Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Ashish BhattacharyaYour feedback matters!
I am 40 year old man. I am suffering from insomnia and high blood pressure. I am taking following medicine: 1 For insomnia: Larzopoma 2 mg Clozepam 0.25 mg before going to bed 2. For high blood pressure: metropolis 50 mg after dinner nowadays I am feeling swollen in the following body parts eye face Please tell me can I sleep without this medicine as I am taking the above medicine from the last 4 years and I am habitual for the above medicine. Is other any option for sleeping without medicine.
What is migraine headache ?does computer is associated with migraine .I have headaches which are not severe but I get it frequently and even daily. I even have a big spectacle number recently checked by doctor as I have squint in my one eye. So please let me know what my problem is ?
My son is suffering from severe headache for the last six months and about three years back also while he was a student of architecture he had similar type of headache.Ct scan,mri-brain scan,mri-spinalscan, and color doppler test all shows no abnormality. A good neurologist of chennai who consulted him for a few weeks declared him normal. But he still complaints that he has headache however it is subsided by 50% now. We tried accupunture and yoga theraphy also(by qualified persons ).He is unable to concentrate and hence not going for work . He does'nt havr thr problem of vision also . He is 23 yrars old. Also while he was a kid he attended a boarding school. He is not sure whether he had any injury to his head at that time. Also the mri brain scan taken 3 yrs back also had no abnormal reports . Pls advice.
My mother had stroke due to brain hamreg 3 months back she is diabetic and suffering from low bp often, due to this we are unable to treat her paralysis condition please suggest some tips to maintain her bp.
Dear sir, From one month I had head tingling and numbness in hand and legs, I contact doctor he told me it was anxiety and given some tablets, but it won't help me. May I know how long it will take to cure, it was big problem, please suggest me.
My head is paining from last three days. Doc says I have problem ogmf migraine. He told me to take combo flame tablet. Will it work. Or should I consult another doctor.
What are The symptoms of migraine? I get severe headache usually. I guess its migraine, so tell me the symptoms please.
My 20 year friend is suffering from headache from past five days. Its happening every 2 hours, acute pain in head. What should be done to cure this head ache? is it migraine or sight issue? pls suggest some thing to cure his head ache problem thank you.
Sir my father suffering for bells palsy from last I Week and he is diabetic patient .physiotherapy has started and steroid medicine is going on .But no improvement. How can he free from this situation?
My Mother Is having migraine as well as improper digestion problem. What should I do so that she gets relief?
Epilepsy is a brain triggered disorder that can result in the affected person having seizures or convulsions of the body. Such convulsions last about a few minutes and the person undergoing epileptic seizure might be unaware of what’s happening to him/her during those brief moments. They may recover and appear disoriented for a few minutes more.
Epilepsy can’t be cured but is treated through medicines called anticonvulsant drugs.
- Epilepsy is a neurological disorder brought about due to unusual electrical activity in the brain
- The person having the disorder can have episodes of seizures where there can be sudden involuntary movements of the person’s whole body and shaking of the arms and legs lasting a few minutes
- The condition can occur to anybody irrespective of age but children seem to suffer more from the condition following a head injury or emotional trauma
- Electroencephalogram or EEG is the best way for the doctor to understand the exact nature of the disorder and this will help in the treatment.
- Treatment through drugs is the most popular way of keeping the convulsions under check
- Medically, if the patient goes without seizures for a few years under regular medication then there is every possibility the person may not suffer further convulsions
- Apart from medication, dietary regulations have also been adopted by many physicians to treat the condition. Low carb and high protein items are advised as a way to reduce/stop the epileptic seizures
- In some cases, the doctor might decide to conduct a surgery to remove the aberrant part of the brain to treat the individual for epilepsy
- People with epilepsy have to take a lot of precautions in their daily routines to avoid getting seriously injured if they were to suffer a sudden attack of seizures
- Driving and swimming are to be avoided by them
- People standing around can help reduce the suffering by turning the person over to one side and offering a support to the head. Care can also be taken to remove any object that can cause injury to the person while having the convulsions.
- Some doctors study the pattern of the seizures occurring and help in regulating them in such a manner that the person gets the convulsions only in the nights while asleep
- This can limit the damage done to the person and can also help the person in going about normal routines
- Parents must inform the school authorities if their children suffers from epilepsy so that they can provide first aid to such students immediately if episodes occur in school
Epilepsy is a brain-related disorder that can cause the person to go through involuntary shaking of the body and the limbs. It is usually treated with drugs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.