Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashish
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AshishYour feedback matters!
Hii doctor, I have more wrinkle on my body skin than normal people. So how I reduced its. Now I'm 20 year old.
Laser Hair removal is a medico-dermatological process to remove unwanted hair follicles by exposing the same to the pulses of laser light. The basic principle adopted for this is known as Selective Photothermolysis or SPTL. Specific wavelengths of light and pulse duration are applied on the targeted tissue. Melanin imparts color to the hair and skin. One type of melanin, known as Eumelanin imparts the black or brown color, whereas Pheomelanin imparts the red or blonde color. Laser is the most effective on dark and coarse hair.
The following are the types of Lasers used for hair removal:
Ruby laser: The primary laser for hair removal, it is most effective on fair skin and is well absorbed by the melanin. Because of small spot size and slow repetitive application, it becomes much expensive and uncomfortable.
- Alexandrite laser: It covers larger spot size and works faster on fair and olive complexions.
- Diode laser: With longer wavelength, it penetrates deeply into the skin. It is most suitable for darker skin but not for finer and lighter hair. Because of smaller spot size, treatment may take a lot of time.
- Nd: YAG Laser: With larger spot size and faster repetition rates, it is suitable for all types of skin, including tanned skin. However, it is less effective on fine and light hair.
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL): Emitting full wavelengths of light, this treats problems of skin pigmentation. It suits best for a fairer skin tone and darker hair.
Duration of Treatment: It takes about 4-6 sessions spaced four weeks apart.
Target time: The targeted hair follicles start falling within 10 to 14 days.
Areas suitable for treatment
- Larger areas of skin can be treated.
- It is important to know that hair grows in three phases; growing, resting and shedding. You can make your choice according to your skin’s pigmentation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.