Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashima Srivastava
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Ashima SrivastavaYour feedback matters!
My girl friend is not like before when it come to sexual activities it's been close to a year v kissed each other I really wanna knw whats goin on and y is she not showing any interest in me. Every time I ask her anything all she tells me is she is very stressed to think abt all this.
Due to one month of illness. I'm mentally disturbed. I don't know what to do now and I feel like blank everywhere in my life. please council me to get out of all this.
I am 18 year old male, I am a student and wanted to ask is amway ginkgo biloba with ginseng safe to use to enhance memory.
In light of the several recent cases of men battering their wives and maltreating women, it’s about time we talked about certain unhealthy character traits
The statistics of people, especially women in Nigeria, who are abused daily or sustain permanent life-altering physical and psychological injuries is startling.
In trying to attain a more healthy and peaceful society, here are 6 characteristics every man should get rid of:
A few of the initial behaviors you may want to check are intense jealousy, fixation and history of abuse. If you have relatives that have been known to be violent in the past in any way, then you may want to address that.
Here are the six other behaviors to look out for:
Threats: If you tell a lady to do something and she doesn’t oblige you request, you shouldn’t then resolve to threats and violent promises. Being calm and reasoning things out is the way forward.
Commanding behavior: No one likes to be ordered around. A woman is not a piece of furniture that can be pushed around. Respect everyone around you and treat them the way you would like to be treated.
Irrational mood swings: If you notice that you go from 0-100 in a second, then you have an issue on your hands. Get the help of a therapist or prayers, whatever helps.
Destructive behavior: There are so many ways you can have an argument without throwing something against the wall or putting your fist through a wall.
Harmful insults: Watch the words that come out of your mouth. There are certain things we say in the heat of the moment that we can’t take back. However, if they occur often, then you should check it.
Violent outbursts during arguments: Lastly, if your voice keeps rising during arguments to a point where the people in the next compound feel like they are in the same room as you or the person you’re arguing with is flinching, then there’s an issue.
Finally, in regard to this issue, if you know anyone in an abusive relationship or you may be in one yourself and you are the abuser, use these signs as a check and get some help.
Depression can be caused because of many reasons. However, it can get worse or be triggered due to nutritional deficiency. However nutritional deficiencies and depression act in a vicious cycle. Depressed people often receive less or improper food which leads to malnutrition which again aggravate depression. Thus, both conditions should be treated simultaneously. Read further to know how:
- Omega-3 fatty acids: An Omega-3 unsaturated fat deficiency can cause depression. That shows exactly how much fish, salmon, halibut or flaxseeds and walnuts we have to expend to be at an ideal level. These basic minerals lessen aggravation and take up a basic part in our mental health, particularly memory and disposition.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D deficiency is a noteworthy problem that specialists and general physicians perceive to be dangerous. This lack has been connected to depression, dementia and mental imbalance. The majority of our Vitamin D levels drop off during the fall and winter months, since daylight is the best source of vitamin D.
- Magnesium: Odds are great that you are magnesium inadequate since a lot of people are. Sugar, phosphoric acid, perpetual anxiety, anti-infection agents and diuretics contain magnesium. Magnesium is infrequently alluded to as the anxiety counteracting agent.
- Vitamin B complex: B vitamins like vitamin B6 and vitamin B12 have some great medical advantages, including decreased heart diseases and healthy skin and nails. Again, a vitamin B deficiency may affect your emotional wellness. Every one in four depressed or stressed woman suffers from vitamin B12 deficiency.
- Folate: Individuals with a low folate level have just a seven percent reaction to treatment with antidepressants. Those with high folate levels have a reaction of 44 percent. That is the reason a lot of specialists are currently endorsing a folate called Deplin to treat dejection.
- Amino acids: Amino acids are the building blocks of protein that help your mind work efficiently. An amino acid deficiency may make you feel slow, foggy, unfocused, and discouraged. Great sources of amino acids include meat, eggs, beans, seeds, and nuts.
- Iron: Iron deficiency is truly common in women. Around 20 percent of the women and 50 percent of pregnant women are iron deficient. Just 3 percent of men are iron deficient. The most widely recognized type of side effect is the decreasing number of red platelets brought on by the lack of iron. The side effects include weakness, concentration issues and a foggy mind.
- Zinc: Zinc is used by more proteins (a person has more than 300) than some other minerals. It is important to most of the body’s systems. It also helps our stomach to determine what food items or nutrients to keep and what to dispose off.
Therefore, it is very important for a person to consume the right amount of nutrients that a human needs. Their deficiency not only causes depression, but also many other diseases and illnesses.
Hi, I am taking depressant treatment since last five years. Still now I am not feeling better. Tablets are spectra, doxin, prothiaden, fuvator, fluoxin, I want your help.
My sister has been taking antidepresant estalopram 5mgfor the last 12 years at the age of 15 I am not fully improved now I want to leave the medicine how.
If some people if circle disturbed me as mentally stressed ,so what should I will do for get ride from it? please kindly will reply me respected sir/madam.
We all go through the ups and downs of our everyday lives. There are times when we feel we can achieve a lot, do wonders, make the most of our potential, and then there are days when we consider ourselves complete failures, feel down in the dumps, and nothing seems to be going our way. Such is life, and this variety and unpredictability is its beauty. Having a low mood, feeling sad or even “depressed” is actually different from clinical depression.
According to the ICD-10 Classification of Mental and Behavioural Disorders, clinical depression is marked by the following three cardinal symptoms lasting for a period of at least 2 weeks:-
- Depressed mood
- Loss of interest and enjoyment
- Reduced energy leading to easy fatigability and diminished activity.
In addition to this, other common symptoms could be – reduced concentration and attention, reduced confidence and self-esteem, ideas of guilt and unworthiness, bleak and pessimistic views of the future, disturbed sleep and appetite, and ideas of self-harm or suicide.
Just like any other psychological illness, depression also could be due to a combination of bio-psycho-social factors. It is a very common illness and affects 1 in every 3 persons in India once in their lifetime. Although it can have a recurring course, it is definitely treatable with anti -depressant medication, psychotherapy, certain lifestyle changes and Homoeopathy also .
There are some things that you can do too to manage your mood.
STEPS TO BEAT DEPRESSION
- Maintain a routine. A structured day keeps the uncertainties and stress to the minimal. Moreover, it makes sure efficient use of your time.
- Go for a walk or exercise. Physical activity releases endorphins, often called “happy hormones” which work as natural anti-depressants.
- Engage more often in your favourite activities, hobbies or things that give you happiness even if it seems futile. The general rule of thumb that works in depression is- THE MORE YOU DO, THE MORE YOU FEEL LIKE DOING. So, don't wait for your mood to get better before you do things that you enjoy.
- Share your feelings and thoughts with people you are comfortable with. They might not be able to suggest a solution to your problem but you would feel much better.
- Feel free to consult a mental health professional like a Clinical Psychologist who understands the condition well and has acquired professional training in dealing with such problems. Psychotherapy is very effective in treating depression and can help you deal better with the situation.
"Do not believe the things you tell yourself when you are sad and alone"