Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashish Jain
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashish JainYour feedback matters!
Sir I have been suffering from sinus problem for last 2 years, please suggest me a treatment to cure it permanently.
My daughter is 6 years. She is having bad cough and cold. Doc gave her zifi 100 and t manic syrup. But she is still having same. What to do?
My brother has problem with nose is unable to breath properly he is facing more trouble with ac and in winter season kindly suggest precautions to be taken.
I am suffering for dry cough and dry heaving from last one week, cough is consistent, little presence of cough, I am a chronic smoker as well, nd I am bit worried about my cough right now.
I'm having sinus problem, I unable to breath due to blockage of nose, what type of medication I. Need to take to remove this problem from my life.
In the night as soon as I lie on bed to sleep I constantly get light wheezing sounds during my breathing and it goes off mildly after coughing. Please suggest.
I am 21years old I have pinolidal sinus and I had surgery at 2 months back and it has been recurred again, then what is the solution for this.
I have dry cough for past one week. While coughing, there is pain in the ribs. I am 65 year old male. Please advise.
I am suffering from asthma since childhood. I got severe attack of it specially in april. Can it be 100% curable.
COPD stands for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It is generally used to describe a broad category of diseases. These include chronic bronchitis, emphysema, non-reversible asthma as well as some forms of bronchiectasis. All of these diseases however can be prevented from getting worse by taking similar measures as the causes of these diseases is very similar.
Here are the ways to prevent COPD exacerbations.
- Cleanliness: It is crucial that you do not allow infections to set in. Infections are probably the worst type of exacerbation possible in COPD. All you need to do to prevent infection is take a little care to ensure good hygiene. Wash your hands often and do not allow people with colds or flu to come close to you.
- Take vaccines: Make sure your flu and pneumonia shots have not been missed.
- Take medicines: It is crucial that medicines for your lungs are taken on schedule if you have COPD. The possible medicines which you could take if your doctor prescribes it include inhaled beta-agonists, steroids and anticholinergics.
- Spirometry: use of hand-held spirometry has been recommended by many doctors in case of COPD. All spirometries do is check the condition of the lungs by measuring various parameters to see how well the lungs are working. FEV1, measured by spirometers, is a parameter which measures how much air you can blow out in one second. This is especially great if you do not know if your condition has been exacerbated or not.
- Corticosteroids: These are another type of medicine used which can prevent COPD exacerbations. In its place, even inhaled beta-agonists or anticholinergics can be used.
These are just some measures which the doctor will take. However, it is advisable that you listen to him and not do anything without consulting him.