Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashish Gupta
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ashish GuptaYour feedback matters!
I have pain in gums from 2 weeks. Now i am using sensodyne toothpaste. And getting relief from it. Do i require to consult a dentist now?
Many adults suffer from Periodontal disease, which may result in slight swelling of the gums or something more severe as grave damage to the bone and tissue, which holds on to the teeth. After the onset of Periodontal disease, dental care is essential as it will determine the progress of the condition.
What are some of the causes of Periodontal disease?
1. Smoking is one of the main causes of gum diseases. Moreover, it also reduces chances of effective treatment.
2. Hormonal changes in women make the gums increasingly sensitive; as a result they become more susceptible to the onset of gingivitis.
3. Diabetic patients are more likely to develop infection of the gums.
4. The ongoing treatment for serious medical conditions like AIDs and cancer can also cause Periodontal Disease.
5. Genetics also plays an essential role in the onset of gums diseases.
What are the symptoms of Periodontal disease?
1. Persistent foul breath
2. Red inflamed gums
3. Tender gums with some amount of bleeding
4. A sensation of pain while chewing food
5. Loose teeth
6. Teeth sensitivity
In case these symptoms are experienced, a dentist should be immediately consulted.
How is Periodontal disease treated?
1. The most effective way of treating Periodontal disease, is by controlling the progression of the condition. The type of treatment generally depends on the extent of the disease.
2. Generally the doctor begins treatment by cleaning out the plaque, through a process called scaling and root planing. Scaling gets rid of the tartar from the gums and root planing removes rough spots from the root of the tooth, where bacteria generally accumulate and breed. Sometimes, a laser is also used for the same.
3. After the cleaning is done, certain medicines are recommended and the doctor recommends strict oral care.
4. If the diseases continue to worsen, a surgical treatment may be recommended.
5. Some surgical treatments include flap surgery and bone and tissue grafts.
I have ulcers in my mouth. They happen very often. More often than others. I would like a solution for this.
My baby is 1 year old but has no teeth still and has bow legs as well. She also has very less hair on her head .Her weight gain is also very slow .Now she is 1 year and 8 kg only. Is this any deficiency symptom?
Hello my mom is 48 years old. She is suffering from high diabetes and bp. She experience cavities in her teeth. And she want assemble new set of teeth and dentist said first control diabetes and bp. .she take medicine regularly. Can you suggest me how she could control her bp and diabetes.
I want a good smile with good shape teeth. But withing 6 months. I have center to right side teeth in back and center to left side teeth in forth. What to do for a good shape of teeth.
What are dental implant? How safe they are? What is the advantage of an implant?
Whenever, there is a missing tooth, earlier the treatment was to replace it with a plastic denture or with a fixed bridge. A denture requires ugly wires to hold it in place and for the bridge process, cutting the neighbouring healthy teeth is required, in order to provide support to it.
Both had limitations with respect to the number of teeth that could be replaced.
A Dental implant is nothing, but a screw made of pure Titanium and is fixed in the jaw bone. They are a 100% safe, provided the surgery is well planned and executed keeping the patient's overall medical health in mind and with specific attention given to the amount of remaining bone in the jaw.
Implants can be used to replace a single tooth or many missing teeth. Even if you have no teeth remaining, implants can be used to support a complete denture, thus making them secure and firm in fit.
The entire procedure is relatively painless as it is done under local anaesthesia and within 3 to 6 months with some additional measurements, your dentist will be able to fabricate custom-made teeth for you that allow you to chew and talk just like before!
Keep in mind that along with regular check up, good maintenance on your part as a patient with good hygiene habits, your implants could last for many years. In our practice we have replaced single teeth, multiple missing teeth and entirely missing sets including those with complete dentures (learn more about Regular Care for Dentures) for patients from the age of 30 to 85! There is no reason for you not to get a satisfactory result with dental implants!