Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashish RustagiYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old married woman. I am feeling pain in my left breast for almost 3 months. Have visited gen, Physician already.
I am a 62-year-old male. I am suffering from Polycythemia Rubra Vera (due to JAK 2 mutation) for last 8 years. First 3 years I was put on treatment with low level of aspirin, amlodipine and periodic venesection. Last 5 years I am on Hydroxyurea along with the above mentioned drugs. The dose of hydroxyurea is adjusted periodically based on FBC. My questions are: 1. What are the adverse effects of long term treatment with Hydroxyurea? 2. I get occasional muscle cramp. How do I get relief from it? I would like to know 1. What is the adverse drug effect of long term intake of Hydroxyurea. 2. I suffer from painful muscle cramp occasionally. What I should do to get relief from it?
I am a rectum cancer patient. I underwent surgery and removed colon and rectum. The biopsy report says my cancer stage is T3N1. My doc advised me to eat low fiber foods. I still have difficulty passing urine and motion. What all food I must include in my diet? What other treatment I have to undergo after this?
My father is 72 years old. He has a prob3m with high serum creatinine, it also accompanied with prostate problem. He has been prescribed with Roliten OD 40 mg. What are other precautions we need to take care of him.
My mom had breast cancer and she was operated on the left breast and the doctor said her lymph node were positive Now I would like to ask you Doctor that her left hand is swollen and I would like to know how to reduce the swelling and the pain in her hand because of the swelling.
Hello, I read an article today, that folic acid increases our cancer cells. And people from a cancer history should avoid. Of course there are some of my relatives have been diagnosed with cancer as well. I've been drinking folic acids for more than 3 years because of my losing memory and passing out issue. Now once I read the article I'm like kinda scared since its cancer! Is it really true?
Hi, one of my friend mom is suffering from breast cancer ,she sudden got pain on chest and after diagnosis she able to know that she is suffering from breast cancer and it was a last stage, she not able to understand what to do, I would like to know whether last stage of breast cancer can be cure or not. If it can be cure so please tell me where she should go for checkup and how much money will be spend in this treatment. Actually she is not so strong financially so please guide me how can I help her, to save her mom ,and where she should take her mom for treatment ,and where financially can be help.
I am 40 years old. I am female. I have suffer from breast cancer from last 1 and 1/2 years. I have took surgery chemotherapy and radiation therapy from rcc, trivandrum. Please given any preventive method,
My uncle 44yrs age. Diabetic under control. Has been diagnosed after pelvic ultrasound, with inflamed Left Inguinal lymph node in medial region of about 18mmx8mm. Please advise.
My uncle is suffering feom liver cancer in 3 month .his weight is losing down .he does not eat anything and vomiting when he is eating something such as properly water. His abdomen has fwelled with leg .he doesn't used chemotherapy .now what can we do .he is very weak. Please solution.
How many time should I masturbate in a month so that I do not suffer from prostate cancer or any other disease?
We live in an age where every single individual, more or less, is exposed to the risk of cancer. It is probably an unfavorable lifestyle we lead that deprives us of good health. This might alarm many but considerable changes in lifestyle can help you realize cancer as a preventable disease. Cancer does not only make you undergo severe suffering but it also affects your friends and family. The pallor of misery spreads wider than you think.
- Abstain from tobacco: Consuming raw tobacco or smoking tobacco can be equally detrimental to your health. Tobacco increases your chances of contracting the disease. As is known, passive smoking can also affect your health adversely. Tobacco can be the potential cause behind cancer of the mouth, throat, larynx, lungs, oral cavity and even the pancreas. It might harm your kidneys and cervix. It is upon you to quit tobacco at the earliest possible. One should also try and persuade friends and relatives to give up smoking.
- Drink alcohol in moderation: Complete abstinence from alcohol might not be possible if you have already been ushered into your work- life. The society might require you to be an occasional drinker. It is important to drink in moderation. Crossing the limit can propel consequences as serious as cancer of the stomach, pancreas, liver and the heart.
- A balanced and nutritious diet: Deciding on a plant- based diet or a Mediterranean diet can aid your fight against the risk of cancer. A Mediterranean diet will involve green leafy vegetables, lots of fresh fruits, whole grains, mixed nuts, legumes and also the use of extra- virgin olive oil. Fish can be a safe bet but red meat should be avoided. One must also try to avoid processed meat as they tend to make you prone to the risk of cancer.
- Immunization: Hepatitis B and HPV or Human papilloma virus vaccines are extremely necessary to protect you against the sexually transmitted types of cancer.
- Sun protection: Caring for your skin doesn't arise from vanity. Skin cancer is one of the most prevalent kinds of cancer; the chances of this disease can be restricted by remaining in shade especially during midday, by wearing covered clothes and by using a good sunscreen lotion repeatedly while outside.
- Exercise diligently: Did you think it was okay to have weaker muscles and bulging layers of fat? If yes, you probably have grown numb to the inadequacies you face in result. Unchecked fat can lead to obesity which further complicates health conditions. Metabolic activity differs from person to person. Regular exercising can help regulate metabolism according to the needs of your body. Physical exercise protects you against the risk of breast and colon cancer. Moderate or vigorous physical activity for 150 to 75 minutes a week respectively can reduce the risk of cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.