition of malnutrition. Lack of vitamin A may cause chronic lung diseases.
Chronic Lung Diseases are usually recoverable with early detection and appropriate treatment. However, one needs to meticulously cater to the health needs of the baby, in order to ensure complete recovery and avert recurrence.
My son is 6 years old suffered with viral fever last week now his platelet count is 118000 is it dangerous we have used ibuprofen with paracetamol for 4 days is low platelet count leads to dengue im very tensed please give me a advice.
Hi, I have a baby girl of 30 days old. I observed she has problems during poo/still passing. She tries & uncomfortable faces become red. She started move her hand's legs like cycling. & Every 2/3 days she passing still. Another thing, she sucking milk many times at night. Every night she taking milk enough quantity of milk beyond her capacity. Till continue suck. If not given to her she cries & nothing but the nipple can stop her crying. & Many times vomiting milk from mouth & some time from nose. Suppose milk coming out from mouth 10 times/day From nose 3 times/Day. During milk coming out from nose , Seems baby has problems breathing. It's hard see. Bcg & polio given on 13th Aug. DOB 22july Wght 3 kg. Cesarean section Please help me out.
Hello Doctor, My 2 year old son does not speak properly and fluently. He just able to speak few general words clearly e.g. Papa, mummy, mama, bike, dog, ball, bus. But not able to speak two words jointly. Also not learn new word easily. He not repeat any word behind you. He speaks only when he wants (Only few words). Please suggest if there any problem and what should we do in his case.
My 2 month old son sleeps the whole day and cry the whole night. Is it normal? I'M very tired of this.
My 7 + year is suffering from dry cough n nose block in the night n running in day time from laat 2 days. N pain in stomach during cough. Pls suggest.
Utmost care should be given for children s dental health. Tooth appears six months from birth. Clean tooth with wet gauze and go for a dental visit at soon aftr first year of birth. Taking child to a dentist at young age is the best way to prevent tooth related problems.