Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashish Kaur
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashish KaurYour feedback matters!
My son is 15 months old He is suffering in Krabbe disease, is this disease is curable what we do Pls. Suggest me.
Can cow milk and buffalo milk is good for my 6 months kids We would like to stop formula milk and would like to start cow milk today please suggest.
I am 8 months old, I am eating vegetables puree, fruit puree and smashed khichadi and 4 to 5 times breastfeeding. I used to do solid potty but from the last 2 days my potty texture is sticky and it is loose. I poop twice daily. I am active and also eating properly. Then what is the reason for the change in texture of the potty? I do not have any teeth yet. What to do?
My baby is not gaining much weight, what could b the reason is he not getting enough feed , he is 1.5 months old now and he has gained 400 gms in 1 month
Can I use noworm syrup every 3 months in a year to my 20 month baby boy? It means can I use 4 noworm syrup in a year in the gap of 3 months? Plesae Clear my doubt sir.
My 6 month old baby having fever from last night. Her temparture is fluctuating between 99F-102F. Her head and neck area is getting excessive heated up compare to her body. What should I do as its a Sunday and no doctor is available here.
My son is 3.4 years old. Till the age of 3 he had a regular period of passing stool. Every morning immediately after he used to get up. All of a sudden he has started passing his stool every 4 days. He does not eat ant fruit except banana and cough. He has fruit juices. I also give him green veggies. But he has no other problem like stomach bloating or pain .hes happy and playful and active too. I consulted his pediatrician. He said give him leafy vegetables. But m still worried.
I have 8 month baby my baby weight is too low 6 kg I'll give breastmilk and some solid food.What can I do please give some food chart.
Breastfeeding mothers need to be conscious and aware of their diets. How the mother eats is how the child gets its nutrition. While they do not need any major changes from what they were eating during the pregnancy, a few adjustments are advised. A few basic adjustments in daily routine are enough. They are:
1. Eat very well - Eat a balanced diet to suit your health. Remember, first it is important to meet your nutritional needs. Only when you are eating well would the quality and quantity of your milk be ideal for your baby. Do not diet under any circumstance. We understand you wish to lose all the pregnancy weight soon, but remember, you child is your priority now. When you diet, your body will start drawing on its reserves. This will affect milk production. By dieting, you will also lack the amount of stamina you need to take care of your baby. Be aware that feeling extra hungry during breastfeeding is normal. Your body is working around the clock. Eat small meals at regular intervals to keep your hunger satisfied, your weight concern at bay and your body strong.
2. Don't count your calories - Not until you are breastfeeding. You need at least 500 calories more than you did when you were not breastfeeding. Don't let this shock you, your child will be feeding off you. There are other ways to regulate your weight and lose the extra pounds gained during pregnancy, do not compromise on food at all.
3. Do not rush to exercise - Consult your doctor and ask for suitable exercises for your body. You might have stitches which are yet to dry, so don't be hasty. Get your workout regime planned professionally and under guidance.
4. Do not avoid fats - Eat healthy foods and opt for good fats. Foods that are good for you and for milk production are a big yes. Foods which do not contribute in any positive way can be done without. They will only harm you in the long run.
5. Avoid alcohol - Stay away, and if you do want to indulge consult your doctor. An occasional drink is usually okay, still it is better you abstain altogether until you stop breastfeeding. And if you do have a drink, feed at least after two hours.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Breastfeeding for more than 1 year will reduce risk of getting breast and ovarian cancer.
Breastfeeding for more duration increases number of missed periods which will reduce the level of estrogen hormone in the body.
Research has shown that increased exposure to estrogen hormone is associated with more chance of getting breast cancer.