Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashish Gupta
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashish GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr, Please tell me if I will take apetamin while breastfeeding is it safe for my baby and me Because I eat a lot of food per day but I can't gain weight please help me.
Hi I wnt to ask about my 2 months old baby as he vomiting after feeding so pls suggest what we need to do.
My daughter is 8 year. Uske dil me janm se hi 13 mm ka hole hai. Jiski Myne injyographi 1 year ki thi tabhi karai thi tab se ab tak vo thik hai. Medisan me usko, Furoped syrap Tonoferan syrap De raha Hu kya ye sahi hai.
Dear Sir/Madam My 5 months boy has been habituated to suck all fingers of hand. Now his weight is 5 kgs and 516 grams. Day by day his habit of sucking fingers increasing and feeding of milk is some what decreasing. Is there any problem for his weight? How can I remove this habit? And how can we increase his feeding of milk? please suggest me to his weight gain.
Hi doctor My baby girl is 3 months old She had lactose intolorence due to which she had stomach infection n acidic stills and advised to be given zerolac only at 2nd month for 2 weeks and after then she recovered have started bf & zerolac alternatively She is absolutely okie and above healthy have started vegetable soup since a week I want to give her nachni & dal ka paani My concern is can I give And if yes and then how to giv with wat mixture Thanks in advance
Coughing during the night can really wreak havoc for your sleep and cause inexplicable discomfort in the throat and chest region. Thankfully, you can manage it by soothing your tickling throat as well as sensitive airways before you go to bed at night.
- Drink herbal tea: A mugful of non-caffeinated tea mixed with a teaspoon of honey before going to bed can help you to a considerable extent. This is because any warm liquid has the power to break down the formation of mucus in the throat region and with a bit of honey, the herbal tea becomes even more powerful.
- Try to sleep in an inclining position: Gravity is your greatest enemy while combating night-time cough. When you lie down flat on your back at night, all the mucus and dust particles, which you have swallowed all through the day, would accumulate in the throat area and aggravate it making more cough. But you can easily defy gravitational force by piling up some pillows and prop yourself on them while sleeping. You may also keep a wooden block of 4 inches height under your head, which would keep the acids in the stomach so that they don’t come up to irritate your throat.
- Make sure you use the steam cautiously: When your airways are dry, it can make you cough harder. Therefore, you may find relief if you take a warm shower or a bath before going to bed. But you have to be sure that you don’t have asthma as steam can prove harmful for you.
- Check the level of humidity: Humidifiers are known to soothe the problem of persistent coughing when the surrounding air is dry. But too much of moisture during the night can also make you cough. This is because dust mites, mold and other allergens thrive well in the damp air and they could conspire to make your cough even worse. So, pick up a cheap hygrometer from a hardware store and see that the humidity level stays within 40 to 50 percent.
- Equip yourself at night: Keep all the things from drops to water to cough syrup or anything that soothes coughing at your bedside so that you can help yourself in case you wake up in the middle of the night and start coughing.
By following these few tips every day, you can manage the night time cough and have a good night’s sleep without any interruptions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.