Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashish Rustagi
Submit a review for Dr. Ashish RustagiYour feedback matters!
Dear sir/madam, I am taking finestride 1mg for my male pattern alopecia problem which is prescribed by doctor. My age is 28. Is finestride 1 mg increases the chance of prostate cancer?
I have a question about my Prostate problem, as per Doctor's reply the PSA is high but our surgeons say that PSA keeps going high/low, up and down, the urine flow stream is normal but at times, it is dribling, please advice the cause and what is the remedy, I am now 73 years old person. Thanks.
Have breast pain from last few months. Here is no lumps. Both breast have same pain. And increase size. As compare last month.
I sucked and pressed my gf breast hardly specially on the left breast nw it is paining and the left brest increase in size what may be the reason.
Hi, Breast tumor ki surgery ke baad kiya breast press karne se milk jaisa bohut hi light kuch nikalta tha? Meri shaadi nahi huyi. Aur main kavi pregnant v nahi huyi. Meri age 27 hai, maine 8 years pehle breast tumor ki surgery karwai thi, left side ki, aur meri breast jorse press karne se milk jaisa bohut hi light kuch nikalta hai, right side se zada, lekin maine toh left ki surgery karai thi.
Sir I am 25 years old male. I have prostatic my gland is 27gm and 25cc volume. I have no symptoms. Sir wt to do? How to shrink it?
My mother aged 65 years suffering from colon cancer and in III stage. Treatment started with radio and chemotherapy and completed 26 strikes. For the past 7 days she is suffering with diarrhea and passing motion almost every half an hour. She had loose motion with small quantity and developed hemorrhoids (skin tag comes out in anal). She is suffering with severe pain in anal area that sustain throughout the day. She is using capecitabine 500 mg - 3 tabs twice daily. Now she is suffering from suffocation since today afternoon particularly when lay down. Looking for you are advise and help.
My gf have blood cancer, but she want to do intercourse with me ,is there any risk of transmitting cancer to me?
- Seminomatous: These are less aggressive and respond very well to chemotherapy and radiation therapy
- Non-seminomatous: These grow and spread rapidly, and often require surgery and chemotherapy
While the exact causes for testicular cancer are not clear, the following are considered to be the possible risk factors:
- Family history
- Undescended testicles
- Prior history of testicular cancer
- Genetic abnormalities of some types
While testicular cancer is often diagnosed late, the patient can have early symptoms, which are often ignored.
- Painful swelling in one (or both) testicle(s)
- Pain in the lower abdomen and groin area
Often, this type of cancer originates in the testicles and spreads to the lymph nodes inside the abdomen. It can also reach distant organs like lungs, liver, and lymph nodes in chest, neck. If attention to paid to early symptoms such as testicular swelling with or without pain, testicular cancer can be diagnosed early. However, even if diagnosed in the late stages, treatment is quite effective and outcome is good.
Tumor Markers in Testicular Cancers
Tumor markers are very important for diagnosis of testicular cancers. Alpha feto protein (AFP) and human chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG) and lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) are very important markers that are testing in blood. They are very useful in diagnosis, staging and follow up of testicular cancer.
Stages of Testicular Cancer
There are three stages of testicular cancer – I to III, and treatment and prognosis would depend on the stage at which it is diagnosed.
Various modalities are used depending on the stage and extent of spread.
- Surgery: Removal of the testicle is usually the first step in testicular cancer treatment. Removal of testicle for cancer is done by a procedure called “high orchidectomy” or radical orchidectomy and not through the scrotum. This may need to be followed up by chemotherapy or radiation in most cases.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy drugs are used to kill the existing cancer cells and arrest the further growth of testicular cancer. Chemotherapy can be given in early cancers to prevent recurrence of cancer and for advanced cancer to cure the advanced cancer. Chemotherapy is very effective in testicular cancer and cures majority of cases in advanced stages too.
- Radiation: External radiation can be used to target nodes in the abdomen. Radiation is very effective in seminomatous cancers. As is true of all cancers, surveillance and follow-up is very essential. History, examination and testing (blood tests for tumor markers) and scanning (CT scan of abdomen, thorax) are used for follow up.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!