Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashish JainYour feedback matters!
I am a 19 year old boy and I suffered from dry cough for one month and then fever and from then its not going, the cough. It has been two months.
I have sore throat and dry cough too what shall I do? What precautions should I take? What shall I eat in my food.
I have breathing difficult for a month now and I have no coughing or chest pain but phlegm is there and if I clear my throat the phlegm comes out. No fever. Kindly suggest.
It is safe to seat or live with the a asthma patient? tell me about asthma disease are this disease contagious?
I m 19 year old. I m facing some breathing problem since last few months. While I face difficulty in breathing my hands sweats a lot. My mouth gets watery and I am not able to speak properly. I feel as if less oxygen is supplied to the brain. I easily get irritated. While sleeping I feel weakness. Sometimes I feel eyes getting heavier and vision not clear as normal.
My father is having lung cancer third stage 1st Chemo is started if any side effects in 2nd chemo his age is 65years and he is a non smoker paralally any alternate treatment is possible home or ayurveda? Pls suggest.
What is most precious way to protect our body from uneven weather & cough viral. So what precautions should be taken.
I am suffering from cough, I had all the the st including sputum test done there was nothing found, what should I do?
I am 21 years old and suffering from chronic cough. It is seasonal. I need a permanent solution. What should I do?
I am suffering from cold and cough from last 2 weeks I had also taken cough syrup. But no effect please suggest what to do?
My 4+ son has ahr. He was prescribed juvetra for 1mnth and vit d supplement for 2mnths as he had borderline vit d defeciency also. He was prescribed defcort and chericof for cough problem. He has finished the 1 mnth course of juvetra. But still frequently develops cough for which the prescribed medicine are not fully working. Please suggest what to do.
Tonsillitis is a disorder of the tonsils present on the back of your throat. The tonsils acts as a defensive mechanism in the body as they prevent the body from infections. This is a contagious condition and can occur at any age. It is widely prevalent among school going kids.
Tonsillitis may be classified into two types:
- Chronic tonsillitis: This type of tonsillitis tends to last for an extended duration with symptoms of bad breath and tenderness in the lymph nodes.
- Recurrent tonsillitis: This is a form of acute tonsillitis which repeats itself over a year.
Causes: Tonsils prevent various virus and bacteria from entering the body through the mouth by producing antibodies. The tonsils, however, may become vulnerable to these infections. A virus that causes common cold or the bacteria that causes strep throat may result in tonsillitis. The most common cause of this disorder is the strep bacteria. School going children are especially vulnerable to this disorder because they are most prone to various infections.
The various viruses that may cause tonsillitis are:
- Herpes simplex virus
- Epstein-Barr virus
- Influenza virus
- Parainfluenza virus
The various symptoms of tonsillitis are
- Swallowing difficulties
- A sore throat
- The sore throat may result in bad breath
- You may experience fever and chills
- Pain in the head, ear and stomach
- You may experience stiffness in the neck and the jaw
- Swollen tonsils with possible redness
- Changes in voice
- Symptoms of cold
Treatment: The treatment for tonsillitis is usually antibiotics and in some cases, tonsillectomy. The antibiotics help in getting rid of the bacterial infection. Surgery is only done in cases where tonsillitis is chronic in nature. It is important that you drink fluids and restrict smoking to prevent tonsillitis.
Asthma is a condition characterized by wheezing and difficulty in breathing. Asthma is a common disease that affects children, teenagers and adults alike. Depending on what triggers an asthmatic attack, asthma can be categorized as four types. These are:
- Allergic asthma: This sort of asthma usually begins in childhood and is caused by the overproduction of immunoglobulins as a reaction to the allergen. This type of asthma can also be passed on from one generation to another through genes.
- Infective asthma: This is caused by viral bronchial or upper respiratory tract infections. It is not hereditary.
- Emotional asthma: Some cases of asthma can be triggered by psychological factors such as stress, grief or anxiety. However, it is not clear if this is the sole trigger for asthma.
- Occupational asthma: Exposure to metallic dusts, biological detergents, polyurethane, etc. can also trigger asthmatic attacks. This type of asthma is called occupational asthma.
A homeopath will not only determine the type of asthma, but will also delve into a detailed medical history of the patient before prescribing medication. Some forms of homeopathic medication that can be used to treat asthma are:
- Lpecac: This is used to treat asthma in cases where the difficulty breathing is accompanied by a feeling of heaviness over the chest, dyspnoea, constant coughing with no expectoration and cold perspiration. It is often aggravated by motion.
- Arsenicum: Asthmatic attacks that begin in the middle of the night and are accompanied by restlessness and anguish can be treated with arsenicum. This is especially beneficial in cases of chronic asthma in elderly people and habitual dyspnoea.
- Nux vomica: This is used mainly to treat asthmatic attacks triggered by gastric troubles or be excessive intake of coffee and alcohol. A constricted feeling around the lower part of the chest is another symptom of this type of asthma.
- Kali bichromicum: Asthmatic attacks that wake a patient up in the wee hours of the morning compelling him to sit up, in order to be able to breathe can be treated with Kali bichromicum. A stringy yellow mucus expectoration is another symptom of this type of asthma. It can also be used as an effective form of treatment for asthmatic attacks caused by nervousness.
- Natrum sulphuricum: This is used to treat asthmatic attacks caused by a change in weather. In such cases, the asthmatic attack is accompanied by diarrhea and greenish expectoration. It is usually worst in the early mornings.