Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashish SahaniYour feedback matters!
My 6 year son often complains about acute stomach ache. He even vomits when he is in pain. He has completed his antibiotics course for the same, around 3 to 4 times in the past 8 months. I've got his deworming done too, but still no relief. His usg was also done that stated minor swollen lymph nodes. But the pain is unbearable. Suggest what could be the possible reasons for it. Moreover, if any other test I should get done. I'm really worried for him. please help.
I have 11 months baby. should I give him ayurvedic sitopaladi churn with honey as he is suffering from cold. Or suggest other ayurvedic medicine for nasal block.
My 4 years kid is having fever last 4 days. Today we did a blood check up for hims. Results says CRP level is 45. What does it mean? Is there anything wrong If CRP level go high? What are the after effects of this?
I have given painless pentaxim vaccine once to my 2 month baby boy after that I have given him painful pentavac vaccine. Will there be any reaction by changing the vaccines? Is it safe?
My Daughter is suffering in cerebral Palsy (CP Child) She was not a knock holding, Talking, Walking ETC. She age is 2 Years 06 Months Old please Consult Me a Doctor.
Hi doc, my son is 5 months old. I am giving both breastfeeding and bottle for him. Once I started with formula his poo changed from yellow to green colour and it's smelling awful. But he seems to be fine. M giving nan pro 1. Is he fine? Or I need to change another brand.
Last month my wife delivered baby boy. Gestation period is approximately 36-37 weeks. After child birth during first pediatric visit doctor noticed missing testicles in scrotum. Then now after 20 days left side testicles reached scrotum. Right side I can feel it near adjacent side to penis beginning place. Should I wait for one more month? Should I meet surgeon immediately? What is the future consequences.
My son is 5 year old. In his chest x-ray report it is given that hilar shadows prominent right side and in blood test report mch- 23.2 and mcv- 74.5. Please tell me what is the problem.
Hi .i have 10 months old baby. My wife drunk non alcohol beer. Is there any any problems for baby because breast feeding.
My baby is 5.5 months old. She suffered in loose motion last 25 days. Now a days 4 to 5 times per day. Is any chances for rota virus affected to my baby. Some times its in green poop.
Measles refer to an infection caused by a virus. It mainly affects the respiratory system and its onset is accompanied by high fever, runny nose, frequent coughing and itchy rashes all over the face. It is extremely contagious and spreads through saliva or even mucus. This infection has several symptoms. Some of them are:
- Persistent coughing: Affecting the respiratory system, the onset of measles can be identified by persistent and a nagging cough, one that refuses to recuperate.
- Fever: As discussed above, if you are infected by the measles virus, chances are very high that you will suffer from extremely high fever. It is often accompanied by chills.
- Sore throat: The throat forms an important part of the respiratory system and if it is infected, its repercussions can be felt in the throat. You will have extreme difficulty in eating or swallowing food when suffering from measles.
- Small white spots develop inside the mouth: Sometimes you may notice outbreak of small white spots in the interior of your mouth. In case you do, do not take it lightly. This is an important symptom of measles and you must consult a doctor immediately.
Notwithstanding the contagious nature of the infection, there are various treatments available in order to treat this infection. Some of them are:
- Acetaminophen: This is used to relieve one of fever as well as pain in the muscles.
- Take rest: Suffering from measles is an extremely uncomfortable situation and taking rest always helps. Your immune system, being infected by a virus is rattled and needs sufficient rest to recuperate.
- Drink lots of water: Nothing can be an alternative to water. Therefore when suffering from measles, drink as much water as you can. Try to drink at least six to seven glasses of water, a day in order to purge your system.
Dear sir my little child of 19 month does not eat anything, he depend only on milk he is very naughty and do not eat anything we are trying very method of different type but we are failed. So please tell me anything to eat them his weight is 10.5kg and height is above 2.2 fit.
Hi, my daughter is 9 months old and she is every time suffering from fever and sardi khansi even every one and two months she has fever and sardi and khansi I visited doctors many times but a doctors told me she is okay but why she has like that.
Sir I am a 14 year old boy and I have stunted growth. What should I do? what medicines do you prefer?
My grandson is 7weeks old. He is getting rheum and tears frequently. Is this normal or do we have to take up any medications. Please advise.
Breast milk provides essential nutrients for infants and is a mix of nutrients, which include vitamins, proteins and fat that are necessary for a baby's growth. Apart from benefitting babies, breastfeeding benefits mothers too.
Here are 4 benefits of breastfeeding:
1) Provides nutrients and protection to the baby - The best food a mother can give to her baby is her breast milk. It helps your baby to grow and develop. Breast milk is custom-made by all mothers for their own babies and, thus, contains a perfect mix of essential nutrients. Breast milk contains a mixture of protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins and minerals, which are very important for the proper growth and development of the baby. It also contains many antibodies that reduce the chance of diseases and allergies. In fact, the milk's content changes as your baby grows to keep up with the infant's needs.
2) Convenience - The milk from breasts is always safe and fresh, and is precisely of the right temperature, which what makes it a convenient food for the baby. What's more, it doesn't require heating, boiling or sterilizing as such; and can be fed to the baby anywhere, anytime.
3) Benefits mothers - According to a research, breastfeeding, to an extent, provides protection against breast and ovarian cancer. It also serves as a measure of protection against weak bones in the later part of life. Calories are required in order to produce milk. So, breastfeeding helps to gradually lose weight after pregnancy as well. Moreover, breast feeding also defers the return of menstruation for a little while.
4) Continues the special relationship between mother and child - The bond between a mother and a child strengthens due to the intimacy and the closeness involved in breastfeeding. One of the remarkable facts about this is the more a baby breastfeeds, the more milk the mother produces. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.