Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashish JainYour feedback matters!
I have stubborn cough for around 1 and half months. It's dry cough only. I have taken ayurvedic and homeopathic medicine but its not cured. I feel some sensation in chest sometimes that causes coughing. What should I do?
I am having dry cough for last five year which discomfort me badly. I consult doctors and have x ray check up and not found any problem in lungs. The cough remain as such. Even difficult to speak .it is so heavy that all muscles of chest get stretched. Please help me.
Sir I feel shortness of breath from 3 to 4 months only and please suggest me about this what is this why I facing shortness of breath.
I am 27 years guy. I captured cold and cough in my office and have been suffering still. I was advised to consume the following medicine: Leon 500 twice a day, Allegro 120 before sleep at night, Reswas cough syrup 10 ml thrice a day and gargle with Tantum oral rinse. Had this dose for 5 days. Things did not helped. Only the fever vanished and my cough became wet from dry situation. Then I consulted my doc again and he changed Leon to Azee 500 3 tablets for 3 days. Now I am still striving for cure. Consulted one more time. This time he gave some kind of steroid medicine as well along with these medicines which I don't want to consume. Could anyone recommend something better? Thanks in advance.
I am having sneezing and cough from last 1 month, it is very frequent and happens every 2nd alternate month, I am not sure of any allergies because I never had one, it is happening from last 2 years, what are you suggestions please.
Sir, after relief from fever, Cough is started and it is continuing till yet say about 2 months. What should I do?
Asthma, the long term inflammatory disease, affects the airways of lungs. A number of symptoms, including obstruction of air flow into the lungs, which can cause breathlessness, coughing, wheezing, allergic reactions and swelling of the tubes, points to it. The causes include genes as well as pollution in the environment which is resulting in an increasing number of cases. The diagnosis is usually done with a spirometry and the treatment is a long term process.
Women who suffer from asthma have to be especially vigilant during pregnancy as it can lead to a number of complications including less air passage to the foetus. This can result in a slow rate of development and certain anomalies in extreme cases. So how can a pregnant lady manage asthma? Here are a few tips:
- Involve Pulmologist: To begin with, the obstetrician and the pulmonologist must both be well aware of the situation. The pulmonologist must be given detailed information with regards to allergies as well as past treatment and medical history so that the is done systematically to prevent an attack and any complications to the foetus.
- Lung Function: During pregnancy, the doctor must monitor lung function carefully with monthly check ups to ensure that the right amount of oxygen is reaching the foetus. This is done because the severity of asthma changes in most women during pregnancy. A spriometry or peak flow metre can be used to measure the lung function. Also, the foetal movements must be monitored on a monthly basis, or rather, once every 28 days, to be more specific.
- Influenza: Flu is a common outcome of asthma, especially when it becomes severe during pregnancy. The onset of flu or influenza must be prevented at all costs with the help of a flu vaccine that will be effective at least for a season at a time. It is a pregnancy safe injection.
- Triggers: There are many things that may trigger an asthmatic attack or an allergic reaction that can lead to the same. Ensure that you do not suffer from these triggers by avoiding dust, pollen, tobacco smoke and varied other substances that can lead to choking and wheezing.
- Medication: One must ask the doctor about pregnancy safe inhaled corticosteroids that one can take during pregnancy if and when the need arises. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.