Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
My grand daughter is 5 years old and have problem and don't respond sometimes to questions. Could it be due to complications during delivery. Kindly clarify.
My 3 n half months old son doesn't pass his motion daily. But he passes urine for about 6 to 8 times a day. My in-law says that there is some problem with him since he doesn't pass motion daily. Is it a serious issue? Because I heard babies can be like that up to 4 days. Kindly guide me what should I do?
My daughter was always want to sip her fingers in her mouth. We tried to stop it many times. But we can't. Kindly tell why she s doing like this? & how to prevent this?
One of my 8 months old twin son did not breastfeed from day one so I gave him prenan. Everything was ok till 1st month then suddenly one day he vomited. After 2 days he vomited again. I took him to his pediatrician who prescribed perinorm. But the chemist mistakenly gave me azithromycin. Which I gave him for 3 days x 3 times. My baby' s vomiting worsened after that. He started vomiting 4 - 5 times a day. And did not take his feed easily. As if he is never hungry. Till now he do not like to be fed and if fed anyhow, he vomits. It' s 7 months now but he has no relief from his vomits. His weight gain is about 200-250 gms per month.
Hello, My son is 3 years old aur us ne abi tak neck holding nai kr pa rha hai, physiotherapy b kerwaya hai, mein asa kya karun k uski neck me power ajaye please reply.
My grand daughter age 1 years 8 months suffers from allergies from food items like nuts ,milk etc. Wuld you suggest any medicine to get rid of allergies?
My daughter age 8 years is too week even having food 3 times, please advice me any health nutrition food for her.
I have a son of 4 years and he is showing with a strange symptom when he is awake in the morning his hands are shiver a little bit but after some time he is fine can any one tell me why this happens.
My baby got seizure when she was 5 days old due to low blood sugar this is coz of poor feeding, CSF investigation is normal, brain scan is normal, other blood tests is also normal. Again she got fits at the month of 10th due to fever, doc has asked to give her frisium tab with P250, MRI and EEG is also normal, then also she is taking the medicine when all she gets fever. I'm much worried about the medicine would become over dose and affect her internal organs. Plz give me your advice.
His birth weight is 3.25. And he is crying in night daily. My pediatrician said its stomach pain and gave him colimex. Shall I give him when he is crying more.
My son is 7 years old, on back side of his left leg, there is a light white line from hip to foot. Please suggests reason and remedy for the same, is this due to some deficiency ?
She is just of 1 month old baby now has something constipation like problem from 3-4 days. please suggest what to do.?
The baby is 4 months old and drinks very less milk, during feeding she drinks for only 2-3 minutes and after that for many hours she doesn't drink. Just keep on licking her finger the whole day. And doesn't feel hungry.
My son says that his right side nipple is paining while sleeping. What may be the reason? He has no fever, no swelling any where in body. Nothing. Is there any serious issue?
2. Following the gargle, drink 2 cups of warm water. This measure will wash out the drugs that is deposited during nebulization on the walls of the esophagus. Thus avoid esophageal irritation caused due to the drug deposited on the inner walls of the esophagus.
3. It will definately help to have a air purifier at home to monitor the particulate matter content in the ambience. This will also reduce the frequency of attacks and enable relatively clean air for the affected, creating comfortable indoors.
4. Take time out to teach children on how to apply the inhaler effectively so as to be able to self-help during acute asthmatic attacks. If available, adrenaline shots of 0.5 to 1 mg may be carried on them, so that in event of severe asthmatic attack, a subcutaneous shot of adrenaline is life saving.
5. Be aware of early signs of an attack, point out these early signs to asthmatic children so that they may stop their activity and take self-help measures.
6. Do not wait for ambulances to arrive in case anybody is in acute asthmatic attack, sit the person in upright position, give them multiple shots through pocket inhaler or start nebulisation with duolin +/- budecort, if the affected person is carrying a adrenaline shot - 1mg subcutaneous should be given on the deltoid of either upper limb of the person.
Did you know that there are certain foods that increase your child's height naturally? Foods that are rich in essential nutrients such as Vitamins, Calcium, Zinc, Magnesium etc can prove to be highly instrumental in adding extra inches to your child's height. Read on...
1. Whole Grains - Whole grains are rich sources of Zinc, Magnesium and Vitamin B, which play a very vital role in promoting your child's growth during his/her budding years. Additionally, whole grains also contain calories and carbohydrates, which ensure the maintenance of proper weight in your child, imparting him/her with the requisite energy to go on throughout the day. Feed your child whole-grain breads, cereals and pastas to make him healthier and taller.
2. Milk - Milk contains calcium and Vitamin D, which help in bone development during the growing years of a child, besides increasing his/her physical strength. Milk also helps in assimilating different proteins making it one of the best foods to be consumed by your child for attaining a good height. Three servings of milk, or milk products such as cheese or yoghurt, each day will suffice your child's Vitamin D and calcium requirement.
3. Fruits and Vegetables - Fruits are excellent sources of Vitamin A, which is instrumental in ensuring an enhanced rate of bone growth in your child, consequently making him/her taller. You can include carrots, mangoes, sweet potatoes, spinach etc. in your child?s diet to aid his/her height growth. It's advisable to provide him/her with 3 to 5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
4. Eggs - To ensure that your child grows taller naturally, providing him/her with a protein rich diet is very crucial. Eggs contain ample amount of protein needed to keep your child energetic throughout the day and help him/her grow taller. One to two eggs per day is considered to be the ideal intake amount for a child.
5. Soybeans - Soybeans are rich sources of protein and help in enhancing the growth of bones and muscles of your child, which in turn adds to his/her height during the budding years. You can cook various soybean dishes or you can add ground soybean powder to the dough while making rotis to make soybean a part of your child?s diet.
Although a child's height is also dependent on his/her genes, a well balanced diet containing these super-foods will increase your child's chances of growing to the fullest to attain a good height.