Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashish Jain
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Ashish JainYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from ankle pain (burning type) on back side from 10 -12 years on right foot and now left also started paining from few month please suggest some permanent remedy and also temporary for immediate relief.
Sir, me dhup me kam karta hu, hatho mein or chahre me thodi thodi sujan aa jati h esa kyu hota h or isko kese sahi kare.
Dear Doctor Lower skin layer of both toe ( foot ) is coming out and then some bleeding and paining . This is happening since from 3/4 years . Please give a permanent solution .
Hi Sir, my mother ke pairon se chala nahi jata pair me dard hota hai unki age 42 years hai. Kya kare? Please advise
My left shoulder ligament are stretched and I am unable to sleep on my left and if I lift any weight its paining. I have sever pain and I have used meftal forte and I rested for around 3 months now I wanna join gym what precaution I need to take and if there is anything that can provide strength.
My age 47/male/HCM patient / wt 67 kgs / BP 130/90 / Nebivel 5 mg / stress work nature. Feeling uncomfortable and kidiness, pain in left chest. Poor family, not able for relevant treatment. Request life advice.
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder in which the body recognizes the body's own system as foreign and produces an inflammatory reaction. The synovium which is the space between the bones and the joints and contains a lubricating fluid which allows easy movement of the joints.
Inflammation of this space leads to painful, swollen joints that can also turn red and become stiff over a period of time. The joint surfaces can gradually progresses to produce deformities (the swan-neck deformity of the hand for instance) and disability.
Because it is an autoimmune disorder, the exact etiology is not known but lifestyle, stress, cold weather are supposedly predisposing factors. That being the case, it is not surprising that Ayurveda has a variety of options, both in terms of do's and don't's to manage rheumatoid arthritis - both the severity of symptoms and further progression of the disease.
Do's: A well-planned diet will help by supporting optimal functioning of the immune system and nourish the affected joints.
- People diagnosed with RA should follow a diet that is rich in fruits and vegetables. Drumsticks, bitter gourd, carrot, papaya, green leafy vegetables, cabbage, etc., reduce inflammation and hyperactivity of the immune system. The antioxidant properties in these neutralize the free radicals circulating in the body (responsible for increasing inflammation). This helps control the longstanding inflammation of the joints
- It is also advisable to eat them as whole fruits and not as juices. The fiber in the whole fruits helps digestion
- Sprinkle pepper powder over cooling food items like cucumber and radish
- Include garlic which is an excellent remedy for RA, can be mixed with buttermilk
- Whole grains such as wheat, brown rice, millet, barley are beneficial for RA, their high fiber content helps in proper digestion and promotes regular bowel movements
- Honey mixed with water
- Drink boiled milk to which dry ginger powder is added; this can replace tea and coffee
- Milk mixed with turmeric powder is also helpful in controlling inflammation
- Work at reducing weight
Don'ts: In addition to adding the above to your diet, there are some things to avoid, which can worsen symptoms of inflammation.
- Avoid overall unhealthy and irregular diet habits which affects the immune system and aggravates symptoms
- Avoid sleeping during daytime and staying awake at nights
- Avoid deep fried foods and fermented food items
- Given its autoimmune nature, it is better to avoid regular allergy-inducing foods like dairy products, soy, peanuts, processed foods, artificial additives, etc. These could trigger an enhanced allergic reaction.
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco
- Avoid tea and coffee and other caffeinated drinks
With simple daily food habit and lifestyle changes, the severity of RA can be managed effectively.