Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Asha SharmaYour feedback matters!
My friend had sex with his girlfriend yesterday without protection but ejaculated outside and today his girlfriend is having headache and feeling of vomiting is there any chance of pregnancy? Should he buy her a ipill ? Does it have any side effects ? He is very concerned about it and afraid to ask for help kindly do help.
I had conceived n my due date is coming 9 Dec but I want to know exactly at which time period I got pregnant as we tried on day 13th, 14th, 15th then on 22nd morning my lmp was 4th of March n my avg cycle length is 28. I am eager to know becoz I heard d due date can be changed to few weeks before and after n that is becoz people usually don't know when they tried but I know the exact dates so want to confirm which time either the 13-15th or 22 nd p.
My husband using a oil on his penis to do a sex, we are planning to get a pregnancy, oily penis will be OK to get pregnancy or we should do a sex with a clear penis?
I am 38 Year old female, 60 days ago I went through MVR surgery. Now I am well recovered, But my periods are not started from 40 days My Last date of Periods is 22 Oct. And I have done a pregnancy test on 29 Nov. 15, Which was negative. But should I do.
I am having polycystic ovary disease .Both ovaries are enlarge in size and shows multiple small peripherally placed small follicles with central echogenic stroma. No focal lesion seen. Right ovary: 3.4×2.7×2.3 CMS (vol-11.6 cc) Left ovary: 4.4×2.5×2.4 (vol-14. 2 cc).
My friend wants to know if using ecosprin (aspirin) would stop his girl friend from getting pregnant. The two of them are panicking and they wanted some professional help. If aspirin helps please let me know about the dosage.
I had an unsafe intercourse with my wife on last month. For a precaution taken ipill on the very next morning before 7 hrs. On that month period is OK. But this month due was on 11th and not yet come. Dr. is this happened for to consuming I pill or? Kindly reply me a solution soon.
I have gone through laparoscopy for fibroids and endometriosis in dec 16, now I have got low AMH level. Please suggest if there is any treatment to improve reproductive health.
I and my girlfriend had protected sex on 2feb. But I rubbed her without protection for 5-10 sec. Following which she took an ipill under 24 hours and had her withdrawal bleeding on 8th Feb for 3 days. Now she has not got her periods. Did upt twice in last 7 days and both are negative. Please help.
Hi, I got married recently and may I know which period is best for sex to avoid pregnancy without using condoms?
Can anyone tell me the pregnancy symptoms. Because I not yet became. So this is first time. I want to become so please reply.
Dyspareunia is a phenomenon noticed in both males and females, but more frequently in females. It refers to recurring pain during or after sexual intercourse. Such kind of pain affects female genitalia usually the vagina, clitoris, or at times the depths of the pelvis. This pain is often accompanied by a burning, itching or throbbing sensation which can prove to be extremely discomforting if left unattended. Thankfully, a careful examination of symptoms leading to Dyspareunia and its early diagnosis can improve a person's sexual health.
Indicators of this deep rooted problem
- Pain can occur during penetration in and around the vagina, urethra or the bladder.
- Pain can be a new occurrence after earlier instances of painless intercourse.
- It can be felt throughout intercourse in places, such as deep in the pelvis or even after intercourse.
- The intensity of the ache is sometimes sharp and at other times, it is as piercing as menstrual cramps.
- It need not necessarily be associated with intercourse; pain can be experienced during any kind of penetration. Thus, using a tampon or a moon cup can also result in soreness.
- Skin diseases can either be a symptom or a root cause leading to the problem. Skin problems, such as Psoriasis or Lichen Sclerosus should not be taken lightly.
- Tightening of vaginal muscles at the beginning of intercourse may or may not be superficial pain. In most cases, it is identified as Vaginismus but it can also be a symptom of acute Dyspareunia.
Ways to nip the pain in the bud
- While, usually, pain during sexual intercourse is a result of adolescence or a traumatic sexual history, it can also be the result of a physiological problem contracted at birth. However, treatment in any situation is necessary to enable smooth functioning of one's life.
- Injectable corticosteroids might prove to be helpful.
- There are oral medications to remedy the problem; antibiotics and antifungal medicines.
- Increase in estrogen levels through the use of the drug Osphena helps in curing frailty of vaginal tissues.
Precautionary measures to be followed at home
- Taking a warm bath before intercourse can lead to betterment.
- It is best to avoid sex when in stress. Both partners should be relaxed to ensure a complete lack of pain.
- After sex pain can be relieved by applying an ice pack around the vulva.
