Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashima Srivastava
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Ashima SrivastavaYour feedback matters!
When my friend coughing some amount blood is spitting out. Also he is a smoker daily 1 pack he used to smoke. Is this a serious problem.
Feeling stressed out? Don’t reach for the pills just yet; there is a better option out there. Almost all conventional methods of treatment come with side effects, no matter how effective they are. Why not opt for an equally effective method, but without side effects, yes you heard it right! Homeopathy is a method of treatment that is effective and free from side effects.
Here are some homeopathic remedies that can help you de-stress:
1. Be active: Feeling stressed of late? Time to get your running shoes on. Research proves that exercise is one of the best remedies for stress, activities such as running and swimming release ‘endorphins’ in the system, which uplift your mood. So go for an early morning jog or a late evening swim, whatever suits you just make sure that you get some exercise on a regular basis.
2. Diet: Stress can result from an improper diet where the body is not well nourished. The body needs its share of various vitamins and minerals to function optimally. So it is important to eat a well balanced meal and avoid eating junk food. Eating unhealthy food can cause reactions in the body that lead to various diseases.
3. Be connected: Being connected does not mean being connected on social media, rather forming and nurturing ‘people to people’ connections. Talk to people, getting involved in team activities and participating in various sports. Form meaningful relationships with others so that you have someone to listen to you when you feel weary and low. Staying isolated can cause symptoms of stress to aggravate.
4. Start a hobby: If you don’t already have one, spend some time doing things that give you pleasure. It can be something that gives you a sense of accomplishment. Doing such activities will keep your mind active and reduce stress levels.
5. Medications: Apart from the above, homeopathy has medications such as Nux Vomica which is used to reduce anger and impatience. For people who are stressed due to overwork, Kali Phos is an effective remedy. In case of prolonged grief such as the one resulting from a sudden demise in the family, Natrum Mur and Ignatia are advised. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
Hai am 35 years old female, unmarried.past five days sudden pain in my right butt and back of my thighs and calf. Only right side. Is this high in risk. I do not have any health issues so far everything normal. Please help me. But I have heavy stress level.
I forget after sometime what someone has told to me. I always thinks about something else. So, please let me tell that how could I not forget what someone has told to me and how I can concentrate on that. Is this a disease and if it is how I can cure?
I am going to do a love marriage. We are in relationship from last 1.5 years. And we both belongs to same cast. Only my parents have some issue .but all this is getting sort out. Actually I told my boyfriend about my past that I was raped by adopted brother for 4 years and only my mom know this not father. My bf loves me too much. And so he wants to take revenge from that man. He consider my mother is also culprit in this as she had not took me to the doctor when she came to know the man to whom they adopted is harassing her own daughter. My boyfriend is very angry on that man and my mother now. He gets panic attack and he can not focus on career not. But I don't want to happen this to my bf. I want to save him. Sometimes I think if I leave him he will b happy but he can not live without me. And am the only support for him after his family. He can not tell this to anyone as his to be wife can not tell ppl that she is raped. I am very afraid of his suddenly changing behaviours, how can I help him to come out of this and to start living happy life?
I am 20 years old I have problems of low memory power forgetting crucial things easily pls help me how to remember. And my nerves gets vibrating randomly at anytime pls say me a solution to what to do. Thanks in advance. Pls mail me.
I am 26 year old female I am in love with a person who is a weed smoker past 10 years but he also a civil servant. He behave well but he remain silent all the time and expression less. He avoids small emotional issue, he unintentionally avoid my calls or makes he said he loves but he never take initiative for us. Never make any decisions for future. Please guide me what will the consequences if I marry with him. I am in big stress. please help me out which kind for decision we should take.
Sir, I am preparing for competitive exams and I am facing a problem. It is not possible to me to remember all the things what I read please give me suggestion to overcome this problem.
I am 29 years old unmarried. I am a regular cigarette smoker from last 8-9 yrs. From last 30-40 days I am feeling heaviness in my chest with little pain. I feel that something has been filled in my chest. I am also feeling weakness also.
Most of us have faced the feeling of being weighed down by life's harsh realities and have been sad or low for a long while. It is very common to be upset for some time and most people recover from this feeling and start smiling again in a short span of time. But, if you or any of your loved ones are almost always very sad and this spirit is affecting your daily life considerably, then chances are you might be undergoing a phase of depression.
Here are certain signs to watch out for to determine whether you are struggling with depression.
- Cultivation of a pessimistic approach about everything in life - You feel a sense of hopelessness and that your situation in life will always be the same without any improvement is a sure shot sign that you are suffering from depression.
- Sudden variation in weight or appetite - If you suddenly find that you've lost or gained a significant amount of weight without any substantial reason, then chances are high that it is happening because of your depression.
- A significant change in sleeping patterns - If you've been experiencing insomnia lately or have got a habit of oversleeping, then these might be symptoms of depression.
- Feeling of guilt without any particular reason - If you have started feeling guilty or constantly blame yourself for everything you've done in the past then the reason behind this may be your state of depression.
- Anger or irritated mood - Having a low level of tolerance, getting angry quickly or always being in an irritated mood can be a prominent sign of depression.
- Displaying an uninteresting behaviour towards regular activities - If you no longer feel pleasure in pursuing your favourite activities or things from daily life like hobbies; socialising doesn't interest you anymore then it can be a warning sign for you. In such cases, you can consult a psychiatrist to get treatment for depression.