- Urinating before sex can be helpful. It is also good to use water soluble lubricants for stimulation.
I am two months pregnant. Shall I walk normal or I should take bed rest? In my home they are saying sit ideally. Don't do any work?
Dysentery is the inflammation of the intestine that causes appearance of blood and mucous in stool. It is caused by bacteria or parasites. In this condition, the patient passes semi liquid stool many times in a day. It is a contagious disease and is transmitted via the faecal oral route. Thus, a group of people like a family living together or students in a hostel are more prone to picking up the infection. This infection is also transmitted via anal sex.
Ayurveda is a herbal medicinal treatment, originated in India. It is known to have cure for various health problems. Usually Diarrhoea cures itself through diet change, but in case of dysentery, medication is required to combat bacteria and parasites. Some ways to treat Dysentery with Ayurvedic remedies are as follows:
- Isabbael for Chronic Amoebiasis: Isabbael is a formulation that treats dysentery caused due to Amoebiasis. When the stool contains mucus and the infected patient feels a cramp before passing stool, it is considered an Amoebiasis infection. Isabbael is very good for bacillary dysentery as well. It is advised to consume 1 teaspoonful twice daily with water for 5 to 7 days for best results.
- Ambimap for dysentery: Ambimap herbal formulation possesses a multi-purpose approach to control and cure dysentery (Pravahika). It is known to treat and cure all types of parasitic infection and provides immediate relief. For best results, 1 or 2 tablets should be taken 2 to 3 times a day with water.
- Churna for dysentery: Churna is a polyherbal Ayurvedic medicine in powdered form and is high beneficial in treating dysentery.
You can also opt for Ayurvedic remedies that can be formulated at home. They are as follows:
- Combine powdered dry ginger root, amla powder, long and black pepper in equal proportions. It is advisable to store this dry mixture in a glass container. For best results, consume one teaspoon of this mixture with lukewarm water two times a day.
- Another great way to combat dysentery is to drink buttermilk. Just add a bit of rock salt as well as powdered roasted cumin seeds. Drink this mixture two times a day preferably with breakfast and at lunchtime. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
What necessary food and other take care my wife where she is delivered normal baby yesterday on 3rd may'16. Please give me advice.
I am female, student 22 years old, with slight pcod, height 5.4ft, wt 60 kg from Mumbai, with heavy breast, left breast much bigger than right one, how to reduce size, mammogram shows fat.
Hello doctor, I am in my15 week pregnancy and I am bit confuse regarding food cause doctor has asked me to avoid warm food, so please tell me can I have chicken. I had my first pregnancy miscarriage and now this is my first pregnancy again so I am very much concerned. please help me to maintain my healthy pregnancy by advising proper food.
If you check the recent scientific studies, then you will come to know that PPI drugs are treated as the popular medicines to treat heartburn troubles, but as the side-effect, you will face acute cognitive troubles. Your mental condition might get affected in various ways causing memory or concentration loss, decrease in brain ability and others. Though, these drugs are very safe but only effectively treating heartburn troubles, especially gastroesophageal-reflux disease.
How Dementia is related with PPI drugs?
PPI drugs are normally recommended by doctors for treating heartburn issues, but if you are taking these drugs on a continuous basis, then you might face the unwanted signs or symptoms of dementia. This is a hardcore fact and it has been observed by many reputed researchers of the present age. There are some commonest symptoms that can be observed due to dementia and some of the prominent ones are as follows:
- Beta-amyloid production: Beta-amyloid is a kind of protein and the growth of this specific protein increases to a great extent with the consistent intake of PPI drugs. This protein might lead to the increase in varied dementia signs, out of which the most severe kind of situation is Alzheimer's disease. This disease might get converted into dreadful condition at times and this is the reason a regular or consistent intake of PPI drugs should be essentially avoided. If you are facing this condition, then you should report about the same to your doctor immediately. This protein is very toxic or harmful for the brain as your mental ability is being adversely affected.
- Decrease of vitamin B-12: If vitamin b-132 decreases day by day, then acute mental disturbances will get invited. If you want to avoid this kind of condition, then nothing can be a better option other than avoiding PPI drugs. This is the only reason that doctors never recommend taking these drugs in an excessive limit. In fact, sometimes, these drugs are prescribed along with other potential medicines that can help in maintaining mental health in good condition. If you have got any family history of mental trouble, then you should reveal the same to your doctor so that strong PPI medicines are not prescribed for gastric troubles. In fact, there are few limitations among PPI drugs that are never to be prescribed by doctors and all the doctors should follow the same in a sincere manner